An interesting idea !!!

Just because Flick didn’t get the ball doesn’t mean he didn’t play well. In Regina he was lined up all over the field and they run plays for him, while he was here he was lined up at receiver and did nothing but run fly routes and was rarely a primary receiver on any play, also in Regina he would have had over 2000 yards if he had a q.b who could throw a more accurate deep ball, and if you don’t believe me then ask any coach who has went over all their game film from this year.

Saying Maas' job wasn't safe by Desjardins hardly matches the reality of the course taken by the coaching staffs selection of starting QB. Besides I said that the number 1 priority was to find a starter, a job he never took very seriously until midseason IMO

Again, incorrect. The course taken by the coaches was the mirror image of the reality that Maas was the best of the lot. If Butler or King showed better in camp they would have started or at least made the no.2.

Again Zontar that thinking is the reflection of an organization that was not looking for a starter. Either Williams or Chang or both should have been getting significant meaningful playing time from the beginning of the season in an effort to develop a starter given the options available. Either they would find they had a starter or they would find that they did not or they would find out that one or the other warrented more time to find out. Neither prospect was given that opportunity until midseason in a mindnumbing effort to rehabilitate a self admitted injured QB The only thing it proved about King and Butler is that they were both considered less effective than Maas and Chang

You are wrong. You have the benefits of hindsight that the team didnt have in June.
MD was looking for potential starters in Butler and possibly King and Chang down the road.By virtue of camp and experience they accepted Maas was the starter.
Starting Chang or Williams earlier in the year would have amounted to absolutley nothing except more losses.They weren't starters then and they aren't now.
How can you claim they werent serious about getting a starter when they moved heaven and earth to get Printers?
You're not making any sense.

Goodbye, you obviously do not wish to engage in intelligent coversation

I'm attempting to but you are insisting on trying to base an argument on things that are not true. Signing Printers to one of the most lucrative contracts in franchise history isnt a sign they are serious in getting a starting QB?

This is also true… i can think of countless times he was wide open and missed by KJ this past season, including twice against Hamilton.

In Sask they put him in the slot, sometimes even in the backfield and did indeed run plays for him allowing him to showcase his speed and hands. Here we put him at short side wide out and he ran 2 routes, fly and 10 yard comeback.

Signing Printers did not happen until well past midseason. You don't seem to be listening to what I am saying

Duh.He wasnt available until mid-season. The team cant wave a magic wand and make starting QBs suddenly appear and sign contracts whenever they’re needed.

And prior to that the organization did nothing to find a starter until Mass was unable to continue. You still are not listening

You're like a mouse in a maze looking for a way out.
After all the competition they brought in and traded for the team thought they had their starter in Maas.
Unless MD is psychic or had a time machine it was impossible for him to know how Maas would struggle.
Then again his bargain basment rec. corps he put together should have beeen a clue.

I'm quite consistant. I don't feel that the team was looking for a starter EXACTLY because they felt they already had one in Maas. I have maintained this all along. Butler was nothing more than an effort to improve the 2 or 3 spot and Shaun Kings tryout was a joke from the outset. The reality is that the plan all along was to rehabilitate Maas and Taffe was hired for that very reason based on the success AC had in Montreal under Taffe. The fact remains that the only option available to get a starter other than to rehabilitate Maas was to develop someone else on the roster and IMO you do not develop players by giving them headsets and signalling in plays but rather you give them significant meaningful playing time. Thats a concept you may or may not agree with or not. Its logicaland consistant

BTW Desjardins would have had to been a fool not to suspect that Maas would struggle given his well documented injury problem

It’s great that you now agree with me but then why did you begin your argument saying MD failed in a “search” for a starting QB when you just posted above MD didnt need to?
You have performed a perfect 180 degree turn.

catsconvert
Post subject: Posted: Dec 29, 2007 - 06:24 AM

You might want to actually read what I wrote

The problem in Hamilton wasnot the recievers as much as the terrible QB situation. This to me wasone of the failures of Marcel, failing to accept that a search for a starting QB was one of his top priorities, certainly before evaluating the recieving corps

Putting it in bold doesnt make it any less inane.

Please explain why searching for something you dont need at the time should be a "top priority?"

I never claimed that finding a starter was not a prioity. IMO it was one of the top priorities of the 06-07 offseason. You may dispute that if you wish, but please leave the personal bias against me at the door if you wish to comment on my views and stick with the comments that I actually I write

I'm not disputing anything because I still havnt figured out what in the world you are talking about.

This is how you first based your premise; your exact words: "...one of the failures of Marcel,failing to accept that a search for a strating QB was one of his top priorities".

But you now agree a search wasnt necessary because the team felt they had a starter already.

So ,again, please, explain why MD should have searched for somethng he didnt need and making it a priority over finding receivers we all can agree he did need?

No I don't agree with that a search was not nessasary nor did I say it. I said " because they felt they already had one in Maas"

Again please restrict your comments to what was written or don't comment at all

Super. But your opinions are irrelevent in this case. We’re talking about MD and how you said he failed.

Once again for the third time…

Why should MD search for a starter he felt he had already?