An incident on the TiCats bench

Did anyone else notice what looked like an altercation in the TiCat bench area, IIRC, early in the 3rd quarter?

After Montreal drove down the field toward their early 2nd half TD, Belli appeared to be reaming out one or more DBs on the field and I'm not sure if it carried on into the dugout.

Thru the various players milling aroung the sidelines, I'm sure I saw (with binoculars from my seat in Box C on the other side of the field) a couple of players going at each other in the pit. It attracted a few team mates and even Marshall came back from his position on the sidelines to find out what was going on and calm things.

Anything mentioned/shown on the CBC broadcast or did anyone else see it???

Also, the officating was brutal again... early interference (both players going for the ball, we get called), the no-call late hit on Flick, the reversed Holmes ball touch on flimsy replay evidence ("flimsy" not enough to reverse on-field call), Maas got a helmet-to-helmet hit and no call (supposed to be a penalty), Montreal D off sides not called a few times, etc

I see you chose to leave out the calls that went in Hamilton's favor!

I did see Belli ream out Chris Martin on the field near the Ticat goal line after the latter was burned for the 200th time on a very long pass/run by Cahoon. If that lead to a dust up bewteen the two on the Ticat sideline, I wouldn't be surprised.

If I were Belli I would have done the same thing. Martin showed last night that he can't cover receivers, period. It's frustrating to other players like the D-Line because no matter how hard Belli works, they know Calvillo will find someone open if Martin is on the field.

I don't know why Martin is out there ever he stinks.

Would you care to point out which obvious penalties Hamilton committed that were not called or "went in Hamilton's favour"?

Even CBC announcers (including Mark Lee, the "Argo homer" from last week) were sympathetic to some of the questionable calls and non-calls affecting the TiCats.

stop blaming the refs and start blaming the team.

Sit close to the TC bench and I did see Marshall yelling at Justin and pull him off after a long completion. Justin yelled back and went to the dugout. One of the Assistant Coaches (?) followed him, so that might have been part and parcel of what you saw.

Belli should be careful...in my opinion he is the most overrated player on the defence

Would you care to point out which obvious penalties Hamilton committed that were not called or "went in Hamilton's favour"?
Maas running out of bounds, gets hit with both feet in bounds, we get 15 yards for a nothing play.

There you go.

That Maas running out of bounds penalty was just to even things up in my opinion because nothing went our way in the first half. The very first interference call against us was absolutely terrible.

Yes , the QB's are being protected as they should be ....

Touch one after the ball has left thier hands and the flag will fly....

Jason did seem to be in bounds ,but did the Al over do it on the hit?

That play was too far away from me to judge .

He pushed him, on the coverage Walby went nuts... he pushed him with 2 hands out of bounds while Maas was clearly in.

The discussion should never be about the refs when you get blown out at home. In a close game where abad call might mean the game sure but why complain about the refs when we were just not in the second half of the game.

The discussion should never be about the refs when you get blown out at home. In a close game where abad call might mean the game sure but why complain about the refs when we were just not in the second half of the game.

Yup, we got one then, for a change…

Interference in the end zone on the pass to Petersen. The DB was looking back for the ball and had good position.

Renard Cox got away with pass interference about 3 times. Though maybe that just means that he's really good at getting away with pass interference.

late hit on FLCIK WAS BRUUUTAL NOT CALLED! PIST

WHITH THE CFL TEAMS BEING SO TIGHTLY MATCHED A REFEREE’S BAD CALLS COULD DETERMINE WHO WINS OR LOSES THE REFEREE’S HAVE TO IMPROVE THE CALLS. SOME CALLS I DON’T AGREE WITH BUT WE TOOK TOO MANY ROUGHING THE PASSER AND KICKER PENALTIES BUT DID YOU NOTICE THAT MONTREAL KICKER EMBELISH HIS HIT AND NOT 5 MIN LATER KICK A FIELD GOAL KICKERS ARE WIMPS

While you can accept that there will be some missed or questionable calls through the course of a game, you can't overlook the really bad calls. True...penalties can and do go either way, but some of the more obvious penalties that have been mentioned here were just downright handled poorly by the officials.

I didn't think the shove or squeeze of Maas out of bounds warranted a call...but that was a close judgement call. The call on Justin for interference when the ball was overthrown to the point that only he could jump to barely get a hand on it was down right pathetic.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Maas should have rifled a "pass" right to the gonad regions of the head ref. Set the tone!

I’d love to see the replay of the ball touching Holmes foot… :? :? :thdn: