An avid fan's thoughts on the game

1. Thiongs seemed way too much like last year ...lack of discipline , poor opffensive game plan , defence not gurding tight enough , offence not going beyond 10 yarsds and of course Marshall screaming.

2. The defence needed major changes from last year that I do not see . There is not one DB that I consider a good cover man and auggie did nothing as usual today . We need brooks in the middle . Get rid of devonte petterson and use another linebacker like Brooks . I still am shocked how they brought in so much talent and then kept most of the same team as last year . keamu patterson may be great in practice but he has done zero in games . cavil and guardner should be in there over him and yeast ..( how long do we give yeast ..i mean he has no discipline and no heart or gutts ...we have seen it time and time again ) ...
    I also think hanmilton's linebackers are way to small and when williams is truly in game shape he is going to be knocking them all into tomorrow coming out of the backfield . We needed someone like a brooks keying on him like o'shea started to do with holmes .

I think this defensive is just too inexperienced . Bring in a sutherin or someone like that . how does players like yeast , martin, peterson continue to get away with such lack of discipline..none of them are good enough to justify keeping

holmes, vaughn , maas all looked good but nobody else really ...the tackles on the o-line looked slwo and out of shape and the entire d-line did nothing .

by the way who is love with auggie ? marshall or reed ? please get him out of there asap he is such a non player ..he comes in late on everyplay ...he is a good canadian but not a starting cfl middle linebacker ..c'mon please ...

i also think mariuz might be too small for linebacker getting easily blocked by recievers ....what is that ? if that was Ben zambiasi then that reciver would be on the reserve list right about now !!!! C'mom Ray !!!! AGreed ?

So what to do ?

bring in some more db's like barbers to get these guys going , start brooks in the middle moving auggie to the bench , move peterson out of there and put in dunbrack or hitchcock at LB to handle the import move with brooks , bring in gordon at safety to keep their heads up , use ralf instead of peterson but at slotback, move cavil to wide reciever putting yeast to the bench ...
get rid of kavis reed if the defence does not change fast ...

I agree with you about bringing in gordon at safety to keep the recievers heads up and to give them something to think about when theyre catching the ball. Got a chance to talk to Gordon after the game and what a classy guy. Only great things to say about shaw and the whole team, really positive about the season and the team. Dave Dickenson was quoted as saying that the reason B.C tore apart the rdiers was cuz they were missing Gordon...let the guy start!!!... didnt get to hear him comment on that cuz he had a really hot girlfriend waiting or him...

I don't think we need to make drastic changes, but some adjustments are needed, particularly on defense. I believe last years defense gave up the most points in the CFL so what do we do, improve the offense so the defense is not on the field as much. We won the time of posession yesterday, the defense looked more or less the same.

Things I don't like: Shaw at safety, Auggie at MLB, the same DBs as last year, no deception on blitz packages, little pressure on the QB.

We a few personnel adjustments and some changes on defensive calls. I swear Montreal shows blitz on every play, and then has several ways to bring it, or they will back off. We need to do more of this, not blitz when the safety or linebackers are lined up close to the line of scrimmage. It's too easy to pick up.