an 8 -9 record in 2011 context

O.K. - so call me “Doom & Gloom” - I won’t lose any sleep on that one.
First - I don’t count those 3 games as ‘winning 3 in a row’. That was when BOTH B.C. & Sask sucked so bad, my grandmother could have beaten those 2 Teams ( and she’s been dead for 15 years ).
Maybe it’s because I have been watching the Ticats for 30+ years now, and know a bit or two about what it means to go into the Playoffs on a run. I would have felt better if we would have won B.C, Sask, & Toronto straight-up, and gone into the playoffs on a high-note. But losing to Sask kills that, and any hope for momentum coming into the playoffs.
But like this, it is still a case of: ‘who will start at QB’ , which makes me uneasy at best.
If you are cool with that, keep watching.
But for me - I’m done with this team for this year. I’ll only stay on only to provide all with my doom & gloom, and wait for the heads to roll.

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

I've been watching the Ticats for over 30 years as well. Which tells me that it's not impossible for us to win in the playoffs even as a .500 or under .500 team. Would I like to go in on a winning note? Of course I would. Who wouldn't? I am just not ready to give up on my team yet. It's convenient to discount the wins that came against bad teams, but they were wins.

You are Dreaming in Techno colour if you think there going to the grey Cup
Yet alone winning it …
only 1 Team from East has done that from a 3 place finish and that was in the 1970’s
Odds are not good. In Fact I am playing Proline and I will betting for any Team Playing Hamilton will Win

I am Betting Toronto Wins On Thursday & Here is why The Cats are only Practicing one day this week
There still use Porter and Glen system

[b]From the Scratching Post

• the Ticats aren’t practicing tomorrow, meaning they’ll have exactly one day of preparation before facing the Argos on a Thursday.[/b]

This Team is Mess
IMO Major Changes need to be Made
Starting with the GM Head Coach and Maybe Team President Must be let go
Bring in Someone who Won a Grey cup as GM
We got some good players here but the staff is a Huge question mark.

Obie has never Won as a GM
In Fact if you look that why Fired in Toronto.
Coach Marcel is nice guy but dose not inspire his players.

I am glad Only Attending a few games next year as Casual ticket holder
No more season ticket till Make those changes.

Eagle I am glad I am not only who get it

Every Year we get a shiny New Bucket for the same Poop of a Football Team.
Do what Lions did

Rebuild your Football Ops Staff
Get a Good Coach GM and Scouting Staff.
You’ll start to win

You’ve repeated that stat… what… a dozen times now?
And guess how much bearing that has on a football game being played in Novemer 2011? Zero.
And anyone who bets on a Ticat game this year, either for or against… needs to re-think what they’re betting on.

Nor is betting on Montreal or Winnipeg a sure thing either. They’ve each lost 7 games so far, maybe 8 after next week as they both play on the road against first place teams.

And consider that they both lost very meaningful games at home this week as they battled for first place. And Winnipeg was beaten at home by the Argos of all teams.

Last 9 games:

Winnipeg 3-6
Montreal 5-4
Hamilton 4-5

I repeat: Winnipeg and Montreal are very beatable.

Yeah, I guess I could have included the entire CFL there.
That’s why I only bet on the NFL and NCAA.
Not that I do much better at that.

Becasue we HAVE and SHOULD HAVE!!

Nuff said!

Well let's look at what all the "doom and gloom naysayers" are saying... they are fans of the Hamilton Tiger Cats...well are they?

Suppose they lose in Toronto...does that change anything?...No...they are still in the playoffs.

Suppose they lose in the semi-final...well does that make you feel better?...No, but if they win..does THAT make you feel any better?

Suppose they win or lose in the Eastern final...does that make you feel any better?

Suppose they do go to the GC...does that make you feel any better?

Win or lose a fan of the team should be a fan of the game. Support your team...enjoy the game and enjoy the wins when they come! If the team goes any further than the Eastern semi...to me that is an improvement and I've enjoyed cheering for my team for many years. Whatever happens this fall, I'll be back and cheering for my team and Our Great GAME.

Regardless of who is in the Grey Cup, I'll be watching and enjoying it! Perhaps some of you should enjoy the game for what it is and forget about solely looking at Hamilton's win/loss record. the game is what it's all about and Hamilton wins are just "icing on the cake". :wink:

Well, 8-9 in a 2011 context should be the same as 8-9 in a 3011 context. Not good enough IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

P.S. The team can do its utmost to rectify this and give us a playoff run to remember. That means getting to the dance in Vancouver where anything can happen.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Disagree, and that is the whole point of the thread. 8-9 in the context of this weird and whacky 2011 CFL season where 5 teams are tied at 10-7 shows every team, at some points, struggle and can be beaten quite easily. Even in important games. B Being only 2 wins behind them makes a Grey Cup much more possible than it usually should be at 8-9.

The Tiger-cats have crushed B.C., Montreal, and Calgary and could have very easily beaten Winnipeg this year. They’ve beaten Edmonton too.

Can anyone name a sure fire favourite or two to win the Grey Cup?

CaptainKirk wrote:

"They've beaten Edmonton too."

You don't mean Hamilton has beaten Edmonton this season??? If so, when???

July 9 2011 Edmonton 28 Hamilton 10

Sept 16 2011 Edmonton 38 Hamilton 23

Oops! :oops:

That was last year.

Hey, here's another perspective:

If five of the other playoff teams are tied for first in the league, doesn't that give us second place???? :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: