Americans need to watch a Grey Cup...

An article by an ESPN columnist who is bitching about the Super Bowl being in Indianapolis in 2012 because of the cold weather…

Indianapolis? You mean, the Indianapolis in Indiana? The place where the low was 26 degrees with a trace of snow on Super Bowl Sunday this year?

I don’t get it. Playing in a Super Bowl is supposed to be a reward, not a reason to visit your local North Face outlet. And attending a Super Bowl as a fan is supposed to be the experience of a lifetime, a chance to break out multiple bottles of SPF 30.

The only things you’ll break out in Indy are space heaters.

Didn’t the NFL learn its lesson in 1982, when the Super Bowl was played in Pontiac, Mich. – otherwise known as “Ice Station Zebra”? Or in 1992, when the game was played in Minneapolis? Or in 2006, when the only person happy to go to Detroit for Super Bowl XL was Jerome Bettis, who was born and raised there?

Full Story

I sent him this e-mail…

Dear Gene,

I just finished reading your latest article on ESPN, and I hope you were being sarcastic. Your biggest complaint about the Super Bowl being held in Indianapolis is the cold weather? Some times I have to wonder if Americans even know what real football is. Try watching a Grey Cup in November in Winnipeg.

Not to mention the game will be held in the new Lucas Oil Stadium, a stadium with a retractable roof. If you whine enough, I’m sure they’ll close it for you come game time.

Chief

Chief, he is probably from Vancouver. :lol: You know, Where Vancouverites ask :

" Is snow that fluffy white stuff that falls from the sky?"

At least up here it snows a couple times a year to remind us. Last year We got all the way to a whooping 25 inches! :lol: :lol:

Why would he worry about the cold weather anyway? Indianapolis has a domed stadium, so the weather will not be a factor in the game. Personally, I would like to see Lambeau host a SB game- now we would see just how good some of those NFL wusses are, playing in Wisconsin in the first week of February.

I wonder if this reporter thinks that all playoff games in the NFL which are in January should be played in southern climates, oh, just to keep the fans attending happy.

Hey buddy, this is football, if you don't "get it", then go watch baseball or indoor arena sports solely and forget football. What a ******.

He added this little update. Apparently he forgets it’s not about the pre-Super Bowl week. It’s about the game! In fact, I hate the 2 week layoff, and I wish they’d get rid of it!

OK, so I struck a tiny Indianapolis/cold-weather city nerve. But is it so bad to want to go to a Super Bowl -- the sporting world's premiere event (World Cup fans are foaming at the jowls as they read those words) -- and actually enjoy the surroundings? If you're a fan, the highlight of the pre-Super Bowl week shouldn't be that there's covered pedestrian walkways to protect you from the cold.

Yes, I prefer a Super Bowl site with sun, pools, beaches, French Quarters, desert, warmth, golf, T-shirts, and outdoor bars to mittens, down coats, salted roads, daily wind-chill readings, walkways, and ice scrapers.

Did they call the Army? Like Toronto did :wink:

No Ryooon, no army up here, just my trusty Snow Blower!

Dear Gene,

I just finished reading your latest article on ESPN, and I hope you were being sarcastic. Your biggest complaint about the Super Bowl being held in Indianapolis is the cold weather? Some times I have to wonder if Americans even know what real football is. Try watching a Grey Cup in November in Winnipeg.

Not to mention the game will be held in the new Lucas Oil Stadium, a stadium with a retractable roof. If you whine enough, I’m sure they’ll close it for you come game time.

Chief

[/quote]
Do you think this guy gives a crap about Canada… Why would he… Our entire population is that same as California’s… We really are nothing. Canadians get all offended that Americans don’t know the name of our Prime Minister… Yet most Canadians don’t know who the leader of China is… and they comprise of 1/6 of the world’s population
I love Canada but it makes me ashamed to be Canadian everytime I see somone pining for the USA’s attention… PLEASE ACKNOLEDGE US… Like that crap with Chris Berman… People were falling all over him because he gave us what every Canadian needs, and that’s to be reconized by Americans and told that we are good.
It reminds me of the pathetic girl in High school who is always slitting her wrists because Johnny the Quarterback on the High school football team screwed her a couple of times when he was drunk… but now doesn’t give her the time of day.
Several years ago now ,that Molson’s Joe Canadian rant came out… people seen that as a patriotic commercial… to me, that whole comercial, Joe was saying… “I’m an American but…, I an American but…, I’m an American but…”
Canada and Canadians would be seen in even greater disripute if the average American was aware how we fawned over their ecceptance… Canadians as a whole must stop doing this before we ever actually gain our own national identity… other than “We are Americans but…”

Chief ask yourself …Why you seen the need to post that e-mail to that writter… Chances are you felt pretty smug when you wrote it …but deep down part of you was just hoping he would reply to you…or even better yet… publishing your letter… Then you as a Canadian would feel validated… and all warm inside… because an American acknoledged your exsistance…
Don’t feel bad… most Canadians have the same desease…

...take a valium, bud...

Do you think this guy gives a crap about Canada… Why would he… Our entire population is that same as California’s… We really are nothing. Canadians get all offended that Americans don’t know the name of our Prime Minister… Yet most Canadians don’t know who the leader of China is… and they comprise of 1/6 of the world’s population
I love Canada but it makes me ashamed to be Canadian everytime I see somone pining for the USA’s attention… PLEASE ACKNOLEDGE US… Like that crap with Chris Berman… People were falling all over him because he gave us what every Canadian needs, and that’s to be reconized by Americans and told that we are good.
It reminds me of the pathetic girl in High school who is always slitting her wrists because Johnny the Quarterback on the High school football team screwed her a couple of times when he was drunk… but now doesn’t give her the time of day.
Several years ago now ,that Molson’s Joe Canadian rant came out… people seen that as a patriotic commercial… to me, that whole comercial, Joe was saying… “I’m an American but…, I an American but…, I’m an American but…”
Canada and Canadians would be seen in even greater disripute if the average American was aware how we fawned over their ecceptance… Canadians as a whole must stop doing this before we ever actually gain our own national identity… other than “We are Americans but…”

Chief ask yourself …Why you seen the need to post that e-mail to that writter… Chances are you felt pretty smug when you wrote it …but deep down part of you was just hoping he would reply to you…or even better yet… publishing your letter… Then you as a Canadian would feel validated… and all warm inside… because an American acknoledged your exsistance…
Don’t feel bad… most Canadians have the same desease…
[/quote]
Most of the world suffers from that, they are the big boy on the block. We are not exclusive in that area.

I agree with FYB, you've completely missed the boat today, Blin. I couldn't have cared less if he responded or posted my letter (why the hell would he post my letter? :?). Like jm02 said, take a friggin Valium, man. :expressionless:

I didn't care for his line in his reply stating the Stuper Bore was...."the sporting world's premiere event" That is a shining example of yet another ignorant u.s. journalist.

Why does the worlds premiere sporting event make me fall asleep every time I watch it, and then try to make it less boring by adding flashy graphics and publicity stunts?

Literally i'm 24 and every year i watch the super bowl i fall asleep by the end of the 1st quarter, absolutely boring like Major League Baseball.

Worlds premiere sporting event, try Americas. I went to grey cup 2000 in Calgary, Guess Who performed, i was 16 and a big classic rock fan, better than any Super Bowl by far. "American woman, stay away from me, don't come hanging around my door no more, don't wanna see your shadow no more..."