American Expansion

Agree, ro...didn't like losing the Grey Cup to them..
But it was sure nice when we beat them..
Also didn't like them not using the import rule either...

How proud were we when we beat the Americans in baseball in the world classic. How 'bout when our high schoolers beat the American high schoolers in football this year

Is not American expansion our best chance at making this league stronger. More cities, means more fans. Plus... Sacromento and Shrieveport had more fans in 1994 than Ottawa and Hamilton that year

It is not our best chance.

so what is?

this might sound dumb but when the stallions were in baltimore they had good attendance then the big NFL came and brang the ravens.. my theory is that they chased of the stallions so the cfl can suffer

face it the nfl hates us
thats why we lost the stallions!

The NFL doesn't hate us, if they did they wouldn't have given us a loan so the league could stay alive in the 90's.

Staying in Canada.

no again, keep the league Canadian and IN Canada.

This is the CANADIAN Football league, not the Continental Football League

I beleive the only reason the Baltimore fans supported the CFL was to show the Brass at the NFL they could support an NFL Franchise. If the CFL tried to go back there, they would get killed attendance wise.

The US Labour laws wouldn’t allow the Import/ Non Import ratio. After 3 or 4 years the American Teams would probably not allow the Canadian Teams to compete.

Sorry Gremlin…I’m not a supporter of US Expansion.

It doesn't matter, they won't want the CFL in the US because they don't need it. Maybe a small town in like North Dakato along the border that doesn't have anything may support it.

I still doubt it that all 32,000 people who went to Stallions games did so for the sake of showing the NFL that they wanted a team again. I find it hard to imagine that before going to a game, Joe Schmoe would be thinking “by attending this game, me and 32,000 other people will be showing the NFL we want a team” instead of “hey, for the first time in years there’s high-level pro football in Baltimore, and I like football, so I’m going to go watch it.”

I’m sure most people who went to Stallions games did so because they wanted to watch the Stallions play - not because of some ulterior motive to bring the NFL back.

Nature abhors a vacuum. When an NFL city loses its NFL team, suddenly there is all kinds of untapped demand. The CFL puts a team there, and people flock to it. Unfortunately, there are no other places where this would be the case – except LA, which is too far from the border and too close to Oakland, San Francisco, and San Diego – so no other cities would see the kind of success that Baltimore did.

The NFL didn’t relocate to Baltimore because “they hate us”. They did so because they know Baltimore has wanted a team since losing the Colts. Forcing the Stallions out was a bit of a bonus to them, because it re-established the separation between the leagues along the border which we never should have crossed.

We should consider ourselves lucky that the NFL didn’t look at our invasion as an act of war. If they counter-attacked, by putting a team in Toronto, they could have killed our league.