Am I To Understand........

Am I to understand that the Hall of Fame Game will be blacked out in this area?

YES another great plan to lose fans of the cfl?????????

Hamilton doesn't deserve this game or the HOf to be in its city.

It should be in Regina.

where did you hear that?

Thank you Biggie for the confirmation. I was afraid of this.
I AM ASHAMED FOR FOOTBALL FANS OF THE HAMILTON TORONTO AREA THAT FOR THIS GAME IN THIS PART OF ONTARIO THAT THE TIGER CAT MANAGEMENT FEEL THAT BLACKING OUT A GAME THAT IS CELEBRATING ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE CFL IS APPALING.

Of all the games MANAGEMENT chooses to Black out they choose the one game that as far as I am concerned not a game Tiger Cat Management should have the option of blacking out.  

This is a Celebration of players achievements that far out way any amount of revenue that may be generated at this game to go into the coffers of Tiger Cat Management. I think the CFL should step in and remove the blackout so fans in this part of Ontario get to be a part of the Celebration of these players which have contributed their talents for the CFL.
Heck one of them is a Hamilton Boy ( John Bonk ).
THIS IS JUST ONE MORE BONE HEAD MOVE TIGER CAT MANAGEMENT HAS DONE TO AILINATE FANS IN THIS PART OF ONTARIO. WHAT AN EMBARASSMENT.

This is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen, and the dramatics add a nice touch too.
It's blackout night at the stadium...ya know...wear black?
CHML is running an add that ends with "local stadium blackout in effect" and make no mention of a TV blackout, it's a play on words.
Last time the team gave a month (or so) notice of blackouts and were pretty clear they were only blacking out two games. If I'm wrong I'll agree that the HOF game is the wrong one to do it too, but I don't think I am.

lol wow....canucklehead is right...its blackout night as in WEAR BLACK CLOTHING....remember we had it last year against winnipeg?

Geesh people

When you go to the home page for ticats.ca there is a pop up at the bottom of the screen detailing Friday nights game re. Blackout Night. Right in the middle of the pop up is the statement "Local television blackout in effect"

Well if I read right, and this on the home page of the Ticats site. It says right underneath the centre of the panel "Local Television Black out in effect" check it out for your self

Seen it and like I said if that's the case I agree with everything you've said.
One line at the bottom of a pop-up is not giving fans notice and in no way will help increase attendance.
Agree, bad move and yes...embarassing.

It's so insane even after reading it I'm having a hard time believing it.

I saw the notice last week when the pop-up was first added.

If I recall correctly management said that they were blacking out 1 game in July and 1 game in September. Well the 1st two games this month weren't blacked out, so I guess you could say that we were warned.

Oh well.

I'm working sat in hamilton so I will go to the game and stay over night but that will not let me take my son to the game .And now he can't see it at home. NICE MOVE TI-CATS he is the fan of your future.

Not this again.

Just one more game people.

No big deal.

Two games being blacked out will not lose fans.

The Blackout should only Effect Non HD Viewers.
If have TSN HD you should get the Game.
Also it may on TSN-II for non HD Views.
Just keep an Eye out.

Yup your right, we were warned.
I thought the second one was supposed to be in August and even found an article stating that but such is life. I'll be at the game so don't care as much as it may seem but still....the HOF game, while were supposedly still in a playoff hunt just isn't the right choice.
This is a very winnable game and one you'd want desperately for locals that have lost interst to see. I agreed with the early one but when the team is struggling the small increase in fans it might bring isn't worth the trade-off. Too many fans have already packed it in for the year and a televised win may have got them back but out of sight,out of mind is absolutely going to apply in this case.

I thought the second one was supposed to be in August and even found an article stating that but such is life
According to this article regarding the 1st blackout, the second blackout was supposed to occur in September....but no use arguing http://www.thespec.com/article/407986

When very few people want your product bad enough to come to it, you take the product to them.

Here's a piece of the one I was refering to but alas it's only Kenny saying it.
Your link wins. :slight_smile:

No more free tickets.
No more nine free Ticat home contests on television.
Hamilton president Scott Mitchell advised me Monday that the Cats will likely black out two televised home contests this season.
The black-outs would be the club's first in five seasons.
Mitchell said the club hasn't made a final decision but is certainly leaning towards it. The club hasn't decided which two games would be blacked out but it would likely be one in July (probably July 12 Saskatchewan) and one in August.

Cheers
Wear White

Here's a piece of the one I was refering to but alas it's only Kenny saying it. Your link wins. Smile
Mine was reported by Kenny as well, so we could have both been wrong :D

Lets sell out the stadium so there will be no blackout...except for the clothes thing

Define 'local' blackout please in today's cable/satellite world. For instance is TSN2 local to anyone?

The ExpressVu receiver at the cottage north of Belleville is a second receiver on the Guelph account. The July 25 blackout lasted until 10:00PM in Belleville. Only on the dot of 10 could I tune in to see the end of a heart breaking Edmonton game. Thanks goodness CHML was streamed on the internet as well.

Defining 'local' to the satellite dish is an art in itself.

Last time Stkitsfan posted "Thanks for the blackout". Did that baby that was due "any day" in July make his or her arrival on time?

On Friday I will be wearing black and cheering with 11 friends in Box J. Now that's local...

Oskee wee wee