Am I the only one who likes the new Website/Forums?

I'll admit I had reservations about the new site when I first saw it on Saturday because of things such as the font size in the forums.

But the web team has been working hard all weekend fixing and improving things. Meantime I've had a chance to look at all the new features and their potential for the future. Things such as video:

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=page&id=4020

and integrated stats:

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=page&id=82

(ok, so we haven't played any games yet)

I've come around to being a big fan. Anyone else?

To fix a car you'd first have to drive it and with this site how could the designers know what to fix/change/alter unless they up-loaded it?
A few changes here and there, a game thread or two and all will be right.

It could be a whole lot worse, we could be trying to voice our concerns to the two guys down the QEW.

It is growing on me. Hopefully they fix up a few other things to make it a little more personal (and able to be personalized).

Functionally, as I've noted in another thread, the site operates much better than the old one (on my system, at least), and that's great. Aesthetically, the home page is very dynamic and incorporates more imagery; also good. Also, very impressed with how rapidly the adjustments have been made following the posters' comments. Kudos.

My one beef is that the charm of the old site was the tendency of posters to reference older threads; it had really developed a history and culture of its own. If those are restored in an archive as CM has suggested, all to the good.

Just an aside, but the old site also had a sense of place (at least for me)-Hamilton!- which I don't feel here yet. Maybe it's because posters' place lines don't appear at present.

Knew there was something else missing and that's it! The location names really did add something to the site. It helped envision (of course, the picture wasn't accurate) the person typing on the other end.

Bob see my post here

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5767&start=45]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... 7&start=45[/url]

I voted Nope, the old one was better.

NOPE
NOT UNTIL I HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAILS FROM THE PAST SITE, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE BEEN WARNED THERE WAS GOING TO BE A COMPLETE CHANGE AND WIPING CLEAN OF THE OLD.

The feel and character of the old site has beed lost. This new site has a very gerneric and sterile feel to it.

It's great to see the improvements already made, such as the font size (these old eyes don't see as well as they used to). Hopefully within a week or two some of the other items that need work, avatars, signatures, etc., will be addressed.

Mike.

BTW: bob, I've noticed two distinct names for you on the new site. How come?

Nope. It’s like walking into a WalMart…any WalMart.

Having just read other threads I see there are imposters afoot!

Mike.

Working for a software company, I've gotten used to the fact that most human beings are genetically predisposed to hating the new version, but it passes with time.

This forum has few neat features, pretty much the same cast of characters, and it will develop it's own history soon enough. And if you really really want to travel back into the past, you just need to read the Bye Bye Boreham post beginning to end - it's pretty much an executive summary/Cole's Notes (do they still have them?) version of the 2005 season at ticat.ca.

Just a joke, fellows :wink:

The new-look site is 1000 times better.

Why?

• it is easier to find things
  • it is a lot easier to navigate (I can't count the number of times I swore at the old site because my mouse slid off a menu and the menu disappeared)
  • it has a much cleaner look
  • the History page has some meat to it
  • the roster page ... is just ... better
  • news page is by date rather than by topic -- much better
  • the promise of accurate, up-to-date stats. Awesome
  • video footage, sounds good, sign me up.
  • is it just me, or does the beer seem colder?
  • I really think this will add some life to the cfl.ca forums.

Great work guys. The old site had its charm, but it was really starting to show its age.

Thanks for this post. This is a pretty good list of what we are trying to do with the new site. While there are features of the old site that even I miss, you can't make omelets without breaking some eggs. :wink:

The new-look site is 1000 times better. Why? - it is easier to find things - it is a lot easier to navigate (I can't count the number of times I swore at the old site because my mouse slid off a menu and the menu disappeared) - it has a much cleaner look - the History page has some meat to it - the roster page ... is just ... better - news page is by date rather than by topic -- much better - the promise of accurate, up-to-date stats. Awesome - video footage, sounds good, sign me up. - is it just me, or does the beer seem colder? - I really think this will add some life to the cfl.ca forums.

Great work guys. The old site had its charm, but it was really starting to show its age.

its getting better, but its got a LONG way to go....

the use of avitars would be nice again. and the old PM's if there is anyway to dig those up it'd be much appreciated.

At first I absolutly hated the new site.
But like all new things it takes time to work out the kinks. The tech staff aroun here have done an amazing job (and over a logn weekend too) to make a lot of changes.
Alreayd i am really liking this site and once the last few kinks are ironed out, this will be a great palce to hang out.

Well - I am glad to still be 'here'.

The caretaker updates need at least one update to link to! How about an update that highlights the state of the (ticats') nation?

I think it's great. Avatars would be nice, though not necessary. I'd love to see a browser patch put together that customizes Firefox to work with the forums like some of the other sites I'm a member of. The software could highlight posts which you have already viewed in a different colour in the thread and enable a link to jump to the last place you were in a thread to make for easier browsing. It would be up to the individual users to decide whether or not to install the patch, but I think it would be a great idea.

This is great being able to jockey between CFL.ca and TiCats with a breeze, super stuff!

This site has grown on me. Unfortunately, ringworm would, too. I can understand the notion of change, but it's taken a home, and replaced it with a hotel room. You can order eggs benedict, and they'll be made perfectly, but it's sterile.

I can't make eggs benedict, but I'm comfortable in my own home, with eggs made like my brain.