Am I the only one not impressed so far with Mr.Desjardins?!

OKay well first off I'm currently a season ticket holder for the past 10 yrs, it's not much compared to some but i'm only 20 so it's alrite, anyways look I havent been impressed with Desjardins one bit except for hiring Taffee. We have released our entire front line of peterson Belli Cotton cheatwood, and recievers Peterson Vaughn, and soon 2 b Morreale Justin etc, and quite frankly I dont see any reason why I should renew my season tickets. First off if ur going 2 release these recievers I think Maas should be the first one gone, Peterson was our best Canadian reciever, Ralph did nothing and he's still on the team?! MOrrealle is th eonly one that can catch the ball up the middle and hes apparently gone to, Vaughn who juz didnt get the proper play calling is let go when he still has one of the best hands in the league?! Comon this is ridiculous, can sum1 plz explain to me wtf is going on, and if any of u r as dissappointed as I am up to this point of the offseason, thanks adam

Maybe, you should wait until we've, you know, played some games? Right now, I support the team 100% with their personnel moves. But, if we start the season 0-6, I'll be the first one to jump all over these moves, and call for peoples heads. Have patience, and if we still suck this season, then you can complain.

While I embraced his initial moves I have become more and more concerned as the weeks have progressed.
Time will tell I guess. I'm still not sure if I'm renewing my seasons or not though.

:cowboy:

Well, so far I haven't been released......yet....

but then again I write a newspaper column and have a contract with Torstar as a "free-lancer".......I'll hang his ASS!

hahahahaha......
http://www.canadaka.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/rotflmao.gif

I love the off-season cause the flame-wars are always great entertainment!

Sidebar----- holy crap!...we were golfing last week!.....I liked the "global warming" thingy ...what happened!

I have to admit...I'm getting a little concerned over the number of players we've let go. The thing is...some were let go due to the salary cap. Well...who the hell is left that's making so much money that we need to keep clearing room. It seems the Cats have let so many players go that we should have about a million or two leeway on the $4 million cap. ???

guys, listen, the team sucked. Things needed to be changed. Now change is happening and people are complaining. Give me a break!

You are correct sir!

Also it should be noted that most of the players that ae being let go are highly paid CFLers and frankly they didn't earn that money.

Marcel is freeing up his budget. This is a work in progress in the early stages. Let's wait and see.

As much as i agree that this thing had to be blown up... everyone talked about how this team lacked leadership but had a fair bit of talent in a very weak Eastern division.

My only question is...

With a healthy QB and proper coaching staff in place wouldnt this team be MUCH better than 4 wins?

We don't know what the team salary was in 2006. The current dumping suggests to me that the team was way over $4 million last year. And, given the free agents we signed in a competitive market, maybe that shouldn't be a surprise.

On the other hand, the SMS line from Desjardins could simply be a polite way of saying a player isn't worth the money he's paid.

News Flash.....its January everyone relax please.

Cheatwood...left the season with a knee injury if hes not ready you cant have him on the cap and add another player as hes getting better.

Cotton....one sack maybe???

Morreale and Hitch...old...usefully? maybe. There is still a good chance theyll be back.

Peterson...or incompleterson.

Belli is no good...Hosley, Wanye and Collier had much better years compared to Belli, Cotton and Cheatwood.

Vaughn is 35 yrs old...seems to have a bit of a bad attitude and is easily replaced.

Need I remind you that his group of players brought you a 4-14 season and were about as uncompetitive a team as I've ever seen in the CFL. Why worry about keeping these guys who proved they can't win?

An Argo fan

News Flash.....its January everyone relax please.

Cheatwood…left the season with a knee injury if hes not ready you cant have him on the cap and add another player as hes getting better.

Cotton…one sack maybe???

Morreale and Hitch…old…usefully? maybe. There is still a good chance theyll be back.

Peterson…or incompleterson.

Belli is no good…Hosley, Wanye and Collier had much better years compared to Belli, Cotton and Cheatwood.

Vaughn is 35 yrs old…seems to have a bit of a bad attitude and is easily replaced.

Also, we didnt release Belli this off season, he was gone on August 29th, so we went the last 2 months of the season without him

People....we have won 18 games in three years!!!!!

We haven't been a real threat since the last millenium!

Almost everything has to be changed

Impressed with our New GM NO!!!
I am Not Cheatwood Just Sign With Montreal.
He Come back and Bite us in the you know where.

How Many other vet are going to get Cut?
Before are Wounderfull new GM Understands.
That things Done In Montreal can not be done in Hamilton .

Boy I think we bought a Lemmon..

:lol:

I have frying pans with better hands then Peterson.

As mentioned several times, they won four games last year, its January, Desjardins has very impressive credentials...patience.

Popp referring to Cheatwood...

"He is coming off an ACL injury, but we feel he’ll be ready if not at the start of the year, close to it. It’s a ‘chance and risk’ signing, but it’s worth it to us,? Popp said.
Maybe thats a chance Montreal can take but not us...we need to bring in players that are will to compete and play for this team all year.

The new GM has to identify his core for the now, and the future. I support him 100% so far!!

We are solid in some spots, and need help in others.
In a true salary cap world you need to have a plan and stick to it.
Don’t pay high salaries to guys for what they have done, pay it for what they are doing.

We have a core of good O-Lineman and O-Line prospects.
A couple of good Canadian D-Line guys, plus Collier.
Our defensive backfield has a lot of good young players.
Our running game should be top of the league.
I love a couple of the new linebackers prospects. I think Zeke Moreno will be our best middle linebacker since Calvin Tiggle.

We need players to compete for jobs at QB, receiver, D-Line.

If no players are released from last year there will be nowhere for the new guys to play, and we all no how bad last year was!

Blackandgld I pretty much agree with you 100%. I think regardless of the signings and cuts the coaching itself will be the 'most improved' portion of this team and alone will contribute to more wins this year.

D-line I'm not to worried about. Linebacker is a question right now but I agree that Zeke or someone could step up. Lastly, receiver is a big one for me but there are alot of football players out there.

Why does Marcel think it's his right
to blow apart the team anyway?

How much input can Charlie Taaffe have had?

He hasn't had time to assess film on our players,
he was out scouting at bowl games until a week ago!

P.S.

Can somebody explain to me why

Marcel has been heralded by many fans
for his blunt tough-talking manner
ever since he came here

whereas, Ron Lancaster was scorned
for speaking in the same manner?

Why does Marcel think it's his right to blow apart the team anyway
Because he is the General Manager of the football team, and has full responsibility for the football operations? Just a guess..