Als win 110th Grey Cup rematch over Bombers

I knew I was forgetting someone. Yes, Bailey and Walker for sure. Lots of change in WPG.

2 Likes

What the he :ice_hockey::ice_hockey:, we already sellout most games in Winnipeg, the least we can do is help sell tickets in other cities.

3 Likes

Tbf I think people underrate who good that 2019 bombers team was.

Before Nichols got hurt they were easily the best team in the league it was when Nichols got hurt and they were forced to play a qb who couldn’t throw further than 5 yards that they started to struggle thé minute theh got a qb who could throw they dominated in the playoffs except against the riders but every semi finals game that has included the bombers since 2019 has been just bad offensive football.

2 Likes

Ok so unfortunately didn’t get to see the game but from the outside looking in it seemed it was a pretty convincing win by the new kings of the cfl in als is my assumption correct or not.

2 Likes

It was a convincing win by the Als, but far from perfect. Montreal had its own issues with sloppiness on offence and the run game was moribund. But yes, a statement win for the Alouettes IMO.

2 Likes

I think BC will be putting the most fans in the seats this year, Cup - whether the Riders or Winnipeg come to town or not. :grinning: Which is all good.

On another note, early news is that Lawler is going to the 6 game with a fractured arm. Sorry to hear that, honestly.

2 Likes

Most sports writers are claiming the Lions will be locked and loaded for Horses, Elk, Goghers and Bi-planes.
But those same writers last year said the Current Cup Champions were gonna dead last or second to last.
Time will tell.

3 Likes

Change had to come - as it does with any club. Now, with Lawler on the 6 game with a fractured arm, we’ll see how the Bombers handle adversity. Interesting times in Winnipeg.

1 Like

Lawler is big loss to add to the pile.

1 Like

Ya, gonna have to lean on the run for the next while. Hopefully Brady O has a good week of practice.

BC has done great over the past couple years, but inflated a bit for the concert. I don’t see them having the average of WPG & Sask by years end.

2 Likes

Simply put, if places like Vancouver & Edmonton renew their fan base Winnipeg and Regina can’t compete, with standing room and some temporary seating we’ll never get above 34k. accept for a LDC/BB or a GC

1 Like

Can’t see that happening any time soon, but if it did that would be great for the league. Out West we can add Calgary to the equation. They had less than 20,000 seats sold for their home opener last night.

1 Like

20 thousand and most of the season ticket holders looked like no shows. Stands looked empty. The Stamps always have a good team. why is nobody ever there

1 Like

In my opinion the best player in the league. I never understood why he wasn’t playing Sunday football. [Alouettes fan here]

1 Like

I am sure they got the lead on a good temp either on the practice roster or hidden away somewhere. Even 75% of what Lawler was will suffice