ALS will be back-

Was not that long ago AC was teaming up with #86 who was under 6ft.
And a few years back, AC had #4 Haskins as an option who was also under 6ft.

Yep…and according to Cahoon
(and despite a chorus of protests around here)
Ben was open a lot more than his stats would suggest last year
Calvillo just had different priorities

So nice to throw the ball less than accurately and have big JRich sky for the catch…then run for all those record breaking YAK yards.
You’re right…it’s the unmistakable sign of Calvillo’s decline
That he needs to rely on big old boys
As he continues to miss wide open receivers all over the field.

I don’t know what the Hawk was thinking

Imagine if Calvillo was not in a decline/un peu fatigué and was not overthrowing open receivers.

He is presently the best QB in the CFL,1st in yards gained,i.e. 2,679,1st in TD's thrown,i.e. 17 the least interceptions thrown-only 1.2% of passes thrown-best QB rating at 101.7.

Calvillo will be our QB for the rest of season and,most probably,for the 2012 season. Without him we would probably have less wins than losses.

In order to have a positive record,in the last half of the 2011 season,we have to improve/play better defensively. In the first 9 games,we rank first in yards gained,i.e. 3,823 yards,first in passing yards,i.e. 2,869 and first in running yards,i.e. 954.We are ahead of Cobourne and the Cats who gained 870 yards running. Defensively we are at number 6; we gave 3,350 yards.

Richard

While we are "déçus" of the last team results/some aspects of the team,I am confident that we will win our next 2 homes games. Peaking at last year standings for the first 9 games on the 2010 regular season, we were at 6-3, Hamilton and Toronto both at 5-4 and Winnipeg at 2-7; this year, we have lost 1 more game,Hamilton is as last year and the major changes are with Toronto,now at 2-7 and Winnipeg at 7-2. In 2010 last 9 regular games we were at 6-3.

For the last 9 games of the 2011 regular season, I don't expect many changes,unless there are major injuries. Marc-Olivier Brouillette and Danny Desriveaux should be on the active roster for the next game; they could/should replace Tad Crawford-concussion- and John Surla-knee injury-. If Shea Emry is ready to play,I expect Ryan Lucas to be transferred to the practice roster. While Sandro DeAngelis,Emmanuel Marc and Curtis Dublanko should/will not dress for next game,the major question remains/is: Who amongst Perry Floyd,Brandon London and Jermaine McElveen will be the fourth player to sit/not play.

Stay tuned!

Richard

Tout cela est vrai, mais en même temps ça ne veut pas dire qu’il n’y a pas des améliorations à apporter du côté de l’attaque, qui n’est plus ce qu’elle était en début de saison. À peu près tout le monde a constaté que plusieurs joueurs ne jouent pas à la hauteur de ce qu’ils sont capables de donner. Green, Watkins, Carter, Bratton échappent plus que leur lot de passes attrapables. Calvillo est néanmoins moins précis dans ses passes, parfois parce qu’il est plus pressé, ou parfois parce que les receveurs ne réussissent pas à se démarquer, ce qui oblige Calvillo à faire des passes plus difficiles à capter afin d’anéantir le risque d’interception. Nous avons de la difficulté à terminer nos poussées offensives par des touchés. Ce sont toutes des choses que nous avons vues l’an dernier, mais dans une moindre mesure. Ce sont toutes des choses qui peuvent se corriger mais encore faut-il que l’effort y soit.

C’est clair que les plus gros bobos sont du côté de la défensive, et pas nécessairement ceux qu’on croit. On a vu à quoi ressemble un match sans Wilson. On a pu adresser des reproches sur les statistiques de Wilson, mais sa présence au sein de la ligne défensive y donne plus de cohésion que son absence. Et qu’on le veuille ou non, l’équpe manque de profondeur. Toutes ces blessures nous ont permis de voir que la tertiaire était en pleine mutation, et que le deuxième front (les substituts) n’est pas prêt pour faire le boulot.

Par ailleurs, je commence à me demander si la présence d’Anderson dans le vestiaire n’est pas en train d’y pourrir l’atmosphère, comme c’est arrivé à Calgary. Je peux être complètemnt dans le champ, mais il semble y avoir des problèmes d’esprit d’équipe, cette année.

Donc, si bonnes soient les statistiques de Calvillo, elles n’ont pas suffi récemment à donner des victoires à l’équipe. C’est ensemble que les joueurs glissent dans ce merdier, et c’est ensemble qu’ils doivent en sortir.

While one might object to the inflexibility of such a statement
It’s probably all too accurate

The irony is that as we descend further into “Argo-hood”
It’s the Argos that are making the bold but necessary changes
And if anyone remembers that Winnipeg game Calvillo won
With that last minute bomb
We can imagine starting Jyles will pan out for them…eventually

While Calvillo is no Cleo Lemon…or vice-versa
It’s clear most are reluctant to imagine a situation when we’ll sit AC
No matter how badly he’s playing or what our record is

I guess you have to be battered around a few years before making those tough decisions
Not something I’m looking forward to
Any more than I’m enjoying being 1 game over .500

As per latest Als roster, John Surla-LB,N- has been transferred from the active roster to 9 game injury list. Matt Lambross-WR,N- has been released from the practice roster.-Basically confirms that Desriveaux will be back-. Finally, import DB Micheaux Robinson has been added to the practice roster. He is 28 years old,5-9,185.

Herb writes that Shea Emry should be back. He will practice tomorrow.

Anwar Stewart has apologized for what he said/"son comportement"/his behavior after the Hamilton game.

Richard

That is absolute BULLcrap! Stewart is one of the only real gladiators on this team. He has earned the right to speak his mind. AND, he was RIGHT! For the coaches to make him apologise, is just wrong and stupid. Sounds like the coaches are losing control of the locker room, and are enforcing discipline on a well respected veteran. A SURE sign that they have lost the players and the locker room…

While no one can ever question Anwar’s devotion to the team or his work ethic
There’s little doubt that all the effort in the world won’t reverse the hands of time
The Alouettes are suffering from a severe lack of pressure on defence…and a large part of this falls at the feet of Stewart

Sitting Wilson in favour of Moton Hopkins was in part an effort to bring more of that pressure
Essentially to bring in some help to make up for Anwar’s increasing deficiencies
While some here disagree…
obviously nothing I say here gains much more than a knee-jerk negative in this place (boo hoo) despite my astonishing record of being right on the money
The guys at CKAC, Herb Zurkowsky and even Trestman himself have come to see it my way
Pulling Wilson was not the answer to our d-line woes

If anything…Stewart’s outburst has at it’s very heart the inevitability of a hard-core truth
You age…you slow down and eventually you stop…get replaced by someone younger
Such is life…such is football.

Trestman and co have been more than respectful of certain veteran warhorses on this team
Heart and soul
But there comes a time for the infusion of new blood
That time is when you’re on a downward losing spiral
That time is now!

While yesterday it was expecting that Shea Emry would practice today,he did not; according to RDS,he probably won't play Sunday. Still with RDS, it is said that Diamond Ferri hurt himself and is doubtful for Sunday. Marc-Olivier Brouillette practised at Ferri's position and at safety.

Richard

obviously nothing I say here gains much more than a knee-jerk negative in this place (boo hoo) despite my astonishing record of being right on the money
Have you been reading tweets/comments from Cobourne by any chance?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, do you ever read what you’re about to post before you submit it? You sound like a jackass. I’ve rarely seen a poster so in love with proclaiming his own righteousness and so unwilling to admit that he is frequently and quite spectacularly wrong.

You whined and wailed about Calvillo in 2009, and we won a Grey Cup.

You whined and wailed about him again in 2010, while continuing your full-bore man crush on Adrian McPherson, and we won another Grey Cup.

You moaned about Chad Owens all of last year, claiming he’d come back to haunt us, and we destroyed the Argos in the EDF on the way to another championship.

You ran around proclaiming doom and gloom when Cobourne left, but we, not Hamilton, have the league’s leading rusher this year in Brandon Whitaker.

Sure, you’re right about some things, but you’re also wrong about others. As are we all. For heaven’s sake, stop acting like a martyr. It’s old, annoying, and absurdly adolescent. I can’t believe a grown man is sitting behind the computer screen, typing the crap that you type. Is your life so devoid of anything meaningful that you feel the need to put down other members, while acting like some kind of football prophet whenever something happens that you predicted?

Just about everyone else here has opinions, but is mature enough to admit when they make mistakes, or when they overreact. You? Absolute silence when you’re shown to be a fool, but let the least thing turn out the way you anticipated, and suddenly you have “an astonishing record for being right on the money.” :lol:

It’s never enough for you to talk football in a civil manner. No, you have to take shots at other members (and you’re too cowardly to even call specific members out – you just hide behind vague ad hominem attacks like “knee-jerk negative in this place”) in order to make yourself feel like a special little snowflake. It’s really too bad, because you are evidently a smart person and have a lot of meaningful contributions to make, but you are unbearable to deal with as a member on these boards, which is why I am putting you back on my Foe list (should never have taken you off it in the first place).

Glad Johnny Rodgers will be there tomorrow. Bring some good luck i hope.

Carabins did their best. Stingers actually won. McGill, well…

a little something to encourage the riders in beating the bombers tomorrow in spirit of the banjo bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

700 tix left to sell. good enough. looks like i will finally be attending the alouettes golf on monday. hopefully on a high.

Go als!

I am looking forward to observing Bouillette tomorrow. If Ferri is out tomorrow, who will return K/P? Lulay looking good and, the Lions are back in the chase. BC get great returns from the mini camps they hold from time to time.

Well…

I skimmed the tirade
But fortunately did finally manage to catch the last bit
Never realized I’d been “foe’d” before
Foe is me
I guess the truth just doesn’t sit well with some people

Years of manically and obsequiously bowing to
Just about every idiotic decision this team has made
Has finally snapped an otherwise decent football mind

I can’t say I regret my newly-refound “foe” status
Your self righteous bull is as offensive to me
As my candor apparently is to you
However…I am not childish enough to actually attempt to gag anyone
And then announce it for all to see
kind of defeats the purpose…

To paraphrase one of my favorite Star Trek Episodes
“May your way be as pleasant”
smirk and condescending head-shake

Hopefully the Alouettes decline won’t continue
(as I’ve been warning for 3 years)
If it does…no one will be sadder than me

I’ll leave wrong to you
You who wear it so well
Despite the fact that you and your ilk have backed decisions that have hobbled the team I love so much
None of us really have anything but the most ephemeral impact
At best…or worst
So taking any of this so seriously seems rather silly

:wink:

Senior, permit me if you will, to suggest that you do more than 'skim' the "tirade" and give the thoughts expressed therein some serious consideration. I have myself, from time to time, suggested to you that you tone down the "I'm always right and everyone else is always wrong" sort of arrogance that unfortunately detracts from your posts.

To commemorate 9/11 ten years ago today. lest we forget. as well as today's birds vs. cats matchup.

Hopefully, the good guys will win in the end. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcCCo00_99k

I am going to enjoy this game whatever the final score may be. I'm just glad I'm still around to enjoy it. :slight_smile:

It's a special day today. The Montreal Orioles are hosting game 3 of their semifinal series against trois-rivieres down 2-0 in the series. Unfortunately they play at 2 PM today so I can't go.

It's Nick De Santis' birthday and the Impact are playing Carolina after the als game.I'll be there with my dad.

There aren't many things more important than football I'll admit :wink: but 9/11 is definitely one of them and I hope they mention it at the game today.

New York forever. My birthplace.

Re 9/11 there most probably will be some form of mention and or minute of silence.