Als vs Bombers gameday thread

Well.. that was a good game... :wink:

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I didn't think it was that bad, even though it was a blowout. It had some great plays. And I have a perfect week going. Go Riders! :lol:

I sure hope some sportswriter asks him the question. . . ‘so how do you rate Montreal’s linebackers now, Fred?’

I was more excited watching the Master PGA second round then this....game?

He was right though He got 50 yards rushing thats about 20 yards more than the als shouldve allowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Reid got 49 yards, 5 yards less than what the average they allowed prior to tonight. He did a good job returning kicks however.

So, Mr. Reid, how do our D-line and linebackers look now?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to thank my Wife for not allowing me to watch this Game, it would have soured the last two games I watched .

Second straight game without my Als allowing a TD. Me likey.

agreed . . . and wasn't the red zone playcalling much improved? passes into the endzone. . .

To be expected, Als too strong for this Peg team.

NO KIDDING! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m glad that T&M started attacking the red zone with intermediate passes. It paid big dividends all night, and might have produced more if Calvillo had been able to hook up with Richardson on one of those two corner route tosses.

does Bishop know which team he's playing for now?

how many times SHOULD he have been picked-off tonite?

bring back LeFors, and release The Bish.
he SHOULD be 0-3, but luckly he played Toronto in his forst game, so he only needed 13 points to win that one.

good game mtl. and thank you for cementing many of the problems that some knew we had and others wouldnt admit.. heres my breakdown

• thank you for bursting the bishop bubble... even if he had success hes a short term fix and would not make us a contender. but i think he has now proved he is not even a short term fix. when he didnt have recievers open he tried to force dumb throws... and when he had recievers open he could not hit them.. id rather give lefors or randall a shot.. they may not be any better right now but at least they are younger and have room to develope.

• and our biggest problem... mike kelly... i dont usually criticize coaching too hard cuz im sure they know the game a lot better than i do.. but its getting rediculous... consistantly horrible playcalling is hurting us just as much as the lack of execution... running on second an long. calling short sideline throws when we need big plays... running complex roleouts and formations when we have enough trouble with the basics... (i especially hate how he always rolls our qbs to their wrong shoulder so they have to run stop turn then throw... and endup getting nailed!) ... as well he has castoff many players that now look like they would be very valuable for this team.

• i hope nfl cuts workout for us because we need o line help (pickard gauthier and goodspeed look like gods right now)

• i hope we find a kick returner, releasing taylor was a huge mistake!

• we cut smith for giles and now we dont even dress him. we have no powerback for short yardage...

i really feel for our defense, these guys come in and battle hard game in and out.. they didnt have the prettiest game today but made some key picks and kept the game within two scores for a long time... the O just couldnt help out... heck they even made a huge goaline stand when the game was basically over!

pro's ... good hustle on d... for the most part good coverage and run stopping.. great coverage on kicks... serna and renaud are doing well...

its just frustrating to watch horrible playcalling and horrible formations.. there is a reason every other team in the league uses the shotgun a lot mr kelly.. it works in the cfl... our qbs have enough trouble asit is... under centre gives them less time to scan the d and to see the field

im not saying were a complete write off yet im just pretty upset by these last few games and a lot of it stems from coaching!

By my count, four more times.

Sanchez had two more chances and couldn’t get it done.
Estelle had one bounce off his fingertips.
Hell, Emry, the middle linebacker, had a shot at one of Bishop’s passes across the middle.

bad day for bishop. i was never a big fan but i had hoped he might fit in kellys crazy system but its quite apparent that neither will work,

No the recipe in Winnipeg, when everything fails, fire the Coach.

Doug Berry
Jim Daley
Dave Ritchie

Oh the revolving door.

I pretty much paid for my ticket to the game tonight to have a high school reunion at Canad Inns Stadium. A couple times I found myself chatting it up in the Appleton Rum Party Zone when people would comment "oh, there's a game going on?"

Couldn't even go back to my seat was having too much fun, then when I looked at the scoreboard, no dice again. At least going to a Bomber game is cheaper than going to the bar.

Agreed. In 3 games Bishop is 45/95 (47%), 1 TD, 4 picks, so no joy there. But this is worse than he did after being shipped to Sask last year, so it’s not all him.

Kelly got the job with no real competition; he gave the QB spot to LeFors with no real competition; Bishop isn’t even getting pulled, so he has no real competition; do we have a syndrome here?

That was harsh, the Als had to come from behind to win this…

:wink: