Als training camp 2019

SuperDidier is back !

I really liked the fact that he put the emphasis on poor coaching (specially OLC) for the lack of production last year !

Is there anything notable mentioned by Didier that you canshare for those of us who do not understand French?

Really just a superficial overview of some of the position battles. For instance, other than Campbell and Loffler, he didn`t mention who I saw yesterday in the defensive backfield and at SAM LB.

He also thought Glenn Love was still on the team.

I`m sure he will be more precise as he watches more of the practices.

Thanks. I thought when someome talks non-stop for alamost 40 minutes, there would be at least one juicy tidbit that slips out.

LOL! Well, he went over the various changes that stuck out to him.

-Says no matter who he’s talked about the team’s ownership, no one is talking and that Sherman told his staff Coaches and Players need to focus on their job…

-How again this year had half its coaching staff replaced with little CFL experience. Which he thinks does not bode well for a team that was consistently outcoached in 2nd halves of games last year.

-Goes over ratio and the two scenarios 4OL or 3OL+1WR
-Goes over the QB battle shaping up.
-Goes position one by one looking at likely starters and where jobs are open.

We did learn more from Sheldon than the 30 minutes or so from Didier on Als.

He did not name or speculate on replacement of Chip Cox; only 2 DB’s as starters. The other 3? Fourth Int. receiver? Mentioned Chris Brown,although has not been mentioned too much by members of media since rookie camp and main camp.

Half the coaching staff replaced? 8 of 11 were here last year. 3 new coaches. In my numbers that 27.3% and not half.

Lui et sa “gang” sont toujours “b…s” sur Maciocia,le “sauveur”.

Richard

Apparently the Als have signed free agent and CFL star DB Ciante Evans,formerly of Calgary. Should /will be a starter. Will help with the new CBA,where 3 Int. players with 3 or 4 years experience have to be starters. Should be: Cunningham,Evans and Washington.

Let’s now hope that a pass rusher is found.

Richard

He said that his focus for the practices he saw was on offence and that he will check the defence later.

Excellent signing first reported by Joey Alfieri.

https://twitter.com/joeyalfieri/status/1131187384576565248

Speaking of reporters covering the team, and with Herb on the mend, the best guy for getting information on personnel and position battles, is Joey Alfieri. He takes a real interest in that kind of stuff.

He told me on Sunday that he wasn`t concerned about losing Glenn Love, and that Chris Ackie and George Johnson are simply asking for too much money.

He was also deep in conversation with Kavis on the sidelines for about a half hour, perhaps how he got the Ciante Evans scoop.

The only problem is he has a regular gig on TSN 690 with Melnick, so doesn’t attend practices like Herb and Didier.

If Didier attends practices,he does not seem too informed,at least based on his comments on the team/positions,yesterday.

Richard

They both do a great job. Joey is the “GM Insider” one of the few allies Kavis has and that is a good thing.

Didier is the “Incorruptible Prosecutor” who asks the tough questions, no one else has the stones to, also a good thing.

Tommie Campbell ?
::slight_smile:

Key position battles to watch

RT: Johnson vs Pick your import
DE: Knapton vs Pick your import
SAM: Lokombo vs Pick your import
HB: Both positions wide open
QB3: Merchant vs Hugo

QB: IMO Pipkin will get the first 3 games no matter what
Kicker: IMO Bede is already penned in.
Returner: IMO Logan is already penned.

Ciante Evans is recovering from a badly broken wrist in April.

Ciante Evans, a Stallions defensive back from Nebraska who bonded with Paul, stood on the sideline with a broken wrist that night as Paul was hurt when his arm was pinned between a teammate and San Diego receiver. “I was devastated for him,? Evans said. “Not only for the team, but in the community, he did a lot for the organization.?
I have no idea how long it takes to recover from a broken wrist but I would assume he won't be available for at least a month or two.

Still no news from Chip Cox. Will he sign a contract late into training camp (like last year), or will he retire?

He’s 74 defensive tackles away from 1000. He could get to 1000 with one more year.

It becomes wear and tear management I think. And Reed can’t come out publicly and say he’s treating Cox differently than Bowman or anyone else…

He has stated he would come back as long as the team wants him to. So if he does not, it means Kavis has decided to move on.

I can’t see the Als bringing Chip back at this point. And he`s probably not ready to announce his retirement.

We could possibly see him somewhere in the league toward the end of the season when injuries start to hit.

Someone know what is the final roster composition (I/N/G) of the new CBA ?
Apparently, QBs are not apart anymore but do a team must identify 3QBs for each game ?