Als-Ticats

[quote=""Senior Ah Me""] Obviously Popp isn't the least responsible for the injury problems the Als have had in the secondary. I'd think it was obvious that I was referring to other under-performing aspects of the team... Most notably on the defensive line...and at kickreturner. [/quote]
Well seemed like you were hanging blame on Popp and Trestman in your previous reply. Any event, for now the team will have to play with the cards they have been dealt, similar to what the Esks are going through.

Shea Emry ne sera pas de la partie contre les Timinous. Donc, un autre canadien à remplacer, ce qui explique sans doute la présence de Spencer dans l'alignement.

Spencer est de l'alignement depuis le début de la saison; d'accord,non de l'alignement partant mais de l'alignement. Il devrait être partant contre Hamilton.

Curtis Dublanko,qui n'a pas joué contre Calgary,pourrait remplacer Emry comme 1 des 42 joueurs "habillés". Il jouerait sur les unités spéciales. Autre possibilité serait Matt Lambros,si London -ce que je doute-ne joue pas.

Richard

Merci de la nuance. Je parlais également de l’alignement de départ et j’aurais dû être plus précis.

Quoiqu’il en soit je serais étonné mais curieux d’y voir Dublanko.

Quand à Lambros, je pense que Deslauriers mériterait d’avoir ses présences si London ne joue pas. Je n’ai rien contre Lambros, mais dans une partie de 4 points, il me semble que je préférerais y voir un gars qui a vu le jeu plutôt qu’un gars qui attend sur les lignes depuis le début de la saison.

Sans Emry nous serons à 41 joueurs habillés, dont 19 canadiens. On devra ajouter 1 joueur canadien. Etant déjà de l'alignement des 46 joueurs,il est tout à fait logique que Dublanko soit le joueur choisi/le 20 ième canadien. Si non lui,ce sera Lambros.

Richard

According to the Als' FB page, AC sat out the practise with a sore knee. He says he will be at the next practise. Sure hope that isn't a serious problem. Sheesh!

close to 27,000 tix sold for the game. heck of a challenge for the als to win a labor game against the ticats for the very first time. i like a good challenge.

Listening to the Trestman interview on the RDS website, it sounds like Kerry Watkins is being considered as the returner to replace Maypray out with an ankle injury.

That would be one creative way to solve the ratio issue. McElveen and Ferri are added, Laybourne and Floyd dropped. Hopkins can remain. London and Watkins could alternate at receiver but not be on together.

Of course the question is can Watkins do the job as a returner.

I wonder why they don’t use Bratton as returner?
He’s had experience and has fared well in the past
On top of which…as the “5th” receiver his returning duties would be less likely to impact the team on offence

Sometimes extensive injuries on one part of the team exposes a weakness in another
That’s obviously happened with the Eskimos and the loss of so many receivers
And the consequent collapse of their offensive line

The same evolution seems to be happening with the Alouettes defence
Our secondary is in tatters
And it may be that our d-line woes will snowball downwards as a result

I can’t fathom the logic of dropping Moton Hopkins with the return of McEleveen
Jermaine has had a less than stellar 2011
Still…the coaching staff is better placed to determine if Hopkins was the beneficiary of Edmonton’s collapse
Rather than his own great efforts

Either way…let’s hope that the Ticats are worse off than we are
If things come down to a shootout
I’ll put my money on AC and the twins
Both weeks
Back to back

:thup: :thup:

Go Als!

Good lord, what is their objection to using Bratton and Ferri full-time at KR? Bratton is the fourth receiver in our sets, and Ferri splits time with Guzman, so freshness shouldn't be an issue. In his first year with the club (2007), Bratton was the primary kick returner.

Atta boy, Senior! I am not naive, these two games will be a challange for our boys considering all the injuries and the juggling that is required. But, this is football and injuries are part of the game. We will see what kind of character our Als have in the next two games. Championship teams are made of great talent, great execution, never-say-die attitude, resiliency, and the ability to find suitable subs who come to play!

First things first - a W on Monday!

Go Als go!!!

Agreed. And what gets me is Floyd gets 1 game (with 2 practices before that game) and is being set aside. Maypray who has not fared well has had how many games as KR/PR !

I have always liked Bratton in the return role and Ferri is capable.I don't believe KW ever had the return experience.

Herb writes- Als Inside/Out- that Eric Wilson won't dress against Hamilton,on Monday. According to Mark Trestman, it was a difficult decision. Hopkins,Bekasiak and Lucas-from practice roster- will be the inside linemen/DT's-

Guzman will replace Emry in the middle and Ferri will play outside LB.

Perry Floyd will play.

Richard

Sanity prevails! And Richard is proven right once again. :smiley:

All excellent moves. My hair was standing on end thinking about Walter Spencer as starting MLB. And it is nice to see that Trestman and Tibesar have FINALLY realized that perhaps Eric Wilson’s job shouldn’t be 100% secure.

Just read Herb's blog. Trestman can spin it all he wants, and pretend it's not about production, but sitting a veteran down in favor of Hopkins is a very clear indicator that Wilson isn't producing, and the coaches are finally noticing.

I have to admit to being a fan of Wilson, but good on the coaches for making a decision based on performance and not on inherent rights.

Also glad to see Floyd getting another opportunity to show what he can do.

I'm just saying...
Sitting Wilson could be a big mistake

We'll know Monday
But I wouldn't be surprised if Cobourne has a huge game against the Als
Wilson could be sorely missed.