Als @ Ticats 06/28/2019

Geez, it’s only the first game, and we lose two quality National starters. Johnny won’t even ask if things can get worse…

Ya it is good to see them fill out staff. He was a very good player with seemingly high football IQ.
Probably still could play…maybe will.

But I’m glad to see him get back into CFL …new coaching blood.

There could be a lot of new coaching blood show up soon as recently retired players take some time away from playing but could easily emerge in coaching:

Travis Lulay
CJ Sherritt (I think he could be a super CFL coach)
Ricky Ray
Chip Cox (altho guess he’s not really retired yet)

JC Sherritt is coaching LBs with former rival Calgary.

Oh yeah. I forgot that he was. Thanks. I think he will have a rapid rise.

From Pat Hickey:

With (Taylor) Loffler on the sidelines, American Greg Reid is expected to get a start Friday. He was one of four designated international players in the 32-25 season-opening loss to Edmonton on June 14, which means he was limited to special-teams duties.

(Khari) Jones is also likely to use an international player at middle linebacker in place of Bo Lokombo, who is sidelined with bruised ribs. He’s on the one-game injured list.

“We’re looking at a couple of different things,? said Jones. “We can change it on the offensive line, we can change on the defensive live. We’re still in the deciding process. It’s always tough when you lose two Canadian starters, and two impact players like those guys, but hopefully they’ll be back soon.?

One likely change will be the appearance of versatile Canadian veteran Spencer Wilson at left guard.

Other than the fact that Lokombo does not play middle linebacker, Didier Orméjuste posted yesterday that Ty Cranston is replacing Loffler. Joey Alfieri on Als This Week said Spencer Wilson would likely play RT.

Prior to today, Anthony Ierullo was listed as the Offensive Assistant Coach. With Marquay McDaniel being named that this morning, Ierullo is now the Special Team Assistant.

From Kirk Penton`s The Insiders Say:

• How does the league allow Kavis Reed to continue to run the Montreal franchise? He sends their first-round picks away for (Johnny) Manziel, and the league gives him extra draft picks. He fires the head coach at the end of training camp, so how do they stay under the coaching cap and pay a new receivers coach? I assume Khari (Jones) got a raise for taking the job as well.

• I like Vernon (Adams). He has all the skills and is a guy who everyone sees as a potential starter. He just needs a chance and patience.

• I didn’t like how Montreal handled their business, firing (Mike) Sherman before he coached a game. Nothing against Khari (Jones), but I hope Hamilton sticks a boot so far up their asses that a mickey won’t ease their pain.

Ouch! He may get his wish…

• To be VERY picky … Als and Argo got ONE extra pick … not that Penton is often hindered by facts … as for the cap, wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow got a special “my owners have run away” circumstances exemption … also … wouldn’t assume Khari got a raise.
  • Time will tell
  • Now THAT would be a two-game suspension … three if it is “repeat offender” Lawrence.

Hamilton by 13.

That would be a nice showing. I just think Hamilton is going to molest them on both sides of the ball, their front seven is very good and the Paul Dunn’s patch job of an oline is not going to hold.

On offense with film on Slowick’s zones, they will get suffer…Let’s just hope Vernon can play the entire game without getting hurt.

Great… ::slight_smile:

How can they not know the extent of Lofler’s injury after 14 days?

That’s five starters in one game…

Shorter term, soft tissue (sprains, strains. tears) injuries can be hard to diagnose because of swelling … but even a week seems extreme let alone two

Maybe the suspected tear did not happen during the game itself. Loffler could have hurt himself within the last few days.

IN
DB Lekan Idowu (signed this week)
LB Glenn Love (signed this week)
LB Tevin Floyd (from Practice Roster)
LB Jarnor Jones (from Injured then Practice Roster)
OL Zac Wilkinson (from Practice Roster)
WR Stephen Adekolu (from 1-Game Injured List)
QB Brandon Bridge(signed this week)

OUT
DB Marcus Cromartie (to 1-Game Injured List)
DB Taylor Loffler (to 6-Game Injured List)
LB Bo Lokombo (to 1-Game Injured List)
DL Chad Geter (to 1-Game Injured List)
OL Chris Schleuger (to Practice Roster)
WR Felix Faubert-Lussier (to 1-Game Injured List)
QB Antonio Pipkin (to 1-Game Injured List)

Loffler,Lokombo and Pipkin were transferred to injured on JUNE 22,2019.

For the first 2 games of 2019 and since the end of training camp,Edmonton Jovan Santos-Knox was on the 1 game injured list. Since yesterday, he’s been transferred to 6 game injured list.How can Edmonton did not know Santos-Knox’s extent of injury before yesterday?

Richard

Also Pat Neufeld in Wpg.

NEUFELD ON SIX-GAME

For weeks, Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea has been saying offensive lineman Pat Neufeld was close to returning from a lower body injury that has kept him out since the beginning of training camp.

But this week, Neufeld was seen limping and, on Wednesday, he was placed on the six-game injured list. O’Shea was still not shedding any light on the potential severity of Neufeld’s injury.

The roster and not the depth chart is at 47 players. I expect that Nat. WR Julien-Grant has been added to injured.

Players on 6 game injured list don’t count against the approved cap. Unless Loffler comes back before the end of 6 game or 12 or the season, there will be no impact on approved cap. He’s been replaced by Idowu; I am not saying that Idowu will replace Loffler as starter,but a Nat. DB had to be added. Salary wise, the impact will be quite positive,since Idowu is probably making less than Loftier by at least $90,000.

I presume that after a few games, the team will decide if Cranston is the solution at S or if an A. player is the answer. If Lokombo is out for not too long, it would make sense to have an A. player at S,unless Cranston is doing well.

Let’s hope that Chris Ackie reduces his demands. He would be a great addition.

Richard

Depth Chart and updated roster available on Tiger Cat site. Julien-Grant added to practice roster.

Graham on 1-game is a mistake.