als-stamps II

All we know for sure is that we have a playoff game at home (the semi-final). There are abslutely no gimmes and the loss to Winnipeg made any chance of finishing first a "mathematical possibility". But all playoff-bound teams have had up-and-down seasons, not just the Als. I don't expect the Argos to do us any favours, but they have a good D, and if they manage to execute on O and keep the score close - who Knows? All of that is moot, of course, unless we win the final two games, which now is a must.

Welcome to the Crazy Football League!

It has been quite the season hasn't it?

With the exception of Saskatchewan and Toronto, who have been pretty consistently mediocre, every team in the league has looked terrific one game and dreadful the next.

The way things have gone, you can make a pretty good case for any of Winnipeg, Montreal, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton, and BC to get to the Grey Cup and win the thing. You can also make equally good cases against each of them. It's just been that kind of a season. . .

Your right, even Saskatchewan won decisively back to back games against Winnipeg. All teams lost a few games at home as well. When you look at the nine game injured lists of most teams you got to wonder if the SMS isn’t impeding the league somewhat. Teams payroll is much higher than the SMS, it just that the players can’t hit the field. Maybe they should increase the SMS by a certain amount and do away with the nine game exemptions.

False alarm. All is settled and well in the land of orange and black. We’ll be flying in to Vancouver nov.4th after all. At least the als get a feel for the place 3 weeks before the grey cup. That Might just motivate them enough to want to return. :wink:

The west division rep for the grey cup will be Very interesting to see. All 3 teams haven’t been there in a while.

You want hungry? Since 2001 the ticats have won 0 playoff games and the bombers only 3 while the als have won 11. are we too full? :expressionless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vDau5tGPY for sunday. leave the horsies in their wake like at the end of the video. :cowboy:

Jamel needs one more 100 yard game to own a new CFL record. Will Ray offer another commemorative frame to honor the moment? :smiley:

Better if everybody else gets lot’s of work
And Jamel has less than 50 yards
C’mon Als
Less predictability
More creativity

Go Als!!!

Even Better. :smiley:

Toronto: Argonauts, Leafs, FC Toronto, Rock, Marlies...........ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fold the Argonauts there hopeless, sorry Barker your team sucks!

Sorry Barker I love u! I wish u were my dad!!! EAT MY SHORTS BOMBERS NOW YOU KNOW HOW WE FELT IN BC WHEN THE REFS DECIDED TO SCREW US 3 TIMES BECAUSE OF A STUPID PAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG GAME SUNDAY!! GO ALS GO!

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

He did win us the 2002 Grey Cup as OC lest we forget.

Well half my prediction for this weekend came true :smiley: That's 0-6 for teams after a win against montreal :thup:

Even scarier? At one point teams that played us were 0-14 in the followup game (I’m including preseason just for the hell of it). Recent weeks have eroded that stat but tonight’s result leaves the regular season record at 3-13.

watched the entire game 7 world series and both games ended at the same time. at 24-22 i figured, another BB comeback in the works. The sad part is even a win sunday won’t clinch us first place but at least we’d be in the driver’s seat.

tomorrow’s esks-leos game. esks win they’re first and the calgary-winnipeg game would automatically matter to the stamps because even if they lose to the als they’ll be tied with bc with a shot at a home playoff game.

if leos win and stamps lose then cgy is guaranteed 3rd place and their last game won’t matter and leos game against the als will matter for 1st place.

so go eskies!

If the Als win their home game they are in a much better position than they were yesterday. Bombers have the hardest time winning in Alberta and the Stamps will be fighting for a home playoff game by the time their game against the Stamps will be done the Als will know the results going into the BC game. But yes they need to win their home game Sunday.

Wow ! Didn’t know that. To me it is telling how much energy teams come at our Als with. :thup:

Naturally when you’re the reigning champion. Full credit to the argos. We beat them at just the right time oct.10 because they got dangerous down the stretch.

Carabins-sherbrooke for me tomorrow should be a good ‘warm-up’ game for sunday. gonna be chilly willy. :expressionless:

"It Ain't Over Until It's Over" !!

Enjoy the gmae today. Make sure not to let "Willy" get "Chilly"!

Well the Argos did the nearly impossible in this crazy season. So, a W tomorrow means 1st place all to ourselves, at least for the moment. But - we have to WIN! We have to come out firing on all cylinders before heading into BC, a place where the Als have always had trouble winning.

One game at a time - the Als' destiny, once again, is squarely in their own hands!

Go Als go!

thanks. i Will enjoy the gmae. :wink: (must be gaelic)

Other Yogisms: you got the time? ‘What, you mean now??’

'our similarities are different'

'who could eat 8 slices of a pizza?. If it was cut in 4 slices then i could eat it. 

Yogi Berra is a St-Louis native. Whadda team. Whadda town. St-Louis.