Als sign K Michael Domagala, DL Anthony Federico

MONTREAL — The Montreal Alouettes announced on Tuesday they have signed National kicker Michael Domagala and National defensive lineman Anthony Federico.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2024/07/09/als-sign-k-michael-domagala-dl-anthony-federico
1 Like

Great to see Michael Domagala get signed in Montreal!

I assume its just as an emergency but I’m happy to see his name again. Ottawa did him dirty earlier this year.

3 Likes

Yep, definitely emergency pickup, as Coté is on the 6-game and we didn’t have another placekicker on the roster behind Maltos.

1 Like

FWIW, this is what Bob Dyce had to say about Domagala when he cut him in May:

Also let go were American receiver Dillon Stoner and American defensive back Kalon Gervin, as well as Canadian kicker Michael Domagala. “He knew it was a tough spot,” Dyce said of the former Carleton Raven, who showed he can punt as well as kick, but wasn’t going to unseat incumbents Richie Leone and Lewis Ward. “But I’ll tell you what, I have nothing but positive things to say about Mike Domagala. I fully believe, I truly believe that Mike should be kicking in this league. He is a pro and he fit so well in our group, playing for (Ward) when he was hurt last year. The way he practiced, the way he prepares, just does an outstanding job, and I really hope people recognize and watch the films of Mike, because he’s kicking better than he ever has in his career and the game means a whole lot to him. Obviously I wish him all the best.”

2 Likes