Als Shopping List

Damn! Consequences ! Who would have known.

According to CFL Transactions, DE Willie Mays III has been added to the active roster. If Mays dresses, then that would be 3 former Tiffin players on the field for the Als. (Antonio Pipkin, Boris Bede, and Willie Mays III).

I can’t understand how Bede has yet to be punted or at least replaced as a place kicker.

Didier Orméjuste ???
[ltr]@DidierRDS[/ltr]

Les Alouettes ont mis nous contrat l’ailier défensif Gabriel Knapton. Il prend part à l’entraînement.

The Alouettes have signed DE Gabriel Knapton. @LCFca @CFL

Usually when a player (like Knapton) has two consecutive bad seasons, he is done. Willie Mays made a few plays last game. Let’s hope the Als don’t overlook him now that Knapton is back.

Yes Johnny, with Bowman and Mays at ends, that was the best our D line has performed all season so far.

Its a smart signing. JB has a thorn right arm and the other is a rookie, Better Knapton rotating in than Jesse Joseph.

Joseph has more sacks than Knapton and has close to the same in number in total tackles. Knapton was a starter in BC, while Joseph was mainly rotational. Joseph has therefore been better this season.

I think Joseph should play inside. He can stunt or take the odd rep on the end but I don’t think there is a team in the league that would want to start JJ at Defensive End.

Great team player, huge heart.

Now Gabe… He’s struggled. I’m not sure why, maybe over training in the off season. He’s in the MMA gyms during the off season… Something looks off, hopefully he can figure it out.

Not expecting much from Knapton…
Speaking of shopping list, I wonder why the Als haven’t signed Marquay Mcdaniels rather than trading for A.Bowman.

Another potential change is at the kicker position.

The Als signed Felix Menard-Briere to the training squad.

About time. Bede is not a place kicker. So Get Bede to focus on punting and kickoffs and tell FMB to focus on his place kicking. Bede has been wildly inconsistent his entire career, on potential alone, he’d be in the NFL.

FMB has a great leg, great punter with a lot of hangtime, great on KO, but he is even more erratic than Bede on FG!

At UdM, he lost the placekicking job several times. Last year, he didn’t even try a FG, he was 3rd on the depth chart.

In 5 years at UdM: 66% on FG, 3/10 on FG between 40-49, no attemps of 50+

At least he is Canadian…

Kaaaavis!

“Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the Kavis”

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2015/02/27/leonard_nimoy_dead_spock_actor_gave_us_star_trek_s_best_scene_the_death/screen_shot_20150227_at_1.42.15_pm.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.42.15_pm.png

NFL cutdown date is Saturday and we could certainly use DB Jonathan Mincy.

No idea how hes doing in Bears camp - hes listed as 3rd string at one of the Safety positions on their website depth chart.

I’d love to have him back. Don’t understand their using him at safety; the guy’s a shutdown corner. Never have liked trying to force square pegs into round holes.

What about Special Team coaches as GMs? :slight_smile:

ESPN had their 53-man NFL roster projections yesterday. While Justin Zimmer was among those who they expect to make their teams, Mincy was not. In the last pre-season game, Zimmer had a sack playing against other reserves. Mincy was with the backups as well, but he whiffed trying to make a play on a man he was covering. Player caught the ball and with Mincy on the ground, ended up scoring a 55 yard TD.

9:24

Thanks okie. Mincy was close to making a play though. :slight_smile: