Als Roster Moves

Can't say I'm heartbroken to see Samuels go. His game seems to have declined in the past two years, and though I never thought I'd say it, I think Dix is a better fit at cornerback. They'll probably add at least one more DB to the roster for injury depth, and another quarterback until McPherson is healthy (Pickett, maybe?).

If Taylor gets cut from the Jets does he still belong to us? If he does get cut do we still need him, or can we have a dynamic duo of Maypray Taylor?

If/when he is released by the Jets, Larry Taylor is the "property" of the Als.

According to CJAD,-earlier in the week- Jim Popp expects that the Jets will release Taylor,next week or early in September.-when teams have to reduce to 53-

Will we keep him/trade him? Time will tell. I don't think that both Taylor and Maypray will be on the "playing" roster -42 players- at the same time. We can't afford this "luxury"

Richard

It appears that Banks has added to an improved defense when he was placed on the active list.

Si Taylor revient, je crois que le facteur dominant pour savoir lequel des deux conservera le poste sera le gain moyen sur les retours. Et c’est là que Taylor a un avantage sur Maypray. Taylor a gagné 1 800 verges sur les retours l’an dernier. Ça fait pas mal de terrain que l’attaque n’a pas eu à aller chercher. Maypray fait du bon boulot, mais il est plus souvent coincé et attend parfois un peu trop longtemps derrières ses bloqueurs. Avec l’expérience, il pourrait s’améliorer sur ce point et devenir très dangereux lui aussi. Mais l’expérience, ça s’achète pas, alors pour y arriver, il faudra qu’il joue… ou qu’il attende que Taylor parte de nouveau.

Je suis tout de même surpris de cette nouvelle, parce que les entraîneurs des Jets avaient eu des très bons mots pour Taylor.

As per CFL transactions-August 28,2010- O.J. santiago has been released from the active roster and LeRoy Vann-DB/RS- added to the practice roster.

Richard

One guy we’ve heard nothing about is Andrew Hawkins. I wonder how his ankle is healing up and when he will resume practice.

Richard youve been mentioning Vann for quite awhile. Hes had an amazing college career as you can see from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NvCMMHXgg

Looks and runs like a combination Ezra Landry/Larry Taylor.

Very surprising no NFL team picked him up after the 49ers released him. Apparently he was having problems handling punts at 49ers camp. Hope it`s curable.

And HfxTC Im also puzzled that we havent seen Hawkins by now. At the Trestman book signing, I asked how Hawkins was doing, Trestman seemed high on him and mentioned he would be ready for the regular season. Unless his ankle injury is taking much longer than anticipated to heal.

Thanks for that Sheldon.

En 2009 -saison régulière- Larry Taylor a accumulé un total 2040 verges; après 8 parties en 2010,Tim Maypray a accumulé un total de 1032 verges. "Si la tendance se maintient", il accumulera 2322 verges en 2010. Rien à envier à Larry Taylor.

Si Taylor est libéré par les Jets,-il pourrait être placé sur l'équipe de pratique- je doute qu'il demeure avec les Alouettes.Il pourrait être échangé. Une possibilité présente sont les Riders de la Sask. Dorsey,qui gagne un salaire élevé, ne répond pas aux exigences.

Richard

Here are what the scouts-Pro Football Weekly 2010 Draft Preview-say/said about LeRoy Vann.

Displays a knack for hitting the crease at full speed. Good vision. Exceptional production.

Very small. Does not have elite top-speed. Durability is a concern.

Instinctive,diminutive,superproductive small-school athlete. Shows an innate sense for the return game.

2008: Returned 38 kickoffs for 1,121 yards and 3 TDs; returned 29 punts for 464 yards and 3 TDs.

2009:Returned 40 kickoffs for 818 yards; returned 29 punts for 569 yards and 5 TDs.

His 11 career returned touchdowns established a Division I-AA record.

Richard

No offense to Maypray, but I'd take LT back in a heartbeat if we can make it work in the SMS. Maypray has more versatility in that you can use him more frequently in our offense, but Taylor is just a better, more dynamic kick returner. We have enough receiver weapons; we don't need to integrate Maypray at that position, particularly when (if?) Hawkins is finally ready to go.

Once again I have to take exception with the harshness of my fellow Als fans.

Maypray is 22 years old and is seeing the field right from his arrival in Montreal. Taylor didn't really contributed to the team till his second season with the Als. Maypray has shown incredible maturity and a a lot of courage for a 22 year old playing a very difficult position in the CFL.

I wish you guys took some things in to account when you make judgements on our guys.

Whoa, dude, relax before you ‘make judgments’ on your fellow fans. :wink:

I understand that Maypray is young and inexperienced. I am also not denying that he’s done a good job in a difficult spot this season. I simply feel that Taylor gives us an explosive quality at the KR position that Maypray doesn’t have.

Judging from your (over)reaction, you’d think I ran over Maypray’s dog with my car. I was just sharing my opinion, which, the last time I checked, was just as good as yours. :slight_smile:

I'm not taking offense with you.

I am saying that Maypray's potential is unrealized because of his age and experience level. You have to look at what Maypray will deliver in a year or two to make a fair comparison. A good example would be Dorsey who arrived with the Riders at the same age as Maypray is today and was traded to Winnipeg to become the league's best...

I believe both of these guys are capable and, able to contribute to the team. Maypray could contribute at other positions [ how about QB ]while Taylor is strictly a returner. Andrew Hawkins is the player we all have been waiting.... and.....waiting...to hear about. He was so impressive last year but is never mentioned by any Al executive/coach etc. What is the story here??? I caught him just a short while back on one of our highlight videos- this guy was great but, where the h... is he???

This kid Leroy Vann's a machine...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NvCMMHXgg&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NvCMMH ... re=related[/url]

I take your point, but potential is just a word. We don’t know for certain what Maypray will deliver in a year or two. We do know what Taylor can deliver right now. Football is a rough business and sometimes a good player can be cut just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. With our offensive struggles this season, it’s doubly imperative for our kick-return game to function effectively, giving our offense a chance to work on a shortened field a good chunk of the time.

But this is one of them good problems to have. :wink: Both Taylor and Maypray are good players in their own distinctive ways.

Screw Taylor and Maypray we want Leroy Vann!! Joking, but geez is my computer busted or something jesus he is quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!! This fellow man has to be in contention for our receiver position.