Als relieve Khari Jones, Barron Miles of coaching duties

MONTREAL — The Montreal Alouettes made a significant move on Wednesday, relieving head coach Khari Jones of his duties. Alouettes’ general manager Danny Maciocia will step in as the team’s head coach until the end of the season. Longtime CFL defensive coordinator Noel Thorpe has been hired to replace defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach Barron Miles, who was also relieved of his duties.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/06/als-relieve-khari-jones-barron-miles-of-coaching-duties/

How long until Steinhauer suffers the same fate?

1 Like

Anyone surprised it wasn't Steinauer first? But all seriousness this isn't a big shocker I expect there will be blood in the water all across the east in the next few weeks.

Dammit you beat me by seconds!

Not surprised but then again thats face it neither QB is doind much for them

Danny Maciocia is not a good choice for a head coach.

3 Likes

Interim head coach. He's not a permanent replacement.

Montreal going down the toilet. How stupid a move is this? A couple of good coaches gone for ones vanity.

3 Likes

A loser who thinks he may become (good luck) a winner.

Haha, he was dying to do this from the get go. He wanted to coach in CFL again. No one would hire him so next best thing become a GM, appoint yourself head coach. Big mistake!

2 Likes

Have fun with that bucket of speculation, none of which has any basis in fact.

2 Likes

Agreed. Khari is great coach. They players loved playing for him. The room is lost already I can guarantee you of that. Really stupid move. Khari was being told who to play and start already. You could see it coming. GM and owner just ruined this team!

5 Likes

He will be permanent, just wait for it.

1 Like

You clearly don't follow the team. Neither Jones nor Miles has been more than mediocre in this league as coaches. It was Jones's fourth year as OC and third as HC and the team was regressing massively. Maciocia is a temporary replacement until the team can make a proper HC hire in the offseason. And Thorpe will be an improvement at DC.

1 Like

We'll see. There is no way the owner makes him a permanent head coach if he doesn't lead the team to success this year. If the team continues to struggle, he'll hire someone else.

1 Like

Can't say it was a big surprise...failure to adjust when the Riders came out with a different game plan in the second half puzzled me last week. I figured after the first Riders drive they would change something up to at least slow them down.

1 Like

KJ could not adjust at halftime. Has been a problem his whole time here. If we happened to have the answer or our players were just dominating/having great nights, we won. But quite frequently, we had nothing in the third quarter and games got away from us.

1 Like

...and everyone forgets Danny has a Grey Cup win under his belt too....

1 Like

Two, I believe. One as OC in 2003, one as head coach in 2005.

1 Like

So called Rider fans trashing Cody Fajardo really don't have much credibility Imo.