Als Looking to Play 2021 Season at BIG O (Olympic Stadium)

Hilarious and sad and true. Well said.

1 Like

Like many of us,we miss the Cfl. Hopefully we will have a season. i'd go for sure,at lease the bathrooms won't have a lineup. Unless they closed some off.:rainbow::football::beer:

1 Like

11 000 is with the upper levels occupied. I don't know how many season ticket holders will be happy getting relocated from their McGill seats to the attic of the BigO. This is not going to be simple or easy.

With 11 000 paying fans and all the cost cutting that went on, the losses may be manageable (3 to 5 million) range, not fun by any means but better than losing the entire business.
5.5 million in TV money + 5 million is ticket sales+ 3 million in sponsors and merch+ 2.5 million in concessions = 16 million

2 Likes

You don't have to put STHs in the upper bowl. Keep the spectators in the lower bowl close to the action as possible. They can section off a few rows of seating to adhere to social distancing. The Als have to treat their loyal STGs like gold because they were patient when there was no 2020 CFL season

2 Likes

The Director of the RIO said they can have 5000 in the lower bowl and 11 000 if they open up the upper bowl. Not me saying it its the guy that runs the place.

2 Likes

I read it as that 11,000 will be in the upper bowl rather then the lower for health safety reasons.

I listened to the interview. its 5000 but if the team wants to pay $$$ they can open the upper bowl as well and that will bring total capacity to 11 000

1 Like