als-lions II

Of our remaining healthy DBs, I think Williams has the best chance of sticking around next year. The rest? Not impressive.

Resulting in injuries to Bourke and Watkins, here is how the 46 player active roster could look. For most of 2011 regular season,we have had 24 imports and 22 non-imports. My options would be 25 imports and 21 non-imports.

Option 1:
Out: Bourke-N,OL- and Watkins- I,WR, injured; I would transfer Curtis Dublanko-N,LB- to injury list or practice roster.

I would add:John Hashem-N,OL-,Jeraill McCuller-I,OL- and Bear Woods-I,LB-

At game time, assuming that Winnipeg has won against Calgary and knowing that we can no longer finish 1st, I would replace Brandon Whitaker with Emmanuel Marc and Diamond Ferri with Bear Woods.

Option 2:
Same as Option 1,except Bo Bowling,I,WR- would replace McCuller.

Option 3:
Same as Option 1,except Bo Bowling-I,WR- would replace Bear Woods-I,LB-.

Option4:

Same as last game,except Hashem and McCuller would replace Bourke and Watkins.

If McCuller starts,Eric Deslauriers would have to start of Kerry Carter.

In all options, Tim Maypray will replace Rashid Slaughter as KR.

Richard

As last game,except Bourke and Watkins would be replaced by Hashem and McCuller. No other changes.

According to Jim Popp,on CJAD, Jeraill McCuller-I- will be the left tackle,replacing Josh Bourke.

With regards to KR, Tim Maypray will practice Wednesday and Thursday; Bo Bowling is also a possibily. We won't probably know before Friday.

Richard

As the season’s progressed I’ve seen little to complain about from Paul Woldu
He’s certainly been steadier than Dix, Parker or Hecht.
I know he’s Canadian
And so disqualified from any consideration in the minds of American coaches
But a little sense would be nice at this point

Woldu is another one who cant wait to get out of here. I cant blame him.

Well, who knows what to expect this weekend?

The Als have not been playing with confidence of late. To be sure, the injuries to key personnel in the secondary have hurt us and now with the latest injuries to Bourke and Watkins things are that much bleaker. Added to this is the fact that the Als have always had trouble winning in BC even when BC was struggling. I don't know why they don't fly out earlier to deal with the jet lag. Of course that would add to the team expenses and we all know that CFL teams tend to work on "shoestring" budgets - too bad!

I'm not expecting much and first place in the East may well be settled before the game begins. The Als' season may also be over by next weekend. This, of course, is the worst scenario! That's what happens when you can't take care of busness.

As a fan I remain hopeful that Calgary will do us a favour and that somehow we can come up with a win in BC. That would give us 2 weeks to prepare for the final and perhaps we could have some players come off the IRL. That's the positive view and I hope for the best for our Als. It sure has been a difficult season, hasn't it? However, it is in precisely such situations that heroes are born. Let's hope we discover a few on Saturday!

Go Als go!!!!

This is a big game. Can't go into the post season with a 3 game losing streak.

Yes Woldu is the one member of the defensive players who impressed us all. HFx, you mentioned that Woldu is " another one who can't wait to get out of here". The inference appears to suggestion there is some type of malaise on the team. I would appreciate your further comments. National Post is predicting a win by BC.

Woldu can start in this league and there are teams like Saskatchewan and Edmonton and BC that have no problem starting a NI DB. I suspect Anwar Stewart will also be moving on. Anderson, Watkins, Flory, Boulay and Bourke are also possibilities.

You really think Flory is going to move on at his age? He’s the only one whose departure I’d care about, except for Bourke, who I am sure Popp will make every effort to re-sign. Why would Josh go elsewhere? He’s part of a great offense here and he’s very well-paid. Anwar is my hero, but he’s got one, maybe two years left in this league, and he’s not an every-down lineman anymore, despite his second-half resurgence this year. Watkins is past his prime. Boulay played his way off the team. Woldu? Meh. Playing as part of a rotation with Laybourn at wide-side corner isn’t enough to convince me he can be a starter in this league.

YES WE CAN BE CRITICAL! DESPITE THE INJURIES.
-NO SPECIAL TEAMS COACH. I MEAN A REAL SPECIAL TEAMS COACH; NOT JUST SOME DUDE WITH THE TITLE…
-NOT ENOUGH RUNNING PLAYS, ESPECIALLY IN THE 4TH QUARTER;
-A RECORD NUMBER OF BONEHEADED PENALTIES TAKEN BY THE ALS;
-TIBESAR’S (WITH TRESTMAN’S APPROVAL…) SH*TTY PREVENT DEFENSE, THAT PREVENTS ALS FROM WINNING;
-TRESTMAN’S STUBBORNNESS AND LIVE AND DIE MANTRA (OR MAYBE, DIE AND LOSE) WITH CALVILLO;
-TRESTMAN’S STUBBORNNESS FOR CALLING THE SAME PLAYS OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EVEN IF THE OPPONENT IS TAKING THOSE PLAYS AWAY (ALBERTO EINSTEIN THE NERD SAID, ONLY FOOLS KEEP DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS…);

JOHNNY CAN’T STAND ROD BLACK!!! OK, THAT LAST ONE IS NOT UNDER CONTROL OF THE ALOUETTES.

what's with all the caps.. give it a rest!

Just do like the rest of us and add him to the list... He's "That Guy"...

Well, the only sign of hope so far is the fact that Hamilton can’t seem to get this dual QB system in gear. Neither one, while showing flashes of brilliance at times, can seem to get the job done. Further, the Ticats rested some of their starters. This may be a good omen for the Als as we are likely to meet them in the semi.

Frankly, I am not rexpecting an Als’ W tomorrow preceded by a Winnipeg loss. It has been a record-breaking season for AC and Jamel and Brandon have distinguised themselves, but for some reason or other, we have not been able to seal the deal. This never bodes well upon entering the playoffs. Championship teams are able to find another gear and finish teams off. Mind you, I would love nothing better than to finish first, but it doesn’t appear a liklihood at this point.

In spite of what happens in Calgary, the Als have to play hard and win, if for no other reason than to get into “playoff mode” (even though we have been in a de facto playoff mode for the last three weeks!). So far, the Als have not answered the bell, but I hope that the coaching staff is really going to earn their pay and prepare our boys well for tomorrow’s game.

Could be a mistake but,as per the latest Als roster,Sandro DeAngelis is no longer on the roster; he has been replaced,on 46 player roster, by Daunte Akra. Will he be added to 1 game injury list or has he been released?

Richard

Sur ce point précis, notre saison de cette année ressemble à celle des Roughriders l’an dernier, avec un bon départ, un peu d’hésitation, une bonne séquence et des défaites en fin de saison. Les Alouettes doivent effectivement trouver le moyen de gagner de façon convaincante et si cette dernière partie comporte un enjeu, ce serait la meilleure occasion de le faire.

In spite of what happens in Calgary, the Als have to play hard and win, if for no other reason than to get into "playoff mode" (even though we have been in a de facto playoff mode for the last three weeks!). So far, the Als have not answered the bell, but I hope that the coaching staff is really going to earn their pay and prepare our boys well for tomorrow's game.
Ici, je diffère d'opinion. Si les Blue Bombers gagnent, autant faire jouer nos substituts à Vancouver. Devant une partie qui ne voudrait plus rien dire, pourquoi faire jouer les réguliers qui devront affronter les Timinous la semaine suivante? Pourquoi risquer d'autres blessures coûteuses et pourquoi ne pas reposer nos partants? Même si les Alouettes gagnaient cette partie avec les réguliers, pourrait-on réellement parler de momentum compte tenu des deux dernières parties? Pour ma part, dans ces circonstances, je mettrais l'équipe B- sur le terrain.

You can only travel with a limited roster anyway and coach is already stated that no matter what happens to Winnipeg, Montreal is going in BC with the intent on winning the game and playing a whole 60 minutes. Calvillo confirmed that barring injury he's playing 60 minutes, he feels they are very, very close to executing at the level they need to.

This team needs to put 60 minutes of disciplined football together on the three phases of the game. Coach says its a challenge, he's told his players they should see it as an enjoyable challenge.

For all intent and purposes this is a playoff game. I like the team's mindset going in. A win in BC would lift this team up huge.

De ce point de vue, ça pourrait même être un prélude à la Coupe Grey.

One would have thought this should have been there mindset (including Trestman and Milanovich) two weeks ago against the Bombers when they had the chance to lock up first place.

You don’t think it was ?