Al's Lapointe Retires

Montreal, MontrealAlouettes.com - Montreal-born running back Éric Lapointe officially announced his retirement from professional football today and will not be part of the Alouettes’ next training camp after eight CFL seasons including the last six with Montreal.
[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15159][b]Al's News Website[/url][/b]

Thanks for all those seasons, especially the 2005 East Finals in T.O. !
You made a true believer out of me that day !

Calvillo hands-off to Lapointe - TD !

I'll never forget that day !

Yeah...he played amazing in that game. Toronto was left shaking their heads after that one. I always felt he had talent but just couldn't shake off the injuries. He always seem to take his role as second string running back well no matter who was in front of him. A great specialty teams player as well and class act all the way. All the best Eric!

Good Canadian running back , always worked hard and it is a shame that injuries had to hold him back. Now Montreal will have to rely on the likes of Dahran Deidrick, Avon Coubourne, and Andrew Hamilton to back up Robert Edwards (unless another backup is signed). Montreal was lucky to have this guy, since you only see a good canadian RB every couple years.

Enjoy your retirement Eric.

it would be awesome to see him join the Mount A. coaching staff, or join the program somehow, he built that university football program, after he left Mount A went 5 straight years without a win. It would be extra incentive for the guys there to build stronger, Mount A. is on the rise, i know a few guys from the provincial programs who are excellent recuits who all got schollarships to there. lapoint and lalonde would make a sick combo, haha :lol: