Als' Kicker, Whyte, Blames Refs for Loss

Thats far from the truth
The penality would have given Montreal a first down

I was at the game(Annual Fan Train Game) and to be honest…I didnt even know about it until I read it in the paper. I PVRed it and it seems to me that Murray hit his leg with his chest (Whyte did milk it a bit though) I will have to watch it again

I agree as well
Seems you cant breath on the QB with out drawing a flag yet kickers are getting drilled an refs look the other way…I remember the play where McCallum was roughed and there was no flag.

Finally at no point did Whyte blame the ref for the lose…He is complaining that kickers are not being protected…

He could be complaining about his own blockers when he says kickers should be protected!

So could the QB's

Funny thing though

I expect him to be fined yet I have yet to hear anything. Anyone hear about a fine?

Yup...He was fined

Go to the Alouettes forum board and check it out.Whyte is the Al's fans biggest whipping boy this year,this has been going on long before this game and basically all season,they even have a nickname for him(Pippin)not sure what exactly it stands for,but I'm pretty sure it isn't complimentary.Perhaps one of the Al's posters can fill us all in on the meaning of that nickname,and the origin of it.Judging by the title of the first link provided it has something to do with a hobbit???I'm sure that this latest episode about crying about officiating,will most certainly help his cause,and no doubt make him more popular than ever in Montreal. :roll: :lol:

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86365 http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86337

True. If he had made the field goal and the penalty had been called, Montreal probably would have accepted the penalty, allowing them to continue the drive. That’s at least a 7 point swing, more likely a 10 or 14 point swing. But had he made the field goal without the penalty being called, they would have declined the penalty, for a 10 point swing.

It didn’t look to me like Whyte’s foot actually made contact with Murray’s chest. If it did, Proulx probably wouldn’t have been able to see that; however, he definitely would have seen Murray’s arm hit Whyte’s ankle.

I wonder if Proulx would have called the penalty had Whyte either not fallen completely or gotten up right away rather than lying there like he was dead. Was not calling it payment for the embellishment?

Proux is awful. The most maligned official in the league and everyone here knows it. It should have been called but it still has no effect on the fact he missed the kick. The embellishment also had an impact on the return of his missed kick. I’ve also seen Whyte “act” on his tackling assignment. There is a reason why he’s our whipping boy.

Whyte's a cry baby. suck it up.

To state what could or should be the mantra for this site, "It didn't happen to my team so it's OK".

Sorry. I didn’t realize I was breaking the rules. :wink:

Totally agree. Have not seen kicking be this bad in a long time.

Be careful with the percentages though. The last few seasons coaches have all but abandoned field goals over 50 yards. In the old days those hurt the averages of kickers. The percentages therefore should be taken with a grain of salt. …Whyte shorted what …a 45 yarder? (and it wasn’t even close). Don’t recall Ridgway, Lui, or Ozzie doing that too many times. As Drummer said an embarrassment to professionalism.

Teams need to start employing 2 guys for punting and placekicking. Sick and tired of seeing guys good at on, and only mediocre in the other (or during this season, a guy who stinks at BOTH jobs) :roll:

League should mandate teams dress two kickers like they do with Quarterbacks where they force teams to have 3 of them dressed. It would look wonderful if during the GC game a team loses its only kicker early in the game…

So how and why did he get the nickname of Pippin???? Not a big movie goer so I'm not upto snuff on who exactly this Pippin character is,all I know is that he might be a Hobbit.Maybe Hxftc can jump in and explain the origin of Sean "Pippin" Whyte. :roll: :slight_smile:

One of our guys nicknamed him after Peregrin “Pippin” Took of the book The Lords of the Ring and it stuck. He kind of looks like the actor who plays a Hobbit.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/4a/bc/4abcde0c6a577aa7f8d626a33aded0d8.jpg?itok=WAP6M7Hs

http://www.mgsrvr.com/d1fbccc699b15326fe441b1f9385f317.jpeg

LOL!!! Thanx Hfx…too funny!! Looking at the pics they could be twins :lol: Hilarious,thanks again :slight_smile:

Proulx is the worst Ref in the league, hands down.

He’s a manic wreck! Its like having Liberace reffing a game.

Probably wasn't a good idea to reference the McCallum "hit". Mentioning that ridiculous Canuck-like dive when nobody was within 10 feet of him doesn't offer much credibility.