Als Free Agents.......Do you want any of them?

From TSN.ca

"They include nine starters - Calvillo, Cahoon, Chiu, Flory, defensive backs Davis Sanchez and Mark Estelle, defensive linemen Anwar Stewart and Devone Claybrooks and receiver Brian Bratton.

The others are tailback Mike Imoh, safety Etienne Boulay, offensive linemen Luke Fritz and Dave Mudge, special teams men Shawn Gallant and Walter Spencer and two players who were injured for nearly the entire season, slotbacks Dave Stala and Elijah Thurmon."

Are there any players that you would take????

Anwar Stewart, Etienne Boulay, Shawn Gallant, and Dave Stalla

The Ticats should be seriously interested in Claybrooks (a very good pocket-pushing DT), Bratton (this guy didn't drop a pass all year) and at least one (if not two) of the O-Linemen. But I don't think the Als will let the first two guys I mentioned get away.

I hope Obie doesn't throw starter money at Stala. This guy is banged up and his best days are behind him.

Dave "Sticky" Stalla is worth a Look
I Would love to see Sticky get shot back here.
As long we don't throw huge money at him
He be upgrade over alot of Canadian WR's

I'm interested in all of 'em.

'Cept AC.

Thurmon is the guy you should be targeting. He's a big, reliable possession receiver who can be effective in the slot on short and intermediate routes. He'd be a great complement to P. Rod (deep threat). Don't touch Stala, the guy can't walk to the grocery store without getting injured.

As for Claybrooks and our O-linemen, not sure they'll make it to free agency.

Ah but discipline I think Popp will try hard to re-sign Thurmon, as insurance if Richardson heads to the NFL.

the Al's FA  include nine starters - Calvillo, Cahoon, Chiu, Flory, defensive backs Davis Sanchez and Mark Estelle, defensive linemen Anwar Stewart and Devone Claybrooks and receiver Brian Bratton.

The others are tailback Mike Imoh, safety Etienne Boulay, offensive linemen Luke Fritz and Dave Mudge, special teams men Shawn Gallant and Walter Spencer and two players who were injured for nearly the entire season, slotbacks Dave Stala and Elijah Thurmon.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=257182&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_cfl

True dat. But we have limited space and cap room and Popp might not be able to re-sign everyone he wants to.

I'd like to see Claybrooks,Braton, and Stala..

Stala if healthy would be a good Canadian pick up
I may be wrong but didn't Stala grow up in Hamilton and go to Cathedral H.S.?

Yes he did

Almost all of these Als would represent an upgrade on what the Cats have. However, all things being equal I think most will resign with Montreal. They have some unfinished business to take care of in 2009.

If the money was right, I'd take AC In a heartbeat. What a mentor he could be for Porter for a year or two. The guy is the consummate pro. But AC is not going anywhere. Nor is Cahoon, Chiu.....

An Argo-Cat fan

AC 2 years 1.25 million and Luke Fritz and Dave Mudge

I think we will have a shot at Anwar Stewart. The Als if they decide to keep one it will be the younger Claybrooks. If the Als decide not to sign any of the other starters, it'll be Sanchez. he might be a nice veteran fit in the secondary but we will probably have to over pay to get him.As for Boulay don't forget we have Dylan Barker coming back.Calvillo will stay in Montreal for one more year retire an Al. Besides, didn't we run him out of town already? Of the o lineman Mudge or Fritz will be the only two Montreal probably wouldn't resign but it's more likely they will only let one of them go.

I seriously doubt that Calvillo will end his CFL career in Hamilton of all places. Either he re-signs with the Als for another year or he retires. Changing teams at this point makes no sense.

I think you guys have an excellent shot at most of our other free agents, though. As I said before, Thurmon is the guy to target on offense. Claybrooks should be your focus on defense.

Of those that could be available and could help the Ticats probably Luke Fritz, he's young and durable and is looking for some playing time. Bratton dropped many passes right in the numbers. I don't think he would make an impact of any kind. Sanchez as asked to come back for a year. Claybrooks is only interested playing for a contender (Playoff money). Stala is pretty much finished unfortunately. Thurmon had a bad injury.

Flory,Chiu,AC wouldn't play anywhere but Montreal. Cahoon might be attracted playing out west to finish off his carreer. Lambert is going to work in the family business and will look at what he wants to do come training camp.

So Fritz is the most likely to be interested, Sanchez if he isn't offered a contract by Montreal and Claybrooks if the money is right...

Take Chiu off the list. He just resigned with Montreal.

An Argo-Cat fan