Today in the Rider game saw an Al's player with what is one of the dirtiest plays of the year. The player left his feet using his helmet as point of contact. Fortunately the Rider player got up.
Here is the problem for the CFL
- There where 2 officials with a clean view
- The TSN crew cheered the hit
- The Al's player ran into the hit ( it was not incidental contact )
- The Al's player left his feet jumping head first into the Rider
- The Al's player used his helmet as principal contact to the head of the Rider.
There was zero calls on the play.[url=https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/status/789966111555002368]https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/sta ... 1555002368[/url]
Enough is Enough. When is the CFL going to deal with dirty head shots? After someone is crippled?
Surprised HTXC isn't also posting given his firm stance on those hits.
What about 2 officials having a clear view and not calling it? Do they really not understand the rules regarding head shots? Injuries are up and it is of no surprise. This play best of all demonstrates they inconsistent and bizarre officiating this year.