Al's Dirty Hit

Today in the Rider game saw an Al's player with what is one of the dirtiest plays of the year. The player left his feet using his helmet as point of contact. Fortunately the Rider player got up.

Here is the problem for the CFL

• There where 2 officials with a clean view
  • The TSN crew cheered the hit
  • The Al's player ran into the hit ( it was not incidental contact )
  • The Al's player left his feet jumping head first into the Rider
  • The Al's player used his helmet as principal contact to the head of the Rider.

There was zero calls on the play.

[url=https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/status/789966111555002368]https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/sta ... 1555002368[/url]

Enough is Enough. When is the CFL going to deal with dirty head shots? After someone is crippled?
Surprised HTXC isn't also posting given his firm stance on those hits.
What about 2 officials having a clear view and not calling it? Do they really not understand the rules regarding head shots? Injuries are up and it is of no surprise. This play best of all demonstrates they inconsistent and bizarre officiating this year.

There was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been a penalty and there will be a fine.

Sorry about your trauma.

There was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been a penalty and there will be a fine.

Sorry about your trauma.

So all of your previous rants about head shots are just that… rants - Ok. I disagree with your support/trivializing of dirty head shots. I doubt you would have the same opinion if it was another team doing that to an Al’s player. But eh if Al’s fans support that kinds stuff that’s your right :roll:

First you wrongly accuse me, now you are quoting my response which isn’t partisan or dishonest and then claim that I am trivializing. When I say “sorry about your trauma” I mean you ! As it appears my comments cause you mental anguish.

I’m not too sure where your going with this. I’ll let the rest of the crew make their own opinion.

I think the rules have made the officiating worse. There was also the case of Jovon Johnson who was concussed and allowed to play till he was hit again and wobbling back in the play, till Pierre Vercheval physically got up in the booth and lost his mind, they then blew the whistle and sent someone to pull him off the field. Then there was the magical offside on Cox fumble return touchdown. Where RDS showed the still and the closest Als #95 was clearly a yard off the ball and most two yards off. There was Durant who should have been penalized 10 yards when he was sacked.

[i]Calm down drama queen :roll: He agreed with you. So does Johnny. It was a dirty illegal hit.

You don’t want Als fans to agree with you. You want to go on a crusade and be a martyr. Grow up and grow a pair. Maybe try wearing pants…[/i]

Sorry about your trauma.

So all of your previous rants about head shots are just that… rants - Ok. I disagree with your support/trivializing of dirty head shots. I doubt you would have the same opinion if it was another team doing that to an Al’s player. But eh if Al’s fans support that kinds stuff that’s your right :roll:

First you wrongly accuse me, now you are quoting my response which isn’t partisan or dishonest and then claim that I am trivializing. When I say “sorry about your trauma” I mean you ! As it appears my comments cause you mental anguish.

I’m not too sure where your going with this. I’ll let the rest of the crew make their own opinion.

I think the rules have made the officiating worse. There was also the case of Jovon Johnson who was concussed and allowed to play till he was hit again and wobbling back in the play, till Pierre Vercheval physically got up in the booth and lost his mind, they then blew the whistle and sent someone to pull him off the field. Then there was the magical offside on Cox fumble return touchdown. Where RDS showed the still and the closest Als #95 was clearly a yard off the ball and most two yards off. There was Durant who should have been penalized 10 yards when he was sacked.

My post that you responded to was just that - your response to my post - So your comments that in some way it caused me mental anguish is not only false but kinda bizarre. No missed calls on the other team justifies that kind of hit… 0n any player of any team. It reads as if you feel that since other calls were missed it in some way lessens that play? My opinion ( which I recognize is different then yours ) is that the play in question was dirty - reckless and not justified by any other play - or lessened in its severity by any missed or wrong call. I would hate to see players use the same “hit” in future games on any player.

Given your previous posting re head shots I had suspected you would be posting about this one - That was my mistake … thought you were against dirty head shots by any player of any team. So we will have to agree to disagree.

[i]Again! You make the same argument, only unnecessarily longer…

He AGREED with you. He only took exception because you wet your panties crying for the wambulance. And here you return, crying louder and longer. :roll: [/i]

Sorry about your trauma.

[i]Calm down drama queen :roll: He agreed with you. So does Johnny. It was a dirty illegal hit.

You don’t want Als fans to agree with you. You want to go on a crusade and be a martyr. Grow up and grow a pair. Maybe try wearing pants…[/i]

Drama queen? Grow a pair? Grow up? tsk tsk tsk

You and your ilk are destroying this forum. You talk in third person and always seem to insult people. I posted in regards to what was a extremely dirty head shot. I had thought one of the forums most outspoken advocates against head shots would have beat me to it ( its not you ). If you don’t like my post don’t read it. But give your middle school childish trolling a break.

First you wrongly accuse me, now you are quoting my response which isn't partisan or dishonest and then claim that I am trivializing. When I say "sorry about your trauma" I mean you ! As it appears my comments cause you mental anguish.

My post that you responded to was just that - your response to my post - So your comments that in some way it caused me mental anguish is not only false but kinda bizarre. No missed calls on the other team justifies that kind of hit… 0n any player of any team. It reads as if you feel that since other calls were missed it in some way lessens that play? My opinion ( which I recognize is different then yours ) is that the play in question was dirty - reckless and not justified by any other play - or lessened in its severity by any missed or wrong call. I would hate to see players use the same “hit” in future games on any player.

Given your previous posting re head shots I had suspected you would be posting about this one - That was my mistake … thought you were against dirty head shots by any player of any team. So we will have to agree to disagree.

[i]Again! You make the same argument, only unnecessarily longer…

He AGREED with you. He only took exception because you wet your panties crying for the wambulance. And here you return, crying louder and longer. :roll: [/i]

Again with the childish trolling. You don’t like the thread then ignore it. Although I am a man - your comments referring to wetting panties is sexist to say the lest. People have the right to post … that seems to much for you to understand

The lack of response from all of the Roughriders players is embarrassing. You’d think one or two of them would have at least gone up to Venables and told him that wasn’t cool.

… and HfxTC did reply to your post succinctly, and he agrees with you! You made your point.

We all seen it, it was a dirty shot, period, it should of been called, it may of allowed the Riders 1 more play, maybe they score maybe they don’t, we will never know, but the player and the ref needs to be fined, this should never happen to any player or team!!

I was soo pissed at that. The Riders should have had another play but no one clued in, The officials, The Riders, NOBODY!! Even the panel afterwards thought wow big hit. He lowered the top of his head when he jumped into the Rider. Horrible dirty play by the dirtest defence in the league by far and the officials are clueless. We need the ability for someone at CFL control to do something on plays like that. We're trying to get concussions out of the game and then that type of BS is allowed. I'm not a fan of either team in the least but I am a fan our this league which is screwed right now with it's officials and review system.

Speaking of which how many times does Ricky Ray have to take questionable hits all year long. The hit when he was rolled into and out with a knee injury, no call. The late hit when he released the ball was grabbed run backwards and drilled down and landed on. No call even after review and he was out again with cracked ribs and a punctured lung. This is a Hall Of Fame qb who is as tough as they come and NEVER bitches or complains. The toughest classiest qb this league had ever seen who gets zero respect. Other qb's get touched and flags shoot into the sky.

This^^^^^

If the penalty which should have been called, then the ball would have been placed around the MTL 25 yard line with 1 play for the endzone left for SSK in a 5 point game. A high percentage chance denied for a TD, or PI in the endzone or maybe an Illegal contact penalty which would result in another higher % play. Or it just could have fallen incomplete.
Could and should have been a wild ending!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The league has created a monster they cannot control with video review, the last thing we need is to expand its use. Review the play on Monday with an eye to supplemental discipline, but ABSOLUTELY DO NOT expand it to the game.

Video review has come to be the magic fix for everything wrong with officiating in the CFL when in fact video review has done more to contribute to the decline that any other factor. You want to fix this problem clarify the rules. Penalize ALL high tackles regardless of intent or initial point of contact (5 yds), direct head contact (10 yds) and deliberate targeting of the head (15 yds). Place the responsiblity for the area of contact on the tackled; both hockey and rugby call high hits in this way why not football too. The league needs to address the hits themselves and put the responsibility for those hits on the tackler not just slow the game down with yet another video review situation with a system that gets way too many calls wrong.

For me it's 2 teams out of the playoffs .... so we can park any thoughts of the impact on the outcome.

This is about intent. In other head shots this year there has been the slightest of openings to argue intent - could the player have avoided the hit - did either play duck to avoid the hit causing the head to be contacted incidentally.

In this play the intent to head butt is clear - was intentional and premeditated. 2 officials had the hit in view and the tsn announcers cheered the hit - with the benefit of replay.

All the work the cfl has done regarding hear shots is now completely undone. We are back to square one. If the officials can't apply the rules on a hit so clear ..... it would be near impossible for them to understand the application of the rule in a grey situation.

As a repeat offender I would hope this draws the maximum fine and suspension .... and public rebuke of the officials

If the whistle was blown because forward progress was stopped and the clock hit zero and the hit came after that. None of what you claim is possible and possibly what happened based on officials reaction. Everybody here thinks they could officiate the game better than our officials but that’s BS.

I’ll wait to see for the league’s discipline review of this weekend’s games.

The rider player was still in bounds and the play live

[url=https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/status/789966111555002368]https://twitter.com/jonathanwhudson/sta ... 1555002368[/url]

please comment after viewing this.

Even though the play was live .... I disagree that it lessens the seriousness of hit if the whistle had gone. The officials would have to call the play dead then declare the game over .... in that order.

In my opinion if it happened after the game ended it is a criminal matter. It actually makes the hit much much worse.

From gif it is clear that the rider is still in motion and the contact initiated when the game was still in play.