Als @ Bombers

"]

They weren’t that good last year…they finished 10-8… Three of those wins were against Hamilton. They completely choked down the stretch coughing up first place after only needing to win 3 of their final six games to wrap up first place…
They squeeked by Montreal in the playoffs… Toronto let them win and Sask nearly handed them the Grey Cup.
Remember last season was possibly the most most boring CFL season in over 30 years… Every team has gotten alot more offensively minded this year and teams are scoring more points… Doug Berry’s coaching style (save for the game against Calgary) is too conservative to compete in the new high scoring CFL…
P.S. Check the scores from last year… How many games did the Bombers win by 10 points or less… I think almost all of them… With the other teams scoring more points the Bombers have simply been left behind

Well, if they’d stop playing like the friggin’ Ti-Cats… :lol:

We got 45 last night…beats 4 :wink:

Geez. Does Winnipeg need a new kicker? :?

Call up that Westwood guy! I miss seeing a player with a pnoytail anyway.

They may have to…

And that penalty was a joke. :roll:

ticats are gonna MURDER these boys from winnipeg next week.

If Berry is still their coach next week I sure hope so.

Berry must have read the Short fuse thread!
He seems quite calm tonight

Now it starts. The quarterback controversy, and the bring back westwood talk. Your kicker(winnipeg) sure does suck though.

I hope this ends the Dinwiddie experiment. If the Bombers want to get back into the playoff race, they'll need to do it with Glenn at the controls.

Congrats Als fans, a thorough beat down inflicted tonight.

I don't care what anyone else says about you guys only beating the bottom dwellers, you were full marks for your win tonight.

The jury is still out on whether my Als can beat a team not named the Tiger-Cats or the Blue Bombers. That being said, I thought Winnipeg's D played a whale of a game tonight and deserved better than to lose the way they did. Holding our offense to 6 field goals and 2 TDs is commendable when you consider how ineffective the Bomber offense was. They got tired at the end but that's all on the O.

Good game by the Als. Duval and the offense is playing great! Taylor has brought some life back into the kick return game and that offensive line is back from the dead.

I guess the 'nay' sayers will still doubt them next week if they beat Toronto (who has been destroyed twice now by Hamilton). However, if I look at the 3 loses, although Calgary fully deserved that win against the Als, the latter would have beaten the Lions and the Riders had they not shot themselves in the foot.