ALS awareness

Yesterday I was at the annual softball game in Quebec city for the ALS society of Quebec. There was Pedro Martinez, Moises Alou and Tim Raines and Vinnie Damphousse without his wife. All the players were wearing number 23 in memory of Tony Proudfoot. This year's montreal walk will be held at Parc Maisonneuve september 10th which would have been Tony Proudfoot's 62nd birthday. Alouettes players will be present. Come one come all. :thup:

At the very same time a walk will be held at Parc Moussette in Gatineau.

for other events go to http://www.sla-quebec.ca

Le defi des Collines is held this sunday at 8AM at Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley in the eastern townships to raise money for ALS. you can run from 5,5K up to 30K and there's a race for the kids. Starts a 8:30 AM. registration is 20-60$ depending on the distance you want to run. I'll go for the 5,5K. A good run takes the stress away from what should be a tough labour day matchup. all the details are on the als-quebec website.

Orioles lead the als 2-1 in baseball and their next home game is thursday. Same night the Carabins have their home opener against McGill. Oh to be 2 places at once if I could. :cry:

they expected 200 people and there turned out to be 650 in that little eastern townships town. had to get up early to get to that one.
glad the riders won. 9 hours left before the fan train.

go als go

orioles start round 2 tuesday night at home against three rivers. baseball als bit the dust in 5. football als will do better.