Als at Stampeders

RDS writes that Eric Deslauriers injured his right leg and had to leave/quit today's practice. Minor injury? They don't say.

Five players did not practice; they are/were: Jermaine McElveen,Diamond Ferri,Tim Maypray, Andrew Woodruff and J.P. Bekasiak. Personnally, I don't expect that McElveen and Bekasiak will play in Calgary; they should play on September 5,2011 against Hamilton. We should know more early next week.

Richard

I wonder if Woodruff will play against Calgary. Bomben did a good job in relief, but I’d prefer Anthony to have his entire O-line healthy against Chris Jones and his swarming defense. Also, if Woodruff can’t go, might we finally see Steenburgen as the sixth lineman?

Didier Ormejuste from RDS said that if Maypray cant go saturday, Whitaker would be doing kick returns. Are they that stupid? Get the st kicked out of him running the ball, and get the sit kicked out of him by a swarm of hungry special team players. We need him! He's amazing this year more than i would of ever expected. If he gets hurt were in big s**t!

Probably allows them to dress Hopkins instead of putting in a rookie returner. He won’t do worse than Maypray.

If Maypray is hurt, we need another returner. Whitaker's job is on O!

If the Alouettes resort to that…well they would be just plain stupid
I can’t believe any team’d be idiotic enough to risk their starting (and only) tailback returning kicks

Bratton will probably get the call if Maypray can’t do it
At this point…it could only be an improvement

They'd be idiotic to go with Whitaker. My guess is Bratton and Ferri will split return duties if Maypray can't go.

agreed on this one !

Busy day saturday.

ALS walk in sherbrooke in the AM. Catch als-stamps game in Quebec city in the PM before going to Henri-Casault park in Charlesbourg for game 2 of the Orioles-Alouettes series.

A Triple header ALS day. lol.

Love the Stamps fans on gostampsgo. very classy folk. :cowboy:

Absolument. Bratton et Ferri peuvent aussi faire le boulot, ce qui a l’avantage de ne pas hypothéquer Whitaker.

Je ne crois pas que Whitaker va être le retourneur officiel. Seulement une possibilité parmi d’autres ou un peu de brouillard lancé par Trestman.

As per CFL transactions of today, Chima Ihekwoaba-DE- has been transferred from the practice roster to the active roster.

Richard

I saw Whitaker working out at returner a little bit last practise I went to
It didn’t look very serious and he only got a touch or two
No doubt you’re right
He’s a “returner of last resort”

Well, I don't know what to think about this one. To be sure, Calgary is a great team. I believe the key to a W for the Als is a repeat performance of the D we played against RR and the Esks. We have seen that when enough pressure is applied, Burris will hurry his throws, and even throw picks. So, we have to use a disguised blitz package and not allow Burris to make his reads. A few picks would be nice, too.

On O, we have to get off to a fast start and rack up points early on. Against the Stamps, we must establish the ground game to keep the LBs honest.

On STs? Well, we don't know about Maypray yet; we may see some new bodies back there. So far, Whyte is doing great on FGs and his punts are steadily improving. Last week, we did a great job on containing and protecting the lanes. Result? No long returns. Gotta repeat this one, too. I think this might be a close one. Of course, I always prefer a blow-out, but I will settle for a W.

Go Als go!!!

According to RDS, Tim Maypray and Diamond Ferri were not practicing. Bo Bowling and Perry Floyd were the returners.

I doubt that Maypray and Ferri will play in Calgary. Hopkins and McElveen will both play,I presume. Bowling or Floyd will replace Maypray.

Richard

I'm not at all sure about this game either
Frankly...I'd say that the whole rest of the season rests on whether the week 7 defence is real
Or simply an illusion created by an Edmonton team that's hit the skids

As far as Calgary goes...there's no question that Burris is vulnerable
He doesn't like being pressured...and can definitely be put off his game
Calvillo on the other hand showed real poise in the pocket against a pretty intense pass rush by the Eskimos.

Establish the run...protect the quarterback...sure the lines will determine the outcome...as usual
I'm hoping our d-line isn't another "emperor's new clothes"
If it is...you know where you heard it first
Hooray
Oh

:?

Go Als!

Agreed, Senior. The Als-Esks game made it look like the Als meant business and kept the pedal to the metal for 60 minutes. To my mind at least, that is a winning formula. The next 3 games will really show us what kind of team the Als are. No game can ever be taken for granted, but these next three are against teams that have played well so far this season.

So, let's hope our guys have returned well rested and ready to go.

Didier O. at TSN just tweeted that Floyd, Bekasiak are in; McElveen, Maypray and Ferri are out.

Surprised to see Floyd chosen over Bowling. Bujold in La Presse this morning felt it would be Bowling. Floyd must have impressed in practice. Hope he can provide some excitement and of course hold onto the ball.

Trestman said yesterday Laybourn would come off the practice roster if Ferri was out.

On avait anticipé la partie contre les Eskimos comme le premier vrai test des Alouettes. Manifestement, la déconfiture de cette équipe suite à la perte de 3 de ses receveurs de passes partants a désorganisé les Eskimos et leur attaque s’est avérée nulle depuis la perte de Stamps. Le massacre subi èa Edmonoton contre les Lions a amplement démontré que les Alouettes avaient affronté une équipe trèes différente de celle qui avait gagné 5 matchs de suite.

Finalement, le premier vrai test des Alouettes, à défaut d’être contre Stamps, sera contre les Stamps. Ces derniers ont suivi une belle progression depuis le début de la saison et devraient offrir une meilleure résistance que les Eskimos ou les Argonauts. La défensive des Stampeders est pugnace et ils su bien combler la perte d’Anderson et de Browner, entre autres. Demetrice Morley est une recrue qui a fait écarquiller bien des paires d’yeux depuis le début de la saison. Ce gars-là joue de l’excellent football et sa rapidité fait qu’il pourrait causer bien des maux de tête à Calvillo. Geoff Tisdale est une bonne acquisition, et il joue mieux à Calgary qu’il ne le faisait à Hamilton. Il faut croire que l’équipe de Chris Jones lui a donné du tonus. La recrue Greg Fassit fait bien également, et lorsqu’on regarde la tertiaire de cette équipe, qui est complétée par Collins, Fraser, Smith et Raymond, on comprend qu’il faut d’excellents receveurs pour se démarquer dans ce champ arrière.

Leur ligne offensive n’est pas éa dédaigner non plus. Claybrooks a une bonne saison jusqu’à maintenant, et cette ligne a réussi à reprendre sa cohésion depuis quelques parties. C’est au milieu du terrain que la défensive des Stampeders semble plus malléable. Certes, Brandon Isaac et Malik Jackson sont de bons joueurs, mais les autres secondeurs ne sortent pas du lot des autres secondeurs de la ligue.

Ils ont de bonnes unités spéciales, mais toutes les équipes ont de meilleures unités spéciales que la nôtre, sauf peut-être sur les bottés de placement.

À l’attaque, ainsi va Burris, ainsi va l’attaque des Stampeders. Après un début de saison hésitant, ils ont montré une belle cohésion dans leurs dernières parties. Reynolds et Cornish se complètent toujours à merveille et les receveurs ont trouvé leur rythme.

Il demeure que pour les Stampeders, les Alouettes constituent aussi un bon test. Certes, ils ont gagné contre les Blue Bombers, mais ils ont peiné dans plusieurs de leurs parties, notamment contre Toronto et Edmonton. Pas à dire, les choses changent vite dans les débuts de saison de la LCF. Leur partie contre les Alouettes devrait être pour eux-aussi un bon indicateur de leur évolution.

C’est donc dans cette partie que nous verrons l’évolution réelle de notre ligne défensive depuis le début de la saison. L’épisode contre les Eskimos, quoiqu’impressionnant, n’avait finalement aucune valeur de ce côté, lorsqu’on considère ce que les Lions en ont fait la semaine suivante.

As written before, Perry Floyd will replace Tim Maypray.

Grey Laybourn-LB,I- will replace Diamond Ferri.

To make room for J.P. Bekasiak,Ryan Lucas has been deleted from the active roster. So far,Curtis Dublanko and Chima Ihekwoaba have replaced Luc Mullinder and Dylan Steenbergen on the active roster.

With these changes,the 46 player active roster will have 5 changes from previous game roster. They are: Dublanko,Ihekwoaba,Bekasiak,Floyd and Laybourn.

Richard

When we need a big stop our defence is crap. Maypray Floyd same crap. 2nd half offence is crap. Seeing that gapped tooth fool in red smiling makes me want to smash my t.v. I cant believe i was anxiously waiting 2 weeks to watch this. Im not getting excited to watch Alouettes games anymore, who knows what ur gonna get.