Als at Blue Bombers

idealsheldon wrote:

He has all the physical tools, but In his limited appearances he has not struck me as being the same type of accurate passer that we have seen in Tate or Lulay. Sure A.C. improved from his Posse and Tiger-Cat days, but for every A.C. there are 20 QBs that show potential but never develop the [b]full package[/b]. It`s the most difficult position in all of sports.
[i]Johnny wonders if Labatte has a full package after Shea Emry's punch to his nutsack? :? [/i]

And THEIR feet up. Watch out Mike. If you misuse there/their or than/then, Madjack will go postal…

Parles tu de Ted White lors de la finale de l’est contre les Argos en 2004?

I'm glad that Adrian will have at least some starters at the gininning of the game.

That said, SJ may very well be rusty, but I definitely would like to see him perform well. I also want to see Adrian do well. Without repeating what other posters have said, I want to come out of this game without further major injuries, and for the reservists to do well. Who knows? We may just need them.

S.J. will need plenty of action this week to shake off the rust / get his timing back. He's been on the shelf for a while now, and we don't want him operating at less than peak capacity in the EDF.

Its a good time to practice the play package for Adrian. I know coach says he's not changing his offense but you got to think there will be some option plays in there, some passes all over the field to measure Adrian's accuracy. For Adrian its a window to show what he has and where he's at. This will be fun to watch. Brink vs Mcpherson...They have similar amount of starts under their belt.

If McPherson performs well, all you are doing is showcasing his talent for another CFL team.

Unless we expect Calvillo to retire. Which I don`t.

Any other possible scenarios?

That’s ok. The man has put in four years as a backup and not complained. That’s the least the team can do for him. I wish him well. If it allows him to get interest and advance his carreer why not ? I always pull for the players. They are the ones out there putting on the show.

If he does well, it's good because it might prompt someone (like Tillman in Edmonton) to make us a decent trade offer for him so he can get him before Winnipeg scoops him in free agency. Stranger things have happened. . .

There your go ! Ted Laurent for Adrian Mcpherson :lol:

I like that one! Eric are you listening?? Sorry Senior.

Don't u feel stupid now Mr Burris tickling Adriano Belli trying to get ur towel back. Good, no team with 6 wins all season should even be in "playoff talk". Go dump all ur "high priced" free agents now BOB!

Frankly, I’m glad Hamilton is out. I sure didn’t want to face them in the playoffs, especially not Burris, who has been an Als killer for years now. He can’t retire soon enough for my liking!

Maybe they should start by dumping high priced Bobo the Clown. Let’s not give them any good ideas :slight_smile:

Just a couple of thoughts before the game tomorrow.

I hope that Adrian and the second team players still come out to play. This is not a nothing game for them, nor will it be for the Bomber players trying to secure a niche on the starting lineup next season.

The Als' last two Ws showed some character in this most bizarre season. And I hasten to add that there were devastating injuries on O to contend with. Our second team members definitely came out to play.

All that said, however, we've won nothing yet. We don't know who we'll be meeting in the EF and IMO it doesn't matter one iota. Whoever it is will be hitting us with everything they have; we must therefore do the same.

At the very least, I would like to see AC and the Als rack up another East Division Championship and one more shot at the GC. If we make it to the GC, well then I hope to line Ste Catherine street for a GC parade.

As per CJAD

Blue Bombers coach Tim Burke, a former Als' defensive co-ordinator, was careful to avoid any potential tampering charges on the eve of the Winnipeg-Montreal game. Asked if McPherson's start was in effect an audition before watchful Bombers' eyes, Burke replied: "that depends how he does."

“I feel like everybody’s watching,” says Calvillo’s backup who will become a free agent February …

Anything is possible, Hfx. Adrian has been backup with the Als for a number of years and he is not growing younger; we have been saying that for what seems forever. Every year it's a matter of AC saying "I'll decide in the off-season (whether or not he returns for another year)", so we can't expect Adrian to wait indefinitely. He feels he can be a starter and, Lord knows, Winnipeg needs a starter. I think Buck Pierce's days as a starter aree over. While he's made things happen when he's on his game, he hasn't complete an entire season for some time, if ever. Even Burke has hinted that Pierce would be a great backup. Not wanting to read too much into that statement, it would seem logical that Winnipeg may well be looking for a starter and Burke definitly knows what Adrian is capable of doing.

So, first things first. I hope Adrian can lead us to another W today.

Unless our defence is just there to have fun and not giving a crap about this game, they are absolutely getting torched by Brink and Matthews. This is BRINK for god sakes, not Lulay not Burris…ALEX BRINK!! And to make things worse there are no subs out there that is the defence till the end of the year!! Wake up christ. I didnt like seeing COX going to the sidelines, and was it Scooter holding his wrist? :cowboy:

No pass rush, either!

The defence had a really weak first half as has our special teams too many big returns given up and Guy still insists on running backwards