Al's Amazing Publicity

Let's face facts Montreal has always had an easy ride ever since returning to the CFL in 1997 after the US CFL test went down, the Al's inherited the Grey Cup Winning Stallions of Baltimore and at the time Tracy Ham and Mike Pringle, it wasn't like the Al's where starting from scratch, than they get A.C. from Hamilton, the fact is this team has never seen anything close to a year like 2013 since returning to the CFL, the Al's have tried three QB's since A.C. went down and all have received the great QB honours in Montreal and the next star to be Calvillo's replacement but it will be interesting to see if fans continue to support this team, remember that was the reason the team folded before returning in the mid nineties after unsuccessful attempts at other ventures like the Montreal Machine, the Concorde and so on. Montreal has not had a bad or losing record since 1997 and now reality is setting in with the loss of the great A.C. and rightfully so but the Al's are due for a few lean years of losing records in the CFL until they rebuild and are no different than any other team in sports, every team has had to ride that wave before it will be interesting if the team continues to receive fan support.

It's amazing though how the Media jump all over a player's performance after one game, let's see if the media is still interested when Smith loses a game, like this coming Saturday in Guelph?

EAT EM RAW TIGER-CATS!!!

Compliments to HfxTC for moving the thread forward classily with a simple post. The forum is better because of the presence of HfxTC, disciplineandpunish and other Als fans and those of other teams.

While as a Cats fan I'd like to forget the game, the publicity is good news for the league. And it is not surprising. A great story: Heisman trophy winner, I gather out of football options and found by the Als. He has a great game (which I think Frers underplays). And maybe even a little of the story is that the Cats were expected to do better and the Als were bouncing back from an unexpected loss: surprises are always news.

You know what is surprising is in spite of the most disappointing season since they've returned in the league attendance is trending up. If you talk to football fans in Montreal many are excited with having someone new take over at QB. Now do they understand the risk ? Hard to know but there is no sign of a let down by the fans In the last 15 years the core of their paying customers have been season ticket holders for many years and have grown to love the game and their outings to the stadium. I think as long as they feel the teams is well managed there won't be a problem.

Thank you Spike.

One thing is for sure it sets up a great game this week with the Als fan train coming to Guelph which should add a bit more fun and adds a bit of excitement at the end of a season where there are not as many down to the wire fights as we’ve been use to in the last few years.