Als 2013 Draft Choice Jesse Joseph

Found a couple of things on 2013 3rd round choice Joseoh. He had suffered an achilles injury in 2012 but seems to have recovered.

1. WASHINGTON, D.C. – The NFL Players Association is proud to announce that JESSE JOSEPH of the University of Connecticut has committed to playing in the 2014 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl presented by Panini.

The defensive end from Laval, Quebec will be one of the talented draft-eligible seniors competing in the all-star game on Saturday, January 18 at StubHub Center on the campus of California State University Dominguez Hills in Carson, Calif.

Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised live on ESPN2. ESPNU will also air live broadcasts from practices on Wednesday, January 15 and Thursday, January 16.

Joseph won the Huskies’ Brian Kozlowski Award for the most courageous, hardworking and productive player. After taking a medical redshirt in 2012, he was granted a fifth year of eligibility in 2013. In his final campaign for UConn, he recorded a career-high 40 tackles, adding six tackles for loss and a sack. During his career, which dates back to starting 13 games as a true freshman 2009, Joseph appeared in 49 contests, including 43 starts, and totaled 158 tackles, 27.0 tackles for loss and 14 sacks.

1. Former UConn defensive end Jesse Joseph had one solo tackle, stopping Bloomsburg's Franklyn Quiteh after a two-yard run on the National Team's first defensive possession of the fourth quarter, to help his team to a 31-17 victory in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.

Joseph was part of a defense which limited the American squad to an average of 3.7 yards on 29 carries.

Joseph, a native of Laval, Quebec,was second among UConn defensive linemen with 40 tackles during his senior season. He finished his career with 158 tackles and 14 sacks.

Unless he gets invited to another all-star game, the game was Joseph's final one was a college player. Regardless of what happens in the NFL draft, Joseph does have the option of heading to the Canadian Football League as he was selected in the third round of the 2013 CFL Draft by Montreal.

Hoping he shows up at camp. Hosan Hasime the other defensive linesman we drafted last year I think has quit football.

That seems to be the case. I had asked Darren Gill if he new anything but he didn`t.

In Herbs Als story in tomorrows Gazette, Popp said to be close to signing Joseph who had the achilles issues.

[url=http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-very-very-good-on-paper-gm-jim-popp-says]http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... -popp-says[/url]

National D-Line depth is NEVER a bad thing.

It will definitely be an interesting training camp and there may be many surprises; in fact, some veterans may have to accept a salary reduction or they could be released. Without some reductions, I don't see how they could operate within the 2015 max. cap of $5,050,00.00.

Richard

I hope his old line mate Trevardo Williams is on Popp's neg list.

Joseph is officially signed. If he is healthy that is a huge addition of a futures pick on Dline to go along on the Oline with Blake.

Hope so, but he plays DE (as it’s listed) and we have no other national at that position. So either he makes a transition to another position (bulking up for DT or slimming down for Will linebacker) or he’s just a backup DE and ST body.

Jeff Finley is a national and he played mostly DE last year.

That's, but this year he's listed on the roster, generically, as DL.His height and build do suggest DE rather than DT.

Having said all that, Joseph is now listed as DT, which is where I thought he'd land. He's got the height (6'3''); he just needs to bulk up his frame by about 15 or 20 lbs.

On the depth chart handed out yesterday, which doesn`t necessarily mean too much, Finley is listed at DT and Joseph at DE.

And last season I only remember Finley at DT.

Me too, but I can't say with any authority that Finley never played DE. I just don't know. And I wouldn't put too much stock in the depth charts; those charts are pretty useless except for determining who's on the game-day roster.

Je ne me souviens pas non plus avoir vu Finley jouer comme ailier.