:als_red: Alouettes Training Camp 2024

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but

As I posted on the main board

“I’ve enjoyed a fairly long relationship with the CFL and I’d prefer to go forward keeping the integrity of the league intact,

Yet he had no concerns for the integrity of the league when his player was caught using illegal PEDS

While this is an extremely unfortunate situation, I support Andrew and look forward to his return in a few weeks.”

3 Likes

I remember being pissed when Henoc Muamba left for the Argos in 2021. I still don’t know who to blame - Maciocia or Muamba.

Well it looks like the team finally has a potential replacement. And should Darnell Sankey be nervous?

2 Likes

Sankey has nothing to worry about this year. GCA and Richards will likely share the second MLB spot in the 3-4, with Richards getting more reps. GCA will need to, rightly or wrongly, put in his time on ST.

5 Likes

Yeah, his hypocrisy is on full display here. Thumbs down to O’Shea.

1 Like

There is a less than zero chance that anyone takes Sankey’s job this year. Not even close to being realistic given how well he played last year for us. It’s not an exaggeration to say he transformed our defence. They are working GCA into the linebacker rotation, and as you said, he’ll likely backup Richards at Jack. That’s all for now. In a few years, GCA may be ready to take Sankey’s job, but that is well down the road.

4 Likes

What he should have said in the Lemon case:

“While this is an extremely unfortunate situation, I will leave it up to the CFL & the Alouettes to handle it.”

3 Likes

One guy thinks the Als have a creative playbook. It will be interesting to see how Sénécal develops and if the CFL is in his future.

«C’est un nouveau livre de jeux à apprendre et, honnêtement, les Alouettes font du beau stock, c’est intéressant à voir, a estimé Sénécal. Il y a beaucoup de créativité dans les jeux. Je vais peut-être m’en inspirer pour amener quelques jeux chez les Carabins.»

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2024/05/16/un-prodigieux-quart-arriere-quebecois-au-camp-des-alouettes-de-montreal

1 Like

Compared to a Canadian university playbook I would certainly hope the Als playbook is creative.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Coaches introduce themselves. Maas gives AC a little love in the intro. :smiley:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Great news ! He was my favourite candidates in the new US RB.

Hope Preston Williams is coming soon

3 Likes

https://www.tvasports.ca/2024/05/16/ce-sera-finalement-la-retraite-pour-preston-wiiliams

Voici un article du 16/05, du Journal de Montréal, sur la situation de Preston Williams qui finalement prend sa retraite.

2 Likes

Thanks

That’s sad but need to respect the decision

2 Likes

Senecal continued to not look out of place today. The QBs did a drill where they roll one way but had to pass it back across the field toward where they started. With their momentum carrying them the other way. Senecal could still get lots of zip on it. More than some of the pro throwers.

4 Likes

Stevie Scott looked pretty good. Around same weight as Stanback, but on a 6’2" frame. Pro ready. Not a typical RB shape in the CFL. Great in the footwork drills. Herzog got a few reps too but fewer than Scott and the incumbents. S.T Erlington got quite a few reps, especially early in the practice. He might have some life yet in those bones. I spent most of the day in the bleachers so didn’t interact much, but I did ask Antwi if he thought they might be able to start Canadian running backs this year. He answered “that’s the plan.” (!!). Of course I don’t know if he means the team’s plan or his.

6 Likes

O’Shea can stick it up his other pie hole and he should groom that beard, it looks filthy.

1 Like

I respect him otherwise but he can save that disappointed dad crap for someone who buys his double standards.

Once again, thanks for such detailed camp intel. I hope Scott finds a place on the team. Very interesting to hear Antwi say there’s a chance of starting a Canadian RB. Not sure they’ll do that off the bat, with Fletcher and Scott in the mix, but we may go that route later in the season if results aren’t there.

2 Likes

You’re putting the paid reporters to shame with these reports. Well done.

Interesting drill – it’s the kind of thing QBs are constantly told not to do in game situations (run one way then throw across your body). Kelly threw one of his EDF INTs doing precisely that. :smiley:

I guess it’s a way for them to measure arm strength rather than decision-making.

5 Likes