:als_red: Alouettes Training Camp 2024

I thought it would be useful to house Als training camp 2024 discussion in a separate thread.

4 Likes

We’ve got a number of open positions in this year’s camp. Excited to see how things shake out.

Will Fletcher cement his hold on the RB1 spot, or will one of the new Americans beat him out?

Who will win the starting DE positions as we look to replace Uguak and Lemon?

Who will win the vacant field half spot created by the departure of Ciante Evans?

Can Reggie White regain his pre-injury form? How will Tevin Jones fit into our offence?

2 Likes

Where can I find info on the fan experience at the TC? I don’t live in Montreal so would be prepared to take a motel in St.J for a cupla nights and hang out. But I don’t even know the dates, and haven’t found anything on the website thru yesterday.

It starts next Sunday of course. I’m sure the team will put up a schedule next week. I hope to get out there myself.

Les Alouettes à Saint-Jérôme - Ville de Saint-Jérôme (vsj.ca)

centre sportif Claude-Beaulieu

3 Likes

Les joueurs des Alouettes seront logés au Comfort Inn & Suites.

Il y a plusieurs hôtels à St. Jérôme, je te souhaite un très beau séjour dans la belle région des Laurentides et d’assister à de bonnes pratiques des Alouettes.

Je te suggère, si tu es disponible la fin de semaine du 18 et 19 mai, le samedi 18 c’est la pratique intra-équipe avec tailgate avant celle-ci. Voir le texte de notre collègue Tony, sur ce séjour des Alouettes à St. Jérôme et l’accueil de la municipalité.
Le camp débute dimanche le 12 mai.

2 Likes

We’ll be going for the weekend. With the Smoker in the back of truck bed and a box of 425 swag.

J’y serai probablement, arborant mon chandail #23 Proudfoot.

4 Likes

Presently, only 4 QBs on the roster. I presume that at least 1 more will be added.

Richard

1 Like

On peut compter sur Sénécal comme 5ième.

I am curious to see if the team promotes Kabion Ento in training camp to a role where he is closer to the action and has more responsibilities. Last year, he finished the year starting at field corner which is a spot teams typically assign to newcomers who are just learning the CFL game. Maybe field halfback this year???

1 Like

It would make sense as a replacement for Ciante Evans who played that position.

Thorpe runs a match defence, so the typical notion that field corner is an entry-level DB position doesn’t really apply IMO. I’d leave Ento where he is, but of course Thorpe may have other ideas.

Do you guys think Cote will be the starting kicker this year? I’m torn on what I think. Maltos is a great kicker but Cote is about 5 years younger and maybe he just needed an offseason to get things right.

IMO Cote will be the kicker unless injury strikes. Maltos is around as injury insurance, or if Cote performs so badly for so long that a change becomes necessary for us to win games.

3 Likes

Waiting for “so badly or for so long” is not the right approach I-M-O for a kicker entering only his fourth season and coming of the worst of this three seasons … and neither should Maltos have the “backup” spot locked it … placekicker is one position where TC can easily be an open competition.

1 Like

Not saying I like the decision, just that it’s what I think will happen. The team seems to have confidence in Cote despite his 2023 struggles. So unless something goes very wrong or he gets injured, I anticipate him being our kicker in 2024.

2 Likes

Cote is our kicker, full stop. We could have signed Bede after Toronto cut him, but we decided not to.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean it is the right decision … or that Bede would even have considered Montreal given DM traded him.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t necessarily disagree. My jury is out on Cote, though a young kicker having a bad year isn’t new either. Bede and Whyte here before had bad years with us. I just think at this point, baring injury, or really terrible performance, we have Cote.
I think Bede would have happily come back. He needed a job!

3 Likes