Alouettes sign Cody Fajardo to two-year deal

Cody says hes working on his french. Would be good for him mentally if he doesn't. He won't be able to understand when fans are critical of his play which may help him not to melt down

2 Likes

He had two good years. Went down to the wire with the bombers 2 years in a row. Injured both times in the playoffs ves the bombers before the west final was even played vs your bombers who hands down the best in the CFL for quite some time… Absolute crap OLine this past season and they had much to do with how good the team was overall… and sometimes that is all it takes to stop a career .,. And I am not saying he is or was great …I am saying he had the potential. I also agree he will now be relegated to the also rans … The window is short to prove oneself at the QB position

1 Like

Year team GP C A yards TD Int

2019 SSK 18 338 473 4302 18 8
2021 SSK 13 281 404 2970 14 11
2022 SSK 17 282 401 3360 16 13

Nothing outstanding here, never averaged above 240 yards per year. Most important although very close to going to the GC. Fajardo only one marquee game if you use LDC/BB & Playoffs as an example, that was against a washed up Bo Levi Mitchell.

But it's your team and was your QB so I see your point.

Now get back to your vacation!

1 Like

Point taken but I would also say without Zack your team would not have won two in a row or got to that third cup final… In fact if you had to rely on the back up to Zack in the first cop you won … Can you honest say you would have won the west semi… No way that was in the books either just as my pipe dream was not gonna happen trying to get past the Bombers with Zack at the helm … not even cow town had a chance… And if Coleros was not injured it would have been the threepeat for sure

1 Like

Lots of conjecture and what-ifs and fan wishes on my part that I totally admit too

2 Likes

Funny thing, I always think my Winnipeg teams are the best… history tells me differently. The joys of being a fan.
When do you travel home? I’m very jealous, on an up note MisWeGotTheCup and I went out for dinner at an ethnic restaurant tonight… almost like being there😵

FAJARDO was often a food critic, he like them corn dogs

1 Like

We travel home on the 24th. Been a fantastic time. Met up with the same 6 people from the USA that we met a decade ago here. All members of one family and their spouses . We have attended the weddings of their kids and they have come to visit us in Canada a few times too.

2 Likes

Continue enjoying your vacation, safe travels. Saskatchewan’s not the same without you.

GO FAJARDO GO!!!

1 Like

Love it when that happens. In 2006 I met a couple from Indian Head, formerly of Regina, in Mexico. We stayed in touch and I usually stay at their place every year when I drive to BC and they have stayed at my place when they come to Winnipeg. It’s great to meet people when traveling.

1 Like

I lived in Indian Head fo 6 months…back in the early 80’s.

I believe FAJARDO lived in Indian Head!!!

Happy now, at least a puppy stops whining after 6 months. Sheesh

1 Like

What does any of this have to do with the topic?

Well Fajardo recently played for Saskatchewan and the posts all have a reference to Saskatchewan.

But seriously, why are you worried about some minor thread wandering? You aren’t even participating in this thread.

In the off season there is a more liberal policy towards off topic posts and some are generally permitted if they don’t otherwise offend other forum rules. If the thread becomes very off topic then action is more likely to be taken. A recent example of that was the motorbike posts you complained about which were becoming quite numerous. There was nothing wrong with those posts in and of themselves but after your complaints I facilitated a separate thread and moved those posts into it. It was more of a cleanup issue than a discipline issue.

In my opinion the posts you flagged in this thread which you aren’t even participating in are harmless and the thread hasn’t been hijacked. If they continue then myself or another mod will look at it again. You don’t have to flag every potentially slightly off topic post every time you see one. Please use some discretion and leave harmless slightly off topic posts alone unless they threaten to hijack the thread or otherwise offend. If you require further explanation please feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

I fixed all my indiscretions.

But how does your comment fit the topic?

1 Like

Whether or not I participate is irrelevant…I read them…and I get notification of new posts and those posts have nothing to do with the topic

1 Like

Well, he ain’t a rider now so I sort of cheer for him somewhat when he will play vs other teams😬

I hear you 100%, I was cheering for Andrew Harris regardless of who he was
playing for including the Grey Cup in 2022, just didn’t want to see Toronto win vs Winnipeg.

Just to be on topic, so not to be flagged again, Fajardo hopefully will have a good rebound year.

1 Like

I’m kind of torn. I want to cheer for Fajardo but I have avery hard time cheering for Maas.

And I don’t care if the topic wanders a bit. That’s part of something called normal conversational flow. Bring it on.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely correct about topic wandering but for whatever reason there’s one person apparently who continually flags posts that wander. As Jon stated during the off season things are a little bit more flexible.

As for Fajardo, you can include me in hoping for a good season dispite Maas.

There are many people on the planet who demonstrate in an infinite variety of ways that they need to simply get a life.

And because being “off topic” has previously been discussed in the thread, technically, that would make conversations about being “off topic” decidedly on topic. :hugs:

Just to placate those who seem worked up about it…
Fajardo contract: good
Fajardo skillset: average to passable
Maas: bad

1 Like

A bit of off-topic conversation is perfectly normal. However, when whole threads are massively off-topic for pages and pages, it frustrateds many other users on the forum who are looking to discuss the football issue mentioned in the thread title but can't because people are talking about fly-fishing or whatever.

Let's respect everyone's needs here.