Alouettes sign Cody Fajardo to two-year deal

MONTREAL — Cody Fajardo has found his next football home, having signed with Montreal Alouettes. The team announced the signing of the two-year deal on its Twitter account.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2023/02/14/alouettes-sign-cody-fajardo-to-two-year-deal/
1 Like

Congratulations to the Al's...... I think?

1 Like

Says to me there was something other than his relationship with Maas at play last year.

1 Like

I know what you mean BUT that shite Rider O-line is not going to come with him

3 Likes

There was something else… An idiot HC who thought a one-legged QB was the best option. Same idiot who tried to save Marino the Mauler.

2 Likes

I have no idea how this will play out.

Put Fajardo behind a decent oline and he can still shine. Yes his read and release are on the slow side, but if an offensive scheme is built for him, instead of trying to turn him into a Ricky Ray style qb, he has proven successful.

The main problems in Sask last year were the oline and Maas.

1 Like

AND … Fajardo battling a knee injury that impacted his ability to try to mediate the effects of the porous O-Line.

1 Like

And that, too.

IMO Fajardo is just slightly better than average as a QB, he really only had one good year, his first year he was taking over for Zach (thank you Lawrence), so there was very little film on cody. I know you can blame the O-line, his knee or whatever you want but isn't that exactly how we define a great player one who gets things done dispite all that goes around him. I'm open minded though, if he does well in Montreal I will apologize......but I have my doubts.

2 Likes

IMO......Mcadoo leaving had a lot to do with Fajardo's performance last season. He is an excellent QB Coach/OC for young QB's.

When he left they didn't find the right QB coach for Cody.

Or after reading what he had to say someone realllly doesn't know what they re doing in Saskatchewan. "The writing was on the wall for about 5 weeks before I was benched" says someone was blaming him for the O-line problems.

3 Likes

But on the flip side of what you said… Would Zach coleros have won two grey cups and gotten to a third cup final with the past seasons O line in Sask… I think not

3 Likes

This could get real ugly for O’day. Already gave away a two time MVP and Cup winner, now potentially giving away another high performer who outperforms what he brought in to replace.

Hope springs eternal.

I think a different GM would be a vast improvement

I have a hard time understanding the Riders letting go of Fajardo, only to sign a guy 7 years his senior with no arm left to a $500k deal. And their OC is completely unproven.

4 Likes

But on the flip side of what you said... Would Zach coleros have won two grey cups and gotten to a third cup final with the past seasons O line in Sask.... I think not

As I said

I'm open minded though, if he does well in Montreal I will apologize......but I have my doubts.

Please remind me if I forget.

1 Like

Steve Walsh was a major factor in CoFajs 2019 success

He ain’t going to do well on that team. The team seems to be down and out for the count too with the owners in the process of bailing… That never bodes well for the teams win loss record

So, if Cody had one good year of 3 (2019) in Saskatchewan and you suggest Cody won’t do well for the next two years in Montreal. How do we conclude he is a great QB?