Alouettes @ Rouge et Noir 2019-11-01

Last game Vercheval was speculating that Schiltz’s interception may have been the result of Matthews not running the route properly and/or not fighting hard enough for the ball.

Question for Jones et al to consider/resolve is whether Edmonton being a PLAYOFF game will bring out the 100% Matthews who can be an asset or is the “fire in his gut” just not consistently there anymore.

Would rather have a second American RB (J. Johnson) in the lineup, rather than have Mathews dress.

Johnny, I think that’s a given. I think if anybody is dressed for the playoffs, Johnson will be there. Gonna be some tough decisions at receiver, but Lewis and Jake are a lock, after that, me personally would probably go Bray, then Posey, then Matthews. I’m hoping we can fit them all in, but who knows ?. If Alford is in, someone probably has to sit.

Given how explosive Alford has been (admittedly in a small sample of games), I can’t see how you’d sit him in a playoff game. He could be a real difference-maker. I’d dress him over Matthews.

Pre-game interview Khari told Didier that we will see two QBs (presumable Adams and Schilts … maybe three but no promises that Hugo Richard will get any snaps … but will be on the field … I’m cheering for a fake punt (LOL)

Wow … Levels FLATTENED the RB trying to block him

This is typically the point in the first half when our D lets the other team march down the field and score. It’s like, we get up by one major or thereabouts and our D’s like, let’s make things interesting and roll over.

One thing Khari has to improve on is his commitment to the run when it’s not working early. He gets away from it too easily.

Huh?

Haha, yeah, he showed me there! I’m glad to see Stanback getting some touches.

I know the result of this game is meaningless, but if we can’t convincingly beat the worst team in the league, I’ll be concerned.

You can definitely tell our D is last at forcing two-and-outs. Even against the worst team in the league, with our offense putting together sustained scoring drives, we still can’t control time of possession, because it takes us forever to get a stop.

Assuming even Pipken gets reps and with some others sitting … plus the knowledge in the back of the Als’ minds that NEXT week is what REALLY counts … I won’t freak if … I’ll be unhappy … but no boiling of tar and plucking of chickens (LOL)

Yes, our offence is looking like a well-oiled machine. . . but that defence, not so much.

Dominique Davis: 13/14 for 119 yards.

Our motto: we let any QB, I mean any QB, settle into a nice passing rhythm!

Redblacks: Over or Under 400 yards Total Offense tonight?

And coming into the game, he had a grand total of 5 TDs and no fewer than 14 interceptions.

Part of me hopes that Slowik is saving some Machiavellian scheme for the playoffs, when it counts. But the simplest explanation is usually the correct one: we just can’t stop anyone. I know we’ve had injuries, but the O-line has been shredded and the offense is still producing. No excuses.

Back to the offence … if you are going to use your starting QB to “sneak” IMO you need to have a “hurry-up” played called that would take advantage of the “beef” brought in to counteract the sneak

Oh the schemes you will see next week … I hope.

Expecting an Ottawa TD here because that’s pretty much what we allow at the end of most first halves.