Alouettes Potential 2023 Free Agents

Tout à fait vrai, et il l’a répliqué avec Ricky Ray. C’était un système parfait pour ces gars.

Ceci dit, je suis d’accord avec Lucas Bellemare quand il dit qu’il n’a jamais développé un jeune quart. Même à Chicago, Jay Cutler en arrachait avec son système alors que Josh McCown le faisait bien fonctionner. McCown avait déjà passé la trentaine. Trestman n’a pas réussi à relancer Cutler. Dans le même ordre d’idées, il n’a pas réussi à développer McPherson.

Si le quart est Trevor Harris, peut-être que Trestman pourrait avoir du succès un an ou deux. Mais s’il faut faire progresser un jeune quart-arrière, je ne compterais pas sur lui.

1 Like

Je suis d accord avec vous deux.

any guesses on when we start resigning some of our players?

When the new HC will be hired

Selon les dires de Maciocia il voudrait signer Eugene Lewis et Trevor Harris avant de dévoiler son entraîneur-chef.

Au contraire, il a dit qu’il voulait embaucher son prochain entraineur chef avant de signer des joueurs afin de parler avec lui.

Tant mieux dans ce cas.

Would very much like an update from the organization on the HC process at the end of this week or the start of next week.

It won’t come from the organization, but from journaliste. I do expect that we will know this week who they will interview

1 Like

If Harris doesn’t take the job that means one of Fajardo, BLM, Evans frees up. I’d take any one of those over Harris. Harris has no arm left to throw the long ball. This was obvious to anyone who knows football. Harris was very accurate and he executed quite consistently but he’s a nightmare for the Oline and receivers had to run back to the ball all season long…

La puissance du bras est une faiblesse de Fajardo. Mais je lui donnerais sa chance quand même.

Les Alouettes ont publié leur liste officielle d'agents libres, qui comporte quelques noms de plus que celle de 3downnation. Il y a en plus Cameron Artis-Payne, Donald Hawkins et Ahmad Thomas. Liste des agents libres des Alouettes en 2023 - Alouettes de Montréal

Les incontournables :

-Walter Fletcher (A)
-Kaion Julien-Grant (N)
-Eugene Lewis (A)
-Reggie White Jr. (A)
-Jake Wieneke (A)
-Chandler Worthy (A)
-Micah Awe (A) (mais pas comme MLB)
-Tyrice Beverette (A)
-Nafees Lyon (A)
-Adarius Pickett (A)
-Greg Reid (A)
-Raheem Wilson (A)
-Pierre-Luc Caron (N)
-Ahmad Thomas (A)

Les peut-êtres :

-Dominique Davis (A)
-Trevor Harris (A)
-Chris Schleuger (A)
-Thomas Costigan (A)
-Vincent Desjardins (N)
-Wesley Sutton (A)

Les sacrifiables :

-Regis Cibasu (N)
-Mike Jones (A) (receveur)
-Hergy Mayala (N)
-Michael Wakefield (A)
-Keishawn Bierria (A)
-Frederic Chagnon (N)
-Kerfalla-Emmanuel Exume (N)
-Mike Jones (A) (demi-défensif)
-Cameron Artis-Payne (A)
-Donald Hawkins (A)

While I agree with your assessment of Harris’s arm, he did have a very solid season, and if our RZ playcalling had been better, who knows what might have happened?

I’d welcome Evans. Fajardo not sure. BLM very wary of – I think he’s on the downside of his career now. If he couldn’t get it done in Calgary with all the firepower and stability around him under one of the best offensive minds in the business, how’s he going to succeed with us?

Harris deserves a raise, but the team shouldn’t break the bank for him. If he wants too much money, let’s move on.

Why??

You will have to ask the GM.

Re-signing Sewell for two years? Well, Thorpe and Quick must like him. At least we're starting to re-sign players...

Sewell was voted as best DT (with Ceresna) by the players so I guess it is a good move.

1 Like

Almondo Sewell was not a pending free agent. Most likely, the team gave him another year in exchange for reducing his cap number for 2023. If Sewell's contract was indeed restructured, there will be an entry at CFL Transactions where he is deleted from the Active Roster and then readded.

Let's say that I am somewhat surprised, given that he was already signed for next season. As okie wrote "most likely, the team gave him another year in exchange for reducing his cap number for 2023." With the recent CBA, next season 8 Nationals, of which 1 with be an American with x numbers of years with same team or League, will have to be considered starters. On the current roster, the 2 A players that could be considered as Nationals are Almondo Sewell and Eugene Lewis.

Also, with the recent CBA, Almondo's contract for 2024 could be 50% or so guaranteed. The two year extension also tells me that Noel Thorpe will return as Defensive Coordinator. During the playoffs he spoke quite well about Almondo. As written before, we must not forget that Almondo was voted by the players as best DT, along with Ceresna.

Richard

If Danny is starting to sign or re-sign players, it could mean that he's done all the interviews and ready to announce -sooner than later- his decision.

Richard