Alouettes Head Coach in 2023

Stanback était à son poste l’an passé en fin de saison et les choses n’allait pas mieux. Et Maciocia est 6-4 depuis qu’il a pris le poste et ce sans Stanback alors ce n’est pas vraiment une excuse.

Et ce n’est pas juste Maciocia qui a dit qu’il allait pas être l’entraîneur l’an prochain mais son boss l’a dit aussi et ce à plusieurs reprises qu’il allait avoir 2 personnes diffèrent pour le poste de DG et Coach,

Our season might have gone very differently if Stanback hadn't gotten injured in game one.

The team is doing better with practice facilities. We have good personnel on offense and defense. Montreal's a great city to live in with tons of things to do. So I think Montreal will be an interesting destination for coaching candidates if Maciocia can guarantee being hands-off with staff. No one will want to be HC here if they've got Danny peering over their shoulder and firing position coaches and/or coordinators without consulting them. That's the big issue to me.

1 Like

I’m not concern that he will let the HC that he choose take his own decision. He let KJ choose Barron Miles as DC and I do think KJ was the one who had connection with Reinebold.

He fired Howard and Gordon, both of whom were KJ’s hires. And while we’ll never know what happened with Reinebold, he never coached with us and it wound up being Archambault, another Maciocia connection. If I’m a prospective HC candidate this is the first thing I want reassurance on when I’m being interviewed.

1 Like

Pierre Vercheval said at RDS that Reinebold was not to pass the border to come in Canada.

Howard was a good move, we saw the difference when he was gone

2 Likes

The point isn’t whether it was a good move or not, though. The GM should never be firing coaching staff over the HC’s head. Can you imagine Popp doing that to Trestman or Matthews? Or in today’s league, can you imagine someone firing one of O’Shea’s assistants without his say-so? Or Dave Dickenson?

1 Like

Todd Howard wasn’t hired by KJ though and if the HC is not ready to make change, someone need to do it.

Gordon was replace with Lionello who work with KJ in BC, so it’s probably KJ who choose him.

Again, we’ll have to agree to disagree. You either trust your HC to assemble his staff or you don’t hire him in the first place. Which qualified candidate is going to want to step into this kind of situation? Like I said, there’s no way someone like Dave Dickenson or Mike O’Shea would tolerate that.

Gordon was KJ’s hire. As far as I know, he never worked with Lionello. That was a Maciocia thing.

1 Like

There has long been the narrative that DM fired those guys-Howard and Gordon. We do not know that.

What evidence is there that it was Maciocia who fired Howard?

Well, DM did not hired KJ…

Then he should have fired KJ in the 2021 offseason.

1 Like

KJ and Lionello work together in B.C. in 2016 and 2017

And Dickenson and O’Shea where hire by there actual GM, not the same situation

Again, if you don’t trust the incumbent, don’t keep him around and then fire him four games into the season. Fire him in the offseason or commit to him for more than four games.

In any case, after all the meddling he’s done, Maciocia will have to prove that he won’t meddle to the next head coach, who will be his hire. That’s really all I’m saying.

Anyway, here's Ferguson with an interesting list of potential candidates for Ottawa. We can and should interview some of these people too IMO: Ferguson: Exploring head coach candidates for Ottawa - CFL.ca

I understand, but the only hire he impose to Khari Jones is Calvillo.

It was report this weekend that Maciocia give a lot of confidence in his assistant coach so I do think he will let the same latitude to his Head Coach.

I just think to whole it’s gonna be Maciocia show is exaggerated. That’s what I’m trying to say

1 Like

Buck Pierce should be extremely high on our list. I hope they will at least interview him

1 Like

When you have a narrative you are pushing, evidence becomes irrelevant. To some, Howard’s skin colour would be evidence enough.

1 Like

I’m with you on that.

1 Like

I do think where more interesting for a HC then Ottawa. Hope Sask doesn’t don’t change coach (all though Craig Dickenson could be an interesting candidate)