Alouettes Free Agency

He has already been elite, so I would disagree. Mostly it’s the old story of age, injuries, and blocking. I have seen a lot of instances this season when he’s shown patience to find a block or shiftiness to keep knifing forward with his legs churning to make something out of nothing.

I’m not saying he’s worth his current salary. I don’t think he is, and IMO he knows that. He’s not stupid. He was the highest paid running back this year but obviously wasn’t the best. But if he accepts a pay reduction to stay with the team, he can still be a valuable asset, especially if we improve our O-line and make more of a commitment to running the ball.

1 Like

And Stanback was never clocked 4.4 for the 40. Total nonsense.

1 Like

Are you Stanback’s agent?

We are talking about 2024 in this thread !

And I take the opportunity to say that it is (the of course racist - being a Quebecer - :scream: ) DM who gave the contract to Stanback.
I’m getting tired of this :poop:.

1 Like

No one is saying that being a Quebecer makes you inherently racist. But racism is a problem in Quebec, as it is everywhere in Canada. That is really all I’m going to say about it. I wasn’t even talking about that aspect of Stanback or Maciocia.

1 Like

I am looking forward to a report on racism in Saskatchewan.

2 Likes

Read again the post of this poster Audible about french media and DM.

I know, I was just referring to Audible posts.

J attends son response concernant Henoc.

OK, but you replied to me, so I was confused.

Anyway, moving on.

1 Like

All of us have favourite players … his is Stanback … for that reason, he highly values him … I disagree, but he is entitled to his opinion.

I hope he realizes that the somewhat harsh reaction he got was not personal (against him or Stanback) but because this is a fairly well informed “board”, he made some very strong assertions about Stanback’s value and the consensus (including me) seems to disagree with him … but obviously only time will tell whether he or the consensus is correct.

1 Like

Voici les résultats de W. Stanback a son pro day:
5’11´´ 233 livres, 4.55 sur 40 verges et 23 bench reps 225 livres.
En 2023, voici les salaires pour trois (3) demis offensifs parmi les 15 plus hauts salariés de la CFL.:
#1 W. Stanback 170,000$, # 6 AJ Ouellette 123,000$ # 7 B. Oliviera 114,000$.
Ses trois (3) joueurs font partie des 15 demis offensifs qui sont potentiellement agents libres au 13/02/24.
Dans les prochaines semaines, nous connaîtrons les noms des joueurs qui auront un essai dans la NFL et les premières signatures dans la CFL pour les joueurs et ceci nous donnera la tendance des salaires 2024.
Le plus haut salarié devrait être B. Oliviera et parmi les meilleurs AJ. Ouellette, D. Williams,W. Stanback, J. Morow, D. Mills, selon les résultats 2023.

He lists himself as an Argos fan and these 3 posts are the only ones he has ever made on any of the forums.

Sorry, but to me that is the definition of a troll.

3 Likes

Source?

You claim to be a Toronto fan, yet you curiously know a lot of details about Montreal and what is said in the media but are unaware that Harris announced he would retire before the season even began and that he recently confirmed it with a picture indicating he’s hanging his cleats.

Also, you said Stanback was underutilized but you want him to split duties with Ouellette?

15 yards on 9 carries. Antwi had 16 yards on 3 carries and he scored a TD.

AND … as Harris is a National, Stanback is in no way a possible replacement for him without significant re-jigging of the roster.

1 Like

If i’m the Als there is no way I lose a still productive starter, , 5 year starter who has moved his family to Montreal the year after a Grey Cup win. I’d pay him at best what he earned last year. I predict he is still an 1100 yard back, I don’t see much in Fletcher.

I’d give Sankey a healthy increase and Lemon a small increase.

I’d drafft qB Jonathon Seneca and cut one of the two backups.

Je suis d’accord que c’est un texte pouvant être identifié en partie comme un « troll » c’est-à dire provocateur ou pour perturber une discussion.

Pour la partie sur W. Stanback, c’est un membre du forum qui exprime son opinion sur un joueur, c’est normal chacun à son opinion,
Où je me réfère à la notion de troll, c’est sa mention sur le » mauvais traitement » à Montréal pour:
K. Reed: congédiée par la CFL comme dg des Alouettes.
K. Jones: vient d’être congédié par Ottawa et il a fait partie de BC, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, pourquoi seulement mentionné son congédiement par les Alouettes
H. Muamba: a signé un excellent contrat en 2021 avec Toronto comme agent libre. Dans la CFL, il a joué 2 ans pour Winnipeg, 2 ans pour Saskatchewan, 3 ans pour Montréal dont en 2015 où il a été congédié pour avoir un essai avec Dallas NFL. Il a joué 3 ans pour Toronto et a aussi joué pour Indianapolis dans la NFL.
W. Stanback: il est avec les Alouettes depuis 5 ans, il a joué 61 parties dont 50 comme partant, c’est un excellent demi offensif et un receveur amélioré. De dire que W. Stanback « n’est pas bien traité » par les Alouettes, c’est faux, il était le demi offensif le mieux payé de la CFL en 2023. En 5 ans, il a été partant dans 58% des parties soit 50 sur 86, peut-être un contrat de base avec des bonus pour le nombre de parties de jouées. En 2023, il a joué 14 parties dont 12 comme débutant. En 14 parties il a a gagné 802 verges soit une moyenne 57.2. verges par partie, sur 18 parties ceci aurait représenté 1,029 verges.
Le des négociations a débuté.

2 Likes

Il a aussi signe avec Toronto pour etre proche a sa famille. Sa soeur en particulier si je me trompe pas.
C est pour ca que je pose la question a audible concernant son commentaire de Henoc.

3 Likes

Bon point.

2 Likes

Tu as raison, le décès da sa belle-mère qui était avec sa femme qui était enceinte et son enfant à Toronto et qu’elle s’occupait aussi de sa belle-sœur qui a des problèmes de santé sont les raisons pourquoi H. Muamba a signé avec Toronto pour se rapprocher de sa famille.

1 Like