Alouettes. All "experts" are picking you as door mats !

This is a message to the proud leaders of this team. Chip, SJ, Jeff, KG, JB, Nik and the young guys putting on this uniform.

Every single one of these media guys so far is claiming you will finish dead last. I consider this an insult based on last season's record and determination "my" Alouettes showed on the field every week.

The claim you are, old, weak and disorganized.

To you Kevin this is your opportunity to put your name on a championship team, to make the Hall and pass down a ring to your son. I know you can do this.

To the younger players and newcomers all we ask is that you work hard, be selfless and trust your teammates, coaches and leaders.

I'm angry and I hope you are too.

One love, be safe and have fun out there.

TC

Well, someone has to be picked to finish last, right? :wink:

I hope the team uses this as motivation.

Its insulting. This team finished ahead of both Winnipeg and Saskatchewan while playing in a much tougher division last year. Saskatchewan flushed 75 percent of their roster and their only QB worth that title has hasn’t been able to stay healthy and is coming off another major surgery. Montreal’s defense and Special teams were at or even with the top teams in the league. So they are making these claims with absolutely no fact to back them up…

Qui ça?

Yeah, not gonna disagree, but it’s all of a piece with the media not giving a crap about the Als and not bothering to get the facts about the team before making any assessments. Either we’re invisible in media coverage or some lazy hack reporter is recycling a talking point about the Als from three years ago or making the most surface-level observations about our chances.

Anyhow, the only way to shut up the detractors is to go out and win. GO ALS GO!

Je ne sais pas encore qui a écrit ça, mais j'ai bien hâte de voir la saison.

Je crois que les Alouettes ont les ingrédients pour connaître une bonne saison, et lorsque je connaîtrai le nom de ces experts, je me ferai un plaisir de leur remettre leur prédiction sur le nez si les Alouettes se trouvent à faire mieux que leur prédiction alarmiste. :roll: :roll:

Faut-il leur apprendre que les championnats se gagnent en novembre?

No different from how journalists talk about us at the draft.

Lazy Talking Point #1: Jim Popp tanked [this year's draft], just like he tanked [a previous year's draft that we actually won if you look at who's on the team today].

Lazy Talking Point #2: The Alouettes field an all-Canadian O-line, so look for Montreal to draft an O-lineman. (so informative!)

I read TSN's draft predictions for every team and we were literally the only team that had no specific predictions or analysis. They just don't give a crap about us.

Based on last season record, it is difficult to imagine the "experts" picking the Alouettes better than last place, particularly in the East. Many "experts" and other teams fans hate the Als and hope that they will finish last.

This being said, I definitely don't agree and hope that the Als will prove them wrong. As I wrote before, if Kevin Glenn remains healthy, I expect the Als to fight for first place; except Ottawa, every Eastern team has concerns at QB.

Let's try to remain calm and hope that the "experts" will be wrong.

Richard

If you look at the East division. I can't make any predictions. Teams are too close and every team is tough, the only thing I'm certain is that the team that manages to stay the most "healthy" will win out. All these experts predicting Saskatchewan is going to make the post season this year or win their division are going to look stupid. You can't get to + .500 in the CFL with a bunch of rookies. I'm sure Jones will build a good program there but it won't be overnight. Its players that win games, not a HC and if Durant gets hurt, they will have a worse record than last season.

I’m talking DEAD LAST in the league.

Qui ça?

There was Rod Pedersen the Riders play by play guy who picked the Riders for first and slammed the Als. I think Penton in Wpg. also said we were a mess.

Next week we will see the "experts"all make their predictions on the standings. I expect most will pick us to finish 4th in the East.

But that`s why they play the games! It will be a close race in the East, all teams have their strengths and question marks, and our chances are as good as any.

Suitor among others. :? I haven't paid attention with names most names, just everyone on I heard or read is picking them dead last. Suiton on TSN radio spent 20 minutes talking up a 3 team battle...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that believe is not unique among media members. Virtually everybody outside of this sub-forum is picking the Als as the worst team in the CFL. During the offseason, I listen to a number of CFL podcasts. They all pick the Als last as well. In addition for the few websites that take futures betting on the CFL, the Als have the lowest over/under at 7 wins. I have not heard of anybody picking the Als at anything other than last.

It is much worse than people just picking the Als to have the fewest wins. They are laughing at the Als. Cause is primarily the no confidence in Jim Popp leading the team in the right direction and having Kevin Glenn as the starting QB at this stage of his career.

Weve got em right where we want `em!

Yeah… A big F’nn joke. This is a proud bunch and I’m counting on them throwing a table in the air.

Considérant l'absence de couverture des Alouettes par TSN et le fait qu'il est toujours "payant" en-dehors des marchés d'Ottawa et du Québec de taper sur les Alouettes, je prends ces prédictions avec le respect qu'elles méritent, c'est à dire aucun.

Gary Lawless a pris la peine de dire (en gros) que des prédictions dans la LCF à ce temps-ci de l'année ne valaient rien sinon le plaisir de discuter de la chose. Suite à cette lucide constatation, il s'est compromis à prédire le premier rang dans l'Est aux Timinous. Au moins, il ne s'est pas pris au sérieux ce qui préserve sa crédibilité.

Sachant maintenant un peu plus qui sont les "experts", je les attends le pied ferme si les Alouettes disputent un match éliminatoire. Ils vont faire l'objet de ma première rubrique sur CFL Talk... :twisted:

Pour ma part, j'ai beaucoup de réserves à propos de nombreuses équipes. Je crois que les Stampeders et les Eskimos vont terminer dans le groupe de tête. Ottawa devrait en faire partie, mais j'ai de sérieuses réserves sur la capacité d'Elizondo à diriger efficacement l'attaque que Maas a bâtie l'année précédente. Du reste, tout le monde peut terminer premier ou dernier tant chaque équipe a suffisamment de forces et de faiblesses pour tantôt se hisser au sommet, tantôt sombrer dans les bas fonds.

Vivement que la saison commence et que les Alouettes cumulent le victoires!

There would have been even more comedy material if the regular season had started and the new Alouettes featured by Rod Black were Jerry Rice’s kid, a 400 lb. fullback, and someone best known for being Ridiculously Photogenic.

Bingo LeStaf, ça fait des années que c’est de même, aucune grande surprise là. C’est bien pour ça que je péfère RDS, euh RDS avec Vercheval: Ça faisait full pitié à la dernière partie sans lui.

Si AC nous pond un beau livre de jeux, si Glenn et Cato l’éxécutent comme il faut et si l’unité défensive fait son travail, les Alouettes pourraient bien brouiller les cartes des soit-disant experts.

Go Als!

Obviously, the game has to be played on the field and isn't won on paper, but I think we are going to surprise a lot of people. If the secondary holds up its end of the bargain, I see playmakers and very few weaknesses up and down this lineup alongside the strongest group of coaches we've had in the post-Trestman era.