Alouettes 2022 talk

They could use a good CB to pair with Jackson but I don’t think Hunter is that guy.

I would bring in several talented returners and let the best man win … just don’t spend any, or at least much, bonus money.

1 Like

Vraiment tranquille chez les Alouettes en ce début de 2022!

Richard

The website is still a lost cause.

The new football ops people not added, Taman still there. The new coaches not added, Robert Gordon taken off the French site but still on the English.

The Wiki page is more updated

Ça en est démoralisant, surtout en regardant les joueurs de qualité qui pourraient devenir agents libres.

Derek Dennis juste sign with Calgary, so they probably won't be in the mix for Korte and Williams become available

Insane, the money they pay Cecchini and that after over two years on the job they still can’t present themselves profesionnaly in the slightest.

2 Likes

That’s like saying the car is filthy but they changed the oil :slight_smile:

I few weeks ago, I wrote that A RB/KR Jamal Morrow of the ROUGHRIDERS could be a good addition, provided he's free on February 8,2022.

Well, he won't be free; the ROUGHRIDERS just re-signed him.

Richard

I have to believe that we've already signed people but we're keeping it quiet, because if not, man, Maciocia is asleep at the wheel here.

2 Likes

If this was Maciocia's 1st season on the job I might be concerned. But I think at this point he knows what is required to field a competitive team. By the same token the players have to be realistic in their demands.

And in all honesty there are only 3 players I would be concerned about losing - Alford, Menard, Weineke. There are others I want back but they are replaceable if unable to be re-signed.

I am more anxious to see what Maciocia can add to the team Feb. 8.

4 Likes

As am I.

Quite positive, Sheldon, that Alford and Ménard will be re-signed; in fact, they may already be.

Not as sure regarding Wieneke. If he does leave, it will be because the will go to the NFL/try to be on a team, either as practice or active player.

Richard

Pas en lien avec les Alouettes, mais si Masoli devient agent libre, la voie pourrait lui être pavée vers Ottawa, ce qui serait une mauvaise nouvelle pour les autres équipes de la division Est

Je m'excuse et je sais que c'est une vieille rengaine, mais je ne comprends pas que Danny soit toujours "inactif" concernant la re-signatures de certains joueurs. Toutes les équipes font des annonces, sauf les ALOUETTES.

C'est le cas de le dire, Danny est vraiment en confinement et dans sa bulle. La santé publique permet de faire des annonces, Danny.

Richard

1 Like

Might have to do with the owner’s succession? Sometimes it takes time to sort those things out.

Here you go Richard :

Interesting ! Washington wasn’t returning and we got a 28 yrs DT that had 9 sack in 2019 when he was playing next to Almondo Sewell

Odd that Edmonton would make this trade. Does Moore have some injury history? Why would they trade for a washed-up Washington?