Alouettes 2022 talk

Both Jaylan Alexander-6'1, 240- and Rashaad Harding-6'0, 220- were ILB in College; ILB is a position of weakness with the Alouettes, explaining why they presently rank eight against the run.

Alexander was at Purdue.In his four year career at Purdue he tallied 226 tackles, including 113 in 13 games during the 2021 season. In 2022, the Chicago Bearsvsigned him as un drafted free agent, but he was eventually released.

Rashaad Harding was at Liberty. First position was ILB but could play OLB. Also eligible for 2022 NFL draft.

Richard

Official now

My thoughts are with Marc-Antoine Dequoy and his family following the passing of his mother following a long illness ... Danny Maciocia announced Dequoy will not be with the team this week but did not comment on who will replace him.

1 Like

That’s tough. Will it be Lindley or Exume

Or

Beverette to safety with Ackie at weakside linebacker.

Interesting note, according to Maciocia, Jamal Davis had discussion with the Steelers to join there Practice squad but decided to comeback to the CFL because he wanted to play an love it here.

2 Likes

CFL Transactions has DB Darius Williams being released. Somebody had to go because there were too many names listed on the Practice Roster.

1 Like

I like Davis’s attitude. Young man with his feet on the ground. It’s not because he’s back with us, more that he understands how chasing absolute top dollar by rotting on practice rosters isn’t necessarily for him. You have to know when to walk away from something that isn’t loving you back.

With him and Lestage, we’re a substantially better team, and you have to credit to Maciocia for that.

5 Likes

He could be a good add in our coaching staff.

Interesting idea. Definitely someone to consider for an entry-level defensive assistant position.

Have no idea why 3dn uses the term “controversial” here. Hebert was a linebacker who played on the edge. Linebackers are paid to hit ball-carriers at the point of contact. The camera is always going to catch their penalties. A guy like Steve van Zeyl is a far dirtier player to my mind, ended Bekasiak’s career with a chop block but the camera didn’t catch it so no one talks about it.

And since both of our DB/LB coach are coach of a unit, someone who played both position can certainly help the team

1 Like
1 Like

Aren’t we pretty set on receivers? I thought we have pretty good depth too, I’m surprised by this.

He’s Canadian, so an experience Canadian WR on the Practice Squad is never a bad thing I think

4 of 8 receivers are Canadian

With our shortage of nationals, I'm not surprised we signed Jones.

Mayala. Julien Grant Philpot and ?

If any of those guys get injured, we will be happy to have Jones and he can help us on the game plan vs Hamilton since he was there not long ago

Regis Cibasu

He’s more a FB then a WR