ALMOST TIME FOR WALLY TO MAKE SOME CHANGES

IT CAN'T BE MUCH LONGER BEFORE WALLY SEES THAT THERE ARE SOME CHANGES NEEDED. FIRST OF ALL, OUR KICKER, WHICH WILL BE CHANGED DUE TO PAUL'S INJURY. I LIKE PAUL BUT THIS SURE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HIS YEAR. HOPE TO SEE HIM BACK NEAR THE END IN CASE WE NEED HIM. SECONDLY, THIS NEW SYSTEM OF PASS FIRST DEFENSE IS KILLING US AND DOES NOT SEEM TO BE WORKING.THE LAUGH IS ON THE LAUGHING HYHENAS SO FAR. I THINK WE NEED TO GET ON THE PHONE TO JOAUN ARMOUR AND GIVE HIM A STARTING LINEBACKER JOB. CARL KIDD ALWAYS SAID "YOU HAVE TO STOP THE RUN TO WIN". SO FAR, WE HAVEN'T DONE EITHER. THE KICK RETURN TEAM NEEDS SOME BETTER PLAY OR BETTER PLAYERS. LASTLY, IT IS ABOUT TIME TO QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT BUCK PIERCE IS THE RIGHT QUARTERBACK OR NOT. SO FAR HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT. HE SEEMS TO PANIC AT THE WORST TIMES. HIS THROWS ARE NOT ACCURATE ENOUGH AND NOT ENOUGH OF AN ARC ON IT. HE ALSO SEEMS TO HAVE A SLOW RELEASE COMPARED TO THE OTHER QUARTERBACKS WE HAVE PLAYED. AT THE VERY LEAST, PUT IN JARIOUS AT HALF TIME OR AT LEAST THE THIRD QUARTER IF BUCK LOOKS SHELL SHOCKED OR NOT SHARP. YOU NEED THE TWO QUARTERBACK SYSTEM TO WORK IF YOU PLAN ON KEEPING BUCK PIERCE.

I KNOW IT IS EARLY BUT THIS IS THE WAY I SEE IT.

I AGREE, PUT JARIOUS JACKSON IN!

Well guys what do you want Wally to do? He's and the rest of the coaching staff are working on correcting the problem. We had some major changes to our line up on both ends of the field. Doesn't mean your going to have chemistry right away.
We had pretty much had the same core for the last 6 years or more, plus we had over 17 players last year over he age of 30. Changes were made. Its called a youth movement. Would you guys be happy if kept the old core for another one or two years and complain how this team aged ,and that Wally did nothing to develope and add youth to the lineup in three years ????
Funny ,how some of you think that Peirce isn't that good and they should put in Jackson. Did you guys forget that Jariuos made as many mistakes as a starter as Buck did. Guess what even Geroy said on Sportsnet the other day saying that the qb position is hard to develope and that everybody should give Buck time to make the adjustments.

One change has already been made to the O-Line. Buck isn’t the problem, believe it or not.

OL LT Stith is out, and a Kid (Sorry, can't remember his name) is in a Left tackle. Hopefully that will help out.

Whyte is in for McCallum.

Well, there are two changes I know of......

Changes might need to be made but QB is not the problem.

I really think it is less about personnel than about overall team play. That needs to be better and the QB is just one guy who is doing a pretty decent job despite overall team play being less than stellar and some questionable play calling which is neither stretching the field nor taking what D’s have given them so far.

Wally has a hard job to do, with the list of the players he has, its going to be difficult to make any type of difference even with lineup changes. I praise his effort, but a new QB may not be that bad of an idea. Good luck boys, you need a win.

http://www.therunningback.com

Well there is no point having a NEW QB if he on his back alot. The problem is right now is getting the players to gel. Wally made some major changes and players are still getting to know one another and the system. We basically have two new qb in Pierce in Jackson even though they been in the league for about 4 years. But consider the fact that it was Dickenson's team they been playing chipboard and spot duties until last season.
Givew them time. its still early.

Maybe its not time for Wally to make changes, maybe it's time to change Wally?
His methods are outdated, his coaching decisions are terrible, punting 15 yards deep, not making sure Ian Smart conceded, he's floating on rep for a few years, theh players are tuning him out, and its the same old retoric. Time to get a younger "with it" coach with new ideas.. Rod Black even mentioned Wally's idea bout Quarterbacks comes from when he played in the Jurrassic era..
Mr Braley save us from future suffering asd th Lions become the pussies of the west. Dump Wally.

Great post, something I forgot about all the new players and what not, and agreed the o line really needs to protect the qb’s more.

Maybe time to re-vamp what is possibly the worst offensive line in the league…let’s start with the two tackles. There has to be somebody out there that at least slow down the rush. Lions have three glaring weaknesses on the o-line…both tackles and one guard. I feel sorry for the quarterbacks…it’s really hard to be effective when you’re constantly running for your life. Or maybe it’s the entire offensive scheme that needs looking at…having a committee of three people trying to coordinate and design the offense is plain ridiculous. Even though the defense gave up 48 points I don’t think it’s a sign that they are a bad defense…they are just on the field too long.

Offensive and decision making appear to be the biggest problems. Time for someone to make some changes…either Wally or Braley.

Totally agreed. Our D were obviously tired before the end of the first half and by the end, their legs were gone.