ALLEN , WINS 2 AWARDS and signs for 2 more years!

ALLEN , wins the MOP award , and the FANS CHOICE AWARD! :shock: :smiley:

He signed a contact for 2 more years with the ARGOS! :shock: :smiley:

So he's gonna be the starter for you guys again next year? I guess it doesn't really matter how old he's getting, if he's able to play well without getting injured, why not?

Any link that shows this?

[url=http://www.canada.com/sports/story.html?id=5fbdb32d-b0ec-4360-aede-2af10fd46fb0]http://www.canada.com/sports/story.html ... f10fd46fb0[/url]

Excerpts below.....The rest of the article talks about the other award winners.....this article mentions nothing of a two-year deal, but does say that the Argos picked up Allen's option for next year......

VANCOUVER (CP) - It was a long time coming for Damon Allen.

The quarterback who holds most of the CFL's career passing records over an illustrious 21-year career captured the league's outstanding player award for the first time Thursday night at the Vancouver Centre for Performing Arts. "It's not a bad consolation prize for not being in the Grey Cup," Allen said. "I'm humbled because there are so many great players in our league and yet there's just one award. But it's still nice to win it in your prime."

Allen was a runaway winner in voting conducted by the Football Reporters of Canada, claiming 59 of 62 ballots.

Allen also received the Rogers fan choice award.

Allen, 42, was the CFL's feel-good story this season.

At an age when most pro athletes have retired, Allen was instrumental in leading Toronto (11-7) atop the East Division for the first time since 1997. The six-foot-one, 195-pound quarterback threw for a career-high 5,082 yards and his 33 touchdown passes were second only to Montreal's Anthony Calvillo (34), who attempted 112 more passes.

But Montreal ended Allen's dream season, downing Toronto 33-17 in the East Division final. The Alouettes meet the Edmonton Eskimos in the Grey Cup on Sunday (CBC, 6 p.m. ET).

Allen says he will play at least one more season after Toronto picked up the option on his contract.

"I'm just thankful I didn't retire last year, otherwise I wouldn't be standing here," Allen said. "I'm thankful I went to an organization that believes I can play beyond my 20th year, or possibly 25 years.

"Who knows?"

What made Allen so dangerous this season was his ability to feel the rush. Allen, the CFL's top-rushing quarterback with over 11,000 yards, still showed plenty of zip in his legs, running for 461 yards and averaging over five yards per carry.

But Allen often showed the patience of a poised veteran, running laterally to buy his receivers more time to either break off their routes or get open downfield.

It was also posted at the ARGOS web site and it is for 2 years.

Wow, that is great! At least I think so, maybe they can win the cup again next year!