Allen gets extension

On the same day the argos promote Pinball, they also pick up the option on Damon's contract...see here:

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2007/12/03/argos_allen/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... gos_allen/[/url]

Very strange given the fact that he didn't play much this season even when he was healthy near the end.

Perhaps they want to put him in training camp so he can officially bow out to young blood...No controversy that way....what does everyone else think?

Odd, to say the least…a real puzzler to me.

I'll guess and say now he will be used as a bargaining tool. Letting him go left the Argos with a hole of experience.
Now, they can trade him for what they may really need

Trade who? Allen? For what? Who would ever trade for him?

Grampa's playing for the Boatmen again? Good! IMO, he should have retired and put his experience to better use (assistant coach, perhaps?) but as long as he plays for them and becomes even more of a risk as a player, kudos. No complaints here.:slight_smile:

I'll call Gil Scott on this to find out who holds George Blanda's CFL rights. Maybe I can preempt Marty York's next shovel, I mean scoop! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Seriously though, Allen may be done as a starter, but he is serviceable as a third-string QB/mentor for Butler and the voices in Bish's head that are willing to listen...LOL

The ageless wonder continues. How long, we shall see. Soon.

Oski Wee Wee,

This move does not make much sense. Allen was not deemed good enough to play this season, so why would he be any better next season? It is also more difficult to groom a young qb with him taking up a roster spot. Why use a roster spot for a 44yr old 3rd string qb?

Allen won't play...that old farts so brittle that he gets injured watching a hard hit....

Not arguing with your logic at all. This may be a holding manouevre until the Blue Team actually finds that younger guy. McMahon did not pan out and so the quest for a 3-pack of relatively young QBs continues behind the scenes, I think.

Oski Wee Wee,