All Time TiCat Team

Perhaps it is an age thing but I don't remember Ed Fulton at guard for the Cats. I remember Ed George, the Al, the Cat and the Steeler. Can somebody help me out here. :slight_smile:

Pat Lynch (the old guy who is feeling older by the minute)

PS. Any reason why Gene Cepetelli wasn't on the list of centres? No disrespect to any of the centres but Cepetelli was the best!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Fulton_%28American_football%29]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Fulton_ ... ootball%29[/url] [url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-all-time-team-offensive-line]http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats ... nsive-line[/url]

Perhaps these links will help PatLynch.

I remember Cepatelli but I was pretty young then. Certainly seems he should have been on the list. My guess is that his career with us was relatively short compared to the other guys on the list... only 3-4 years.

That's one of reasons I was surprised to see Fulton on the list. He was only with Hamilton for three years at the end of his career.

One of the criteria I'm using in choosing players to vote for is that they have to have spent most of their career with the Ticats. Unfortunately that eliminates some pretty amazing players, e.g. Flutie, Coffey.

That's one of reasons I was surprised to see Fulton on the list. He was only with Hamilton for three years at the end of his career.

One of the criteria I'm using in choosing players to vote for is that they have to have spent most of their career with the Ticats. Unfortunately that eliminates some pretty amazing players, e.g. Flutie, Coffey.[/quo
te]

You eliminated Coffey????? You know, "This means war!" :cowboy:

I know. :cry: He was one of my favourite players as a kid. And although I don't really remember him playing for anyone but Hamilton (except his final year), he did spend over half his career with Edmonton.

If I could have voted for more than four receivers, I might have relaxed my rule. But even then, there are six others besides him that I also would have liked to vote for but couldn't.

Thanks for the information to all. I, too, am using longevity , loyalty and versatility as criteria. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the less confused old guy)

I know this is a coincidence, as the players are arranged alphabetically, but I find it weird that on almost every page, I'm voting for the player at the top right spot. (Is someone trying to tell me something about Tommy Joe? :o )

Where are Derek McAdoo and Johnny Shepard on the ALL TIME RB LIST?

With all due respect to Ron Lancaster, why is there only one coach to vote for. What about Ralph Sazio & Jake Gadaur?????

Where are you seeing the list of coaches? It's not supposed to be open until next Tuesday.

Also, any chance of a write-in on the returners ballot?

Who would you right in? The choice is Earl Winfield. (Unless you're thinking Chris Williams, but I think that's a tad premature).

Given who will be on the ballot, it will probably be close to unanimous for Winfield, although a few oldtimers might go with someone else. But I suspect that if we were doing this next year, or maybe the year after, Williams would give Earl a run for his money.

A lot of that will depend on if Williams gets a sniff from the NFL. I have to think, with his speed, that he’ll get a look. If he doesn’t, or if he does and returns, and continues to do what he’s doing this year, he’ll give Winfield more than a run for his money (and I say this as perhaps the biggest Earl Winfield fan there is). Williams is truly a treat to watch.

Side note, I’m so happy Winfield will be in the house on Labour Day. It’s been way too long since he’s been at Ivor Wynne Stadium. Also, he should be in the Hall of Fame and I don’t understand why he isn’t.

I don't know, three years with the team is as long as some of the others on the list. And what he might do in those three years... [knock wood]. But yes, time with the team also comes into it, and eleven years of great play counts for a lot.

And I have never understood why Winfield isn't in the HoF either. So what if there were other good players in league then? Just because he was in the league at the same time as a guy who returned four times as many kicks as he did, and got twice as many TDs on those returns....hmmmm. Something about those numbers that doesn't add up.

Where are you seeing the list of coaches? It's not supposed to be open until next Tuesday. [/quote] If you click on "coaches" - a grayed out pic of Ron Lancaster is there but nobody else.

That's because the voting doesn't open for the coaches until Sept 4. There is no vote now link there.

That's because it isn't open yet. Before each of the groups were open, the same thing happened on them. The team chose a picture of one of the players from each list to represent it - McManus for QB, Bethea for RB, Scott for receiver, etc.. That's the same picture that appears for each list when you first go into the site.

Once voting is open for coaches, the full list will appear. And I'm sure it will include Trimble, Sazio, Bruno, and (obviously) Lancaster at the least. My guess is it will also include Voyles and Williams, as they are the other coaches who have won the Grey Cup as Ticat coaches, and possibly Shaw and Marshall, both Coach of the Year winners. But Gaudaur never coached the Ticats, as far as I know, so he won't be on the list.

Coaches are available for voting now. Bruno, Lancaster, Sazio, Trimble and Voyles. I'm surprised that Williams was left off the list, but there were players I thought were missing too.

Only a few days left to vote, and I still haven't figured out how to give all three of my daily linebacker votes to Ben Zambiasi.

It's going to be interesting to see how skewed the selection will be toward recent players, especially when it comes to the guys in the trenches. I've been a Ticat fan for over 50 years, but as a kid, I mostly watched the players who touched the ball - quarterbacks, runningbacks, kickers, returners, and the occasional ball-hawking safety or defensive halfback. So while I remember a lot of those players from my early days in the '60s, I don't remember many from the linemen or linebackers. And really, how many people even notice the o-line players except when they mess up? :wink: I'm not saying I didn't vote for any of the players from before my time (based on their stats), but I suspect many people would only vote for players they actually remember.