All Time Grey Cup Experiences

Trooper best half time show??? Lol
I have to agree about the Black Eyed Peas, not only the worst Grey Cup half time show but also the worst Super Bowl half time show.

Guess you had to be there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQ12v91OZk Not a huge Trooper fan but in terms of crowd involvement and quality, no show before or since comes close.

Who would you pick?

oh… I didnt’ realize that one was…

Not sure why you felt a need to put the “s” after fan. Most of us cringe at his homerism posts as much as everyone else. :lol:

the fans certainly seemed pumped up for the Trooper HT show.
I would have been as well.
And kudos to the band for managing such a fine performance in sub-frigid temperatures.

thanks for the link cfleskfan.

S, REMOVED :smiley:

oh get off your high horse… you act like you’ve never ever once been any sort of a homer towards your favorite team!

please, that’s ridiculous.

every fan of every team at some point has been a homer of sorts towards their team in some fashion.

Rider fans are the best fans in the league. they are everywhere in the country, don’t know if I can say that about other teams like I can about the Riders.

even in a City like EDMONTON, Rider souvenirs sell out faster than Eskimos Souvenirs.

many people I have spoken to have been amazed at how they have to stock more Rider stuff in the stores because it keeps selling out, meanwhile the Eskimos stuff hasn’t sold out yet.

just look at the stats in sales… how the Riders sold more Merchandise than the other 7 teams combined. what does that tell you?

there’s numerous examples.

I’ve never seen at a Grey Cup Parade any other group of Fans take over a parade like they did in 2009.

Rider fans are everywhere… simple as that.

Players now want to play in Saskatchewan… won’t be long before they’ll say “Edmonton? nah that’s ok”

The Way things are going, the Eskimos are headed for a 1980’s Rider system.

That is SO not true.

That is SO not true.
[/quote]
how do you figure?

how many Rider fans come to Grey Cups compared to other teams?

Black Eyed Peas are not my thing at all, but that was not the worst show. In fact, for what it was, it wasn’t THAT bad a show and it was a major coup for the league to bring in such a huge name act.

Theory of a Dead Man in Montreal 08 was horrible. Boring posers. far worse than BEP and I LIKE loud guitar, beat boxes and rap not so much.

Best half time BY FAR was Lenny Kravitz. I actually got into that. He was GOOD. :thup:

I thought the Hip in 04 were good too, despite all the criticism Gord Downie took for that performance.

If you wanna go way back, 1984 Edmonton, The Nylons were great. It wasn’t a glitzy show at all, they just wheeled them around the field on a big flat bed, I don’t recall any fancy lights or dancers, but their performance was terrific.

The Calgary fans started the Grey Cup week tradition way back and every teams fans have contributed through the years. You conveniently forget the hard times the Rider organization has endured. Other fans from other cities impacted Grey Cup week during a long stretch where their was no Rider Pride. Now they are, and credit is given. But don’t make us laugh about Rider fans being the end all and be all at Grey Cup week .

[quote=“cflisthebest”]

Just look at the stats in sales… how the Riders sold more Merchandise than the other 7 teams combined. what does that tell you?

quote]

Riders fans have poor taste in clothing? :cowboy:

Rider are just thiefs. They stole their name from Ottawa. They stole their beer from Alberta. Even their watermelons they wear on their heads (now that’s a fashion statement) are Green and Gold.

If I want to hang out exclusively with Rider fans I can go to Taylor Field - which is also a tremendous experience.

But when I go to Grey Cup it’s a league wide thing. All colors are present. I have friends from every team in the league. I have a couple of buddies from Ottawa that I always have a beer with. OTTAWA! They’re not even playing, they don’t even have a team. It’s the cfl spirit. It’s family.

Grey Cup is not a Saskatchewan party, it’s a CFL party.

• Grey Cup is the immaculately dressed Colonel and his lady cutting the rug at the Lions Den.
  • Grey Cup is accidentally running into Gene Makowsky.
  • Grey Cup is getting your annual bear hug from Bomber Trixy (stay cute, Trix :wink: )
  • Grey Cup is catching a performance of of Linda Wood Edwards’ play ‘True Grid’.
  • Grey Cup is hearing ‘ARRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!’ echoing down the block at 4:30 in the morning.
  • Grey Cup is winning the trivia contest and taking the souvenir prize home to give to your nephew.
  • Grey Cup is hearing a drunk TiCat fan telling you that when you go to Ivor Wynne, make sure to ‘drop your pants and enter from the rear’. ? :o ?? :S
  • Grey Cup is playing poker in a hotel room with 8 Lions fans until 3 or 4 am.
  • Grey Cup is overhearing Chris Walby telling Danny McManus to ‘hookslide on in’ to the waiting taxi.
  • Grey Cup is overhearing Chris Walby refer to Danny McManus as ‘Porky’. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Grey Cup is a Rider fan with a banjo in a Winnipeg bus full of Bomber fans.
  • Grey Cup is getting your nose broken in a touch football game after knocking heads with a dude in a Cahoon jersey.
  • Grey Cup is ‘SOCIABLE!’

Mostly good points. I do disagree though on your main point. Regardless of who is in the game, this will indeed be a Saskatchewan party, with a National flavour. Looking forward to it. The perfect scenario would be for the Eskimos to cross over and meet the Stamps in the Grey Cup.

When you dream, dream in colour!

the past is irrelevant. all the real fans care about is today!

The past is only irrelevant when you don’t have much of a past.

Checkmate !!!

people like cfleskfan only have the past to look back on when your present has sucked.

Eskimo fans are famous for bring up the past Grey Cup Championships in order to bolster their pathetic arguments…

especially when their team has sucked the past 7 years…

Let’s see…

Riders - good team…

Eskimos - Not a good team…

So, instead of facing the fact you suck, you go back to the pathetic “oh we have 13 Grey Cups… blah blah blah…”

let’s see. how’d you get those?

A: Money.

when you buy all your talent and you know that you can outbid everyone else, doesn’t take much to BUY a championship team.

in comes the Salary Cap. oh oh… what’s happened? no Grey Cup appearances… No Grey Cups. poor Canadian Talent core, sad excuses for General Managers and Coaches…

it looks as if the Edmonton Eskimos are becoming the Saskatchewan Roughriders of 1977-87… hmmmm

13 Grey Cup wins beats the heck out of 15 Grey Cup losses.

Show some proof that Edmonton ever bought a Championship. You can’t. Saskatchewan has been charged with breaking the salary cap rules more than any other team…hmmmmm.

Once again your hatred of the Eskimos clouds you ability to think. Negativity does that to you. Cheer on your team, it’s healthy. Putting down the opponent only show bitterness and desparation. Why are you so bitter?

jees. you.

the Eskimos long before the Salary Cap were always buying FA’s and they damn well knew no other team could match their offers.

they had more money than anyone else and they could spend money on players and no other team could compete. they would go out and get this FA and that FA and another FA… a lot of big names.

the Eskimos were one of the reasons the Renegades folded. not THE reason, but one of them. the Renegades were trying to get some high end FA’s to improve their team but only had so much money to offer. the Eskimos went “oooh! another great FA!” and went and said " here, take this ! " the Renegades could NOT even get close to that offer and were out of the running.

the Renegades went out and spent more money on players then what they could afford because in order to try and make a good team that was competitve they needed to spend money but they didn’t have the money to spend. so they went broke!

you can blame the Eskimos for this as they could easily dish out the cash for the FA’s. knowing full well that no other team could do the same.

the proof is in the pudding man.

AND as well in the fact that now with the Salary Cap, as I said before. the Eskimos have had very little success on the field ever since.

I would have to do a lot of background research and look up information in order to show a lot of evidence but the Eskimos bought championships by buying Free Agents at salary amounts that they knew no other team could afford to match.

they almost ruined this league by themselves with their greediness and wild money spending.

yes the Riders did go over the Salary cap a few times but those seasons they had ridiculous injury issues and to be honest there was little choice in the matter. either do nothing about it and suck really bad or spend a little extra money to try and be competitive.

Esks would have done the same thing if they had the rash of injuries the Riders had.