All three phases contribute in Bombers' win over Lions

WINNIPEG — It was a three-phase effort for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday night, with offence, defence and special teams contributing in the team’s win over the BC Lions.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/23/three-phases-contribute-bombers-win-lions/

I’m sure that the Blue Bombers would like to give a special shout out to Lions’ Management for doing absolutely nothing to improve the one glaring weakness on their team that has been a sore point since 2019… protection for Micheal Reilly. There’s no way that the Bombers could’ve stopped BC’s offense so consistently so many times and beat the living crap out of BOTH BC quarterbacks had any effort at all had been made to upgrade this ONE AREA of the team.

So once again… THANK YOU Lions’ Management for failing so well. Bravo. The Bombers couldn’t have looked so good without you. :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

We all know the Bombers are that good…now, we all know the Lions are just that bad, even with a still great QB they are terrible. No QB in any league would have been able to anything better than what we saw last night, no freaking protection of the franchise asset equals a loss.

Well this should pop the Lions down in the power rankings another notch or two. Two of their 4 wins against Ott, the others against Cal. & Mont. when they were struggling. Oh well, there's always next year.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers played their most complete game in Week 12. The result was a 45-0 blowout versus the Lions in Vancouver. The Lions are now winless in their last 4 games. :question: With the victory the Bombers clinched first place and are 10-1 with three games remaining. :exclamation: :hash: :one: :wc:

The 2021 Bombers are by far the best team the cfl has seen for a very long time. But the most important fourth phase of this win was…
The Bombers played a team that has given up on the season and basically rolled over and played dead in all aspects of their game.

1 Like

They now join the Ottawa Redblcks and my Edmonton Elks who find themselves in the same predicament. When your team gets dusted so badly, it takes all the will out of the team. I wonder if Rick Campbell-Paul LaPolice & Jamie Elizondo will be around in 2022. :interrobang:

2 Likes

[quote= I wonder if Rick Campbell-Paul LaPolice & Jamie Elizondo will be around in 2022.
[/quote]
I wonder if they'll be around at the end of the month.

2 Likes

Dejardins is gone. Finally. LaPolice gets to stay until the new GM in Ottawa says otherwise. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

In my humble opinion LaPo should have never been given the Redblacks job. He failed miserably with the Bombers as a head coach. He even seemed surprise when the Redblacks hired him. :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Did he fail? In his second year as our head coach LaPolice took the Bombers to the Cup. To start his third year the subpar roster our GM (Joe Mack) assembled cost him his job. Mack blamed LaPo for the team’s dismal performance and he would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for those pesky kids… I mean… those other head coaches he fired in the following years in an attempt to cover his own ineptitude.

We finally got rid of Mack and hired Kyle Walters, who may be the best GM in the CFL next to Hufnagel. It was Kyle Walters who brought LaPo back to Winnipeg as our OC. Kyle Walters recognizes talent when he sees it. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

The coach is forced to work with the players supplied by the organization. There is huge numbers of free agents every year on every team and a scant few on any team that will stick around for entire careers. The stampeders one of the only teams to have long term success in keeping the team competitive year after year after year. it remains to be seen if the bombers can do the same with even harder salary caps to hold to as players do not get paid in the cfl like they do in the NFL . Players in the CFL do not want to sign multiyear contracts and man would want to only sign one year contracts if that was allowed. Free agents are always worth more money to teams that have to rebuild. Quite certain a lot of the bomber free agents are going to be in BC, EE, Ottawa and elsewhere too next season as those teams will be able to offer more $$

2 Likes