All the best Timmy....

Just like to say goodbye to a great guy and great athlete. Timmy might have had his confidence shattered last year but certainly looked a lot more comfortable this year in camp and preseason.
Total team guy who never complained.
Hope you get a chance somewhere to play. Hold your head up buddy, there's no doubt you can play in this league.
adios amigo....buckwheat :cowboy:

Adios ???
It Better to say aloha to him..

I wish Timmy all the best. Time will tell if he can get established in the CFL. He needs to make his next shot a keeper…

Oski Wee Wee,

All the best, Timmy!

Timmy You are my favourite CFL player and always will be, you were a class act on and off the field. You never complained and you have tremendous talent I hope to see you back in Hamilton some day when they realize how good you were. I will always be your biggest fan and supporter and I will proudly wear my Chang jersey to Ivor Wynne. All The best Timmy in Winnipeg I will cheer you on, not the rest of your team but you of course. You will be great I guarantee it.

1.)Did he really play enough to warrant that kind of dedication?

2.)If he only gets as good as he “were”" would we want him back?

3.)That’s cool.

4.)How, exactly?

Sigh..................

Our dear Mr. Chang must be a hypnotist...

timmy would have succeeded, if hamilton wasn't so stubborn and implemented the
run & shoot offense, that offense is tailor
made for the cfl, the ticats need to wake
up and realize that is the type of offense
you need to succeed, you don't even need
hall of fame receivers, the system is based
on formations, mismatches, and spacing, also the DBs in the CFL s.uck, so its easy to space them out with 6 receivers and score at ease, with that offense, timmy would have continued his past success. This run-happy offense the cats run right now aint gonna win any playoff games, especially if you fall behind.

chang stunk, period! he didn't even beat porter out of a job and timmy was here last year.

timmy needs to check his ego at the door and realize that this isn't Division 1 football and that it's not going to come easy to him and everyone's patience is thin.

i've talked to chang a couple times and he seems like a bright guy but with what's been coming out in the paper over the past few weeks (making fun of the coaching staff, changing plays in the huddle then being intercepted) he seems more of a head case than a prodigy

What paper?

Was it the Spec? Did I miss that?

I’d like to read that.

I d like to know where this was writen as well. Tiger Dirt, where to you get off saying "Chang stunk" over and over again, no different then those who believe he will suceed one day .. you dont have a clue and please state your football back ground and experinces so we can take some stock in your opinions. As "justafan" I to am a believer in Timmy Changs abilities and truly do not give a **** what you think unless you can back it up, I for one would love to see Chang have the opportunity to prove his abilities. Why? Because based on his past the system he play in and the sucess he had doing it he is a natural fit for the CFL. However his chance will only come from a team that doesnt base who will start on the amount of money paid. Chang moved down the depth chart because his style differs so much from that of Printers, why cant fans get that !! You would not buy Chevy parts to fix a Ford car now would you? Taafe stated upon his arriving in Hamilton he liked and used the West Coast offense, the signing of Chang was key to that until the arrival of Cassy that was the plan, everything has gone wrong with this team and releasing Chang because he longer fit the plan was the only choice. Many great QB have come and gone because of situation rather then lack of talent. We as Ti-cat fans should realize this more then anyone.

One of the reasons why I post in this forum is that I truly find the the fans more passionate and have more savvy that the other forums.

All that being said, I can't beleive that so much time and energy has been devoted to a fourth string QB on a bad team.

I do agree that if anyone is going to come out here and say that someone is terrible, he better be prepared to back it up....so as a card carrying member of the "Hang Chang Gang", I am going to give you 5 reasons why Timmy was cut.

1- In his Ticat career, seven whole games (holding for setta doesn't count) for every 12 passes Timmy has thrown, one has been picked. For every 7 completions, 1 INT. 1 career TD Pass, but then thats only one less that Caseys Cat totals.

2-Rating of 34???

3-In real action he looks like a deer caught in the headlights, very little poise. Not particularily mobile.

4-Reported to be a whiner and a problem in the dressing room.

5- Not as good as Casey or Richie. Period.

Bye Timmy...nothing personal but maybe Arena League is more up your alley. You have a great GPA, use your brains and find a real job cause if you can't cut it as a 3rd string QB on a team that has won 5 games in the last year and a half, your prospects are pretty dim.

Are you his mother??? You sound like his mother. :lol:

Hey Captain!

I’m not good at going back and finding this stuff but over the past few weeks, either in the spec or in interviews somewhere the following has been said:

1. Timmy Chang made fun of the Tiger Cat coaching staff after a game

2. In the Labour Day rematch last year (1 year ago today!) the co-ordinator called a play, he changed it in the huddle and then was picked off

3. He went to the coaching staff behind Maas’ back to put him down and tell Charlie that he should be the starter, this came out last year before the season started but it came out again this year

Sorry that I haven’t been able to get you links!

-Dirt

Where do I get off saying he stunk? BECAUSE HE DID! Every chance in the REGULAR SEASON, he failed, miserably.

I would like to know your football background as well. You seem to have this guy as the next Waren Moon or Doug Flutie.

I’ll tell you my football background. I have been going to Ticat games since I was 4 or 5. I played 2 years of high school football. I have read almost every single CFL football book out there. I religiously read media guides and the CFL facts, figures and records book. I passionately follow the Cat and Bills with all of their transactions. I attend training camp and go to all of the Cat games that I can. I tape and watch back every game, home and away. I watch old football game (70s/80s/90s). Now I may not be an expert but I have acquired a great football sense over the past 26 years. SORRY I DON’T MEET YOUR QUALIFICATIONS TO POST ON THIS SITE!

Please look at Timmy Chang’s stats which someone has provided in this post. His numbers were terrible! He had his chances here!

There is a reason why him as well as Colt Brennan will never succeed in the NFL. The system they played in College. It’s more of a pass oriented / shotgun offense which no one runs in the NFL. I know that it’s similar to the West Coast but no one runs it. It’s successful in college but not the pros.

I know now I’m going to get ripped because the NFL only looks for 6 foot 4, 200 pound qb with a cannon for an arm. So please don’t hate on me.

If Chang plays well last year, he’s still on the team this year. Who cares about who makes more money. Our best qb is starting right now. Richie had his shot last year and took full advantage of it.

I don’t care anymore that we got rid of Calvillo. Tell me, who took his place? Danny Mac. Did you like him? You probably were in love with him.

Next, how many Grey Cups has AC won for MTL? Is it not the same # that DM won for us? So what, MTL can make the playoffs every year? So do the Atlanta Braves and they only have 1 title!

The playoffs every year would be nice but that’s not what I want. I want the Grey Cup every year!

Timmy is nothing more than a back up in this league. Everyone was so high on this guy cuz of 1 preseason game where starters play a qtr and half the time are playing back ups anyways.

I think you should value my opinion just like everyone elses on this site.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE THE PERSONAL ATTACK TO ME OR MY FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE. I AM A FAN WITH AN OPINION! I SEE A GUY SUCK IN THE REGULAR SEASON, I AM GOING TO TELL YOU THAT!

You are praising Chang like he is the second coming of Jesus! You base everything on what he did in college. College is not the pros! If everything was based on the pros then Chang would be in Canton when he retires, Flutie would have been drafted first overall and took that team to 5 Super Bowl titles. Tony Mandarich would have been a perenial all star lineman.

Please don’t base a guy on a collegiate career and one preseason game.

This guy has a long way to go before coming anything in this league.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to everything I said getting ripped apart. I greatly appreciate it! (sarcasm mode turned off!)

[Hey Captain!

I'm not good at going back and finding this stuff but over the past few weeks, either in the spec or in interviews somewhere the following has been said:

1. Timmy Chang made fun of the Tiger Cat coaching staff after a game

Who hasn't made fun for the Ticat coaching staff. And who wouldn't make fun of them.

1. In the Labour Day rematch last year (1 year ago today!) the co-ordinator called a play, he changed it in the huddle and then was picked off

Good for him. I wish Printers and Williams would ignore the ridiculous calls coming in from our OC and head coach. maybe we could win a few games.

1. He went to the coaching staff behind Maas' back to put him down and tell Charlie that he should be the starter, this came out last year before the season started but it came out again this year

HAHAHa. That's the best. What QB in this league with the least bit of confidence in their skills wouldn't go to the coach and ask for a shot to start after watching Maas for more than 2 games. Good for Timmy he actually had some confidence in his ability to help the Cats. Too bad the coaches didn't give him a legitimate chance rather than pull him after two impossible games against the Argo Defence.

-Dirt
[/quote]